Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Forum Gathering (B.F.G.)

Ceroc Scotland Forum Get-together

Daft idea I know but......

Franck ... how about picking an event (say Aberdeen Beach Party in July/Aug) and designating it as an official Ceroc Scotland Forum Event ... and EVERYONE on the forum makes their best efforts to come up for it. Get a few coaches form London, North-West, Bristol ... could be a mega event and give us all a chance to meet the real person behind the text.

Good Idea / Bad Idea??

Good Idea!!!!!

Sounds good to me Gus!!!!
    Heather,
    XX

Thats a great idea.

That is, if you include lowly 100+ post people like me

Blog Entries
    That's a rather good idea. I already have a 'Divissima' t-shirt to aid with recognition.

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Re: Ceroc Scotland Forum Get-together

Originally posted by Gus

Franck ... how about picking an event (say Aberdeen Beach Party in July/Aug) and designating it as an official Ceroc Scotland Forum Event ... and EVERYONE on the forum makes their best efforts to come up for it. Get a few coaches form London, North-West, Bristol ... could be a mega event and give us all a chance to meet the real person behind the text.

Good Idea / Bad Idea??

What a wonderful idea!! I have met a few people from at Camber and also after Camber but would luvv to put more faces to names in person

The Original Scooby Dave Hancock's Avatar
    Good idea and think that it should be fancy dress as well

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by Dave Hancock
    Good idea and think that it should be fancy dress as well
    so would that be a Dress as your Avatar fancy dress then dave?..how would we know which Scooby was who?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Dance Demon
    so would that be a Dress as your Avatar fancy dress then dave?..how would we know which Scooby was who?
    he'd be the Scooby whos beating up the other ones for being unoriginal

im going to have to shrink and turn blue !?

Yes, great idea Gus , even for more lowly posters like me!!!!
    But then you know me, don't have very much too say

Linda

The Dashing Moderator

Originally posted by Gus

Good Idea / Bad Idea??
    Good Idea.

Speaking personally I'd prefer it if it was a venue further South than Aberdeen. I considered going to Aberdeen this weekend but flights from East Mids aren't frequent (eg. don't think you can fly up on Saturday) and it's a long way to drive.

Wasn't there a huge venue at Perth where there was a party last August? Would this be any good?

David
    Love dance, will travel

Thumbs up Re: Ceroc Scotland Forum Get-together

Originally posted by Gus

Good Idea / Bad Idea??

A very good idea, Thing would be to do would have the coaches depart from key locations. Ideally though for us Southern people a flight would be better. If enough of us went, I wonder if we could charter a plane but that would mean forking out cash up front.

Sounds great idea -how many going to Blackpool Comp, would that be suitable for meeting up there?

Commercial Operator
    Sounds like a great idea. Even though it's very inconvenient for me I think this get together should be in Scotland. It is the "Ceroc Scotland Forum" after all.

Why use an existing event for this get together? There's enough people in here to make it an event in it's own right. Also, once non-Forum Cerocers know the likes of David and Lily are coming they'll buy tickets too

If us people from way down South get enough notice we could get cheap flights on the likes of EasyJet. I've just looked up the fares, 8 people flying from Gatwick going to Edinburgh on Saturday 20th March and returning the next day would cost less than £40 each! And if you did it in the week it would be about £14 return!!! Although a coach sounds fun too. We'd need to organise an early start to make sure we got up there in time to shower, do our make-up, etc so it would mean an early start or leaving on the Friday (I'm assuming the event would be on a Saturday).

Alternatively, we could fly midweek, go to classes on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, do the get together on the Saturday, and fly back Sunday. We'd have to be mad to do that - where are the classes....

Come on Franck, I know it's your Birthday so leave organising this event until tomorrow

p.s. Happy Birthday

Some of us from down south are planning to go to the the Beach Ballroom in Aberdeen in February - check the Las Palmas thread. We thought it would be a great re-union, but could also be a forum social as well. Billco & Bex have been invited up to teach and Erick to DJ. Don't know who else yet - FrancK??

I have been in touch with a smart-looking 4-star hotel very close to the venue, and they are willing to do a discount depending on how many rooms we can book. If I can get an idea of numbers I will try and negotiate a decent rate - especially if it might be a twice or thrice yearly event. Will also check out flight prices from different airports.

However, could this be seen as history repeating itself with an invasion over the border from those damned English!

Let me know if you're interested.

M

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

im going to have to shrink and turn blue !?
    What about me? I'd have to do my impersonatiion of Timkerbell and shrink to 7" tall and sit on someone's hand (no comments please....lol)

Originally posted by Andy McGregor
    Sounds like a great idea. Even though it's very inconvenient for me I think this get together should be in Scotland. It is the "Ceroc Scotland Forum" after all.

If us people from way down South get enough notice we could get cheap flights on the likes of EasyJet. I've just looked up the fares, 8 people flying from Gatwick going to Edinburgh on Saturday 20th March and returning the next day would cost less than £40 each! And if you did it in the week it would be about £14 return!!! Although a coach sounds fun too.
    It sounds a great idea. Don't forget to pick up lil' ol' me on the way up!

Another great idea but rather worried if i have to commit a cardinal sin and refuse to dance with a certain person who keeps dressing up as a female. Then again with all the practice you have been getting andy maybe i will just mistake you for a female and always as usual say yes.

Having just returned from the Beach Ballroom Party i have to say it is a great venue to have a ceroc forum get together. Maybe as a one off we could get EMMA to do a special T shirt with the dancing duo on the front (the ones in red orange type that look great) and on the back YOUR AVATOR. Done as a big transfer on both sides it would encourage us all to go over and have a chat and introduce ourselves to each other. Since most of us that dont stop dancing and change at least two or three times at a dance party perhaps we could have a Forum Dance period announced or arranged and announced at a pre-determined time and everyone requested to put your T SHIRTS ON during that period.

Just a thought..........................

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by Bardsey
    What about me? I'd have to do my impersonatiion of Timkerbell and shrink to 7" tall and sit on someone's hand (no comments please....lol)

Somebody stop me...

Re: Re: Ceroc Scotland Forum Get-together

Originally posted by michael
    Since most of us that dont stop dancing and change at least two or three times at a dance party perhaps we could have a Forum Dance period announced or arranged and announced at a pre-determined time and everyone requested to put your T SHIRTS ON during that period.

Just a thought..........................
    That would be a great idea....sort of a T shirt spot dance.

Count me in PLEASE!

Sandy

Thread Information