Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X Rated Teachers

Re: Re: Suicide Blondes

Originally posted by DavidB
    ... and nothing should happen. .
    Yup, thats the theory but this female lemings seem to think that gravity doesn't apply. I've lost count of the number of time you do a move and suddenly the woman os going earthwards .... you ask them why (after to rescue them) and they say something inane like "My partner alwys does a drop after that move" or "I thought you scratching you nose was a signal for a drop"

Not trying to be nasty ... ok, being NASTY I venture that men should stop interfeering with nature. If some women are dumb enough to want to throw themselves backward on the slightest provocation, who are we to get in the way of Darwins Law? Let evolution takes its natural step and let the lemings wipe themselves out thus removing these defective gene bearers from the genetic pool!

....now, if we can just find a way of removing compuslive male droppers and airsteppers from the gene pools then the land of dancing Nirvana may be within grasp

Yeadh ... before you ask .. I DID have a lousy night dancing last night ... does it show?

... and nothing should happen. If the lady thinks you are doing a drop or seducer, and you are not used to dancing with each other, then she should still be trying to support her own weight.
    Agreed! While I rather like drops etc at times, I generally never trust anyone else to support all my weight for me. I'll only chose to do potentially life-threatening drops with my partner (as in, boyfriend) ... cos he knows there'll be hell to pay if anything goes wrong (or, at least, he won't get his tea cooked for him that night!).

Originally posted by Gus
    ....now, if we can just find a way of removing compuslive male droppers and airsteppers from the gene pools then the land of dancing Nirvana may be within grasp
    Agreed!!

Just noticed a little bit of irony in this thread; look at the couple in the top left corner of yor browser

Re: Re: Re: Suicide Blondes

Originally posted by Rachel
    he knows there'll be hell to pay if anything goes wrong (or, at least, he won't get his tea cooked for him that night!).
    Won't get his tea cooked?? Gosh, you must have him right under your thumb! Anyone know any good threatening workshops we can send Rachel to? Gus - maybe there's another untapped opportunity there?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Suicide Blondes

Originally posted by Graham

Won't get his tea cooked?? Gosh, you must have him right under your thumb! Anyone know any good threatening workshops we can send Rachel to? Gus - maybe there's another untapped opportunity there?
    Alright, alright ... I can think of worse threats, but none that I'd post to the board! Actually, when I talk about 'cooking', it's not really much loss to him, as my cooking skills only extend as far as pouring boiling water into a pot noodle!

Come to think of it, he did manage to bash my head on the floor on Saturday night. Of course ... I'd forgotten about that ... that's obviously why he was bringing me beans on toast in bed after we got home that night. (As you can see, his cooking is about as good as mine!)

I dunno .... as a sad single guy witholding of feeding rights seems nearly as threatening as the witholding of other rights!

Mind you, Marc's a real nice guy ... can't imagine him dropping Rachel on purpose .... unless he didn't get his tea of course

... and nothing should happen. If the lady thinks you are doing a drop or seducer, and you are not used to dancing with each other, then she should still be trying to support her own weight.
    Now David I thought you were going to say .....If the lady thinks you are doing a drop or seducer (and you aren't) then maybe you aren't leading some of your moves properly??????

As for supporting her own weight - some of the moves are difficult to support your own weight - like the Ballroom drop (actually must try that out and see).

Think also of some of the moves where the woman has no choice - I've known some men have me upside down over hip with both legs in the air before I even knew it (last week being the last time - with a guy I would never trust to hold me).

And Gus - give us women a break - we get so used to being told to let the man lead that sometimes we do switch off and just do what comes naturally - even when I'm not doing Ceroc these days, if a man is holding my hand and then raises it - I will just turn under it - so if a woman has switched off and her usual partner does do a seducer at a particular time - and that's not what you meant - PLEASE don't let her fall - we all make mistakes - I'm sure even you do Oh Great One!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Suicide Blondes

Originally posted by Dancing Veela

Think also of some of the moves where the woman has no choice - I've known some men have me upside down over hip with both legs in the air before I even knew it (last week being the last time - with a guy I would never trust to hold me).
    Fair comment ... if I guy wants to get you into a half-loop ... ther is very little that you can do about it at the time, though right knee to his groin afterwards may encourage him not to do it again.

And Gus - give us women a break - we get so used to being told to let the man lead that sometimes we do switch off ..... - PLEASE don't let her fall - we all make mistakes - I'm sure even you do Oh Great One!!!!!!!
    Man learns from his mistakes ... on that basis I must have learnt a lot ... one of them is I'm reponsible for keeping my head off the floor and if any woman has got any sense she will do the same. Sorry if you feel I'm coming on high and mighty but I've just ran a drops workshop at the weekend and after labouring the safety elements one woman STILL managed to throw herslef backwards when the guy wasn't ready ... WHY? I just don't buy the .... "we switch off" ... there has to be an element of common sense. The man is responsible for his action and yours ... fine, but if you are determined to follow a lead that isn't there then its YOUR FAULT!

Of course the guy isn't going to let you fall to the floor but loads of mates (and myself) have pulled backs rescuing women doing a leming impersonation. Having a woman do a drop just because you rest your hand on her shoulder can scarecly be put down to a 'bad lead'!

Come on ... us guys have got a hard enough time of it as it is ... if you are going to do drops ... plesae make sure you've been on a course first ... otherwise, if in doubt, don't go down!

Originally posted by Gus

Man learns from his mistakes ... on that basis I must have learnt a lot ...
    Yes and it took me a while to learn that I shouldn't be so enthusiastic when I'm going into a drop - I do take it easy now - but it did take a wee while to learn to lower myself into a drop rather than throw myself into it (I do rather throw myself into my dancing all together!!!!!)

Originally posted by Gus

Come on ... us guys have got a hard enough time of it as it is ... if you are going to do drops ... plesae make sure you've been on a course first ... otherwise, if in doubt, don't go down!
    No worries there Gus - I would always make sure he was safe before going down!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suicide Blondes

No worries there Gus - I would always make sure he was safe before going down!!!!!
    Now I see why this thread is x-rated!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suicide Blondes

Originally posted by Rachel
    Now I see why this thread is x-rated!!
    It's all these cunning linguists; I've been told that women not only like men to be good at dancing, but have a clever toung

The Oracle

Mis-leading drops

Now David I thought you were going to say .....If the lady thinks you are doing a drop or seducer (and you aren't) then maybe you aren't leading some of your moves properly??????
    If the only way you can lead a drop is by a signal, then you should really consider if it is worth the risk (Does she know the signal? Can it mean anything else? Did you just accidently do a signal that you've never seen before, but she knows?) If you physically lead a drop, it tends to look like you are wrestling with your partner.

And do drops look good enough to risk injuring your partner, or yourself, or annoying everyone dancing near you? If I'm watching people dancing, and I see a drop merchant, I just ignore them. They won't do anything to impress me.

That's why I only do drops, seducers and aerials in routines - they aren't worth all the risks.

David

Re: Mis-leading drops

Does she know the signal? Can it mean anything else? Did you just accidently do a signal that you've never seen before, but she knows?
    Completely agree. As someone who doesn't do drops (because I haven't been taught them properly, and wouldn't consider it safe), I think that the responsibility for following a signal into a drop has to be at least shared - unless the lady can guarantee that she knows every single signal in modern jive, and the signal she has just seen couldn't possibly be anything else (a similar signal meaning something else, a corruption of a different signal, an accidental movement, or the guy scratching himself) then she would be foolhardy to launch herself. In this event, the worst that could happen is that the guy asks why she didn't do the drop as signalled.

From my observation, drop merchants regularly get "refusals" from their partner in mid-dance (as they do it with everyone, even beginners who couldn't possibly know the signal), so I imagine they would be used to it and not get upset.

It hasn't happened recently, but there have certainly been a couple of instances in the past where a lady has tried to dive into a drop move I didn't even know. Luckily I have never got as far as having to do the back-breaking lunge to save them.

All in all, I think drops, etc. are best saved for regular partners.

Re: Re: Mis-leading drops

Completely agree. As someone who doesn't do drops (because I haven't been taught them properly......All in all, I think drops, etc. are best saved for regular partners.
    Graham, sage words indeed. Wish more dancers would pay such heed. I must admit, I'm still at a loss as to why some woman love drops ... if they want a thrill wouldn't a rollercoaster be a more effective method?

Could one of the ladies explain the fascination?

Re: Re: Re: Mis-leading drops

Originally posted by Gus

if they want a thrill wouldn't a rollercoaster be a more effective method?

Could one of the ladies explain the fascination?
    Well you see they don't normally provide rollercoasters at ceroc venues hence the reason most women then have to opt for going down to put a little excitment into their night

filthycute x x

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mis-leading drops

Originally posted by filthycute

hence the reason most women then have to opt for going down to put a little excitment into their night

cough!

B.T.C.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suicide Blondes

Yes and it took me a while to learn that I shouldn't be so enthusiastic when I'm going into a drop - I do take it easy now - but it did take a wee while to learn to lower myself into a drop rather than throw myself into it (I do rather throw myself into my dancing all together!!!!!)

Yes, I am aware of that Veela

mmmmmmmmmm.......... I'm speechless..............

well not quite ! We were at a wonderful weekend at Pitlochry and Kat and Dave taught a dips and drops workshop and as Gus said, did all the right things, going over the safety aspects and at least in the workshop all the women seemed to be taking their time.

Some of us stayed with our partners during the class feeling it was perhaps safer to do so until we mastered the moves. Some nice drops as well. But I can agree with Veela on the point of being caught unawares by the men. I've seen some men whip a woman into a drop before she knew what had happened. It's great to have the element of surprise for some moves so the women don't lead but surely with drops the men must ensure there is space to do it safely and that the woman is likely to enjoy the experience.

I know I don't like the woman to go down unless I'm ready for it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suicide Blondes

Originally posted by bill foreman

mmmmmmmmmm.......... I'm speechless..............
    Bill - sort out your quoting will you ???????? I'm not sure whether you meant you were well aware of me throwing myself into drops when you weren't ready - which may explain why you dropped me on my head so often - or whether I am enthusiastic with my dancing !!!!!!!

But I can agree with Veela
    At LAST someone agreeing with SOMETHING I said - yippee!!!!

I know I don't like the woman to go down unless I'm ready for it.
    I thought you were always ready for it???

B.T.C.
    Veela.............are you actually working today ??????

You seem to be very active ............ nothing else to do

I'm struggling to catch up with all the replies in between working and having cups of tea :p

and you know me and technology..............being able to quote at all is quite an achievement

Look forward to dropping youon your head on Sunday then

Veela.............are you actually working today ??????

You seem to be very active ............ nothing else to do

I'm struggling to catch up with all the replies in between working and having cups of tea :p

and you know me and technology..............being able to quote at all is quite an achievement

Look forward to dropping youon your head on Sunday then
    Yes meant to be working and so much to do - but this is a bit addictive!!!!!!!!

Please try to be careful with my head on Sunday - it's got to last until midnight - and then I'll turn back to a pumpkin - just in time for Halloween!!!!

Thread Information