• £16

1 1.56%
  • £18

1 1.56%
  • £20

8 12.50%
  • Whatever it costs

17 26.56%
  • Nothing .. why should I pay when I can go for free?

1 1.56%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fair Price for a QUALITY Freestyle

Re: Fair Price for a QUALITY Freestyle

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames

I do have some disposable income, so I'd happily pay £20, if I knew it was going to be good. But, you never know.
    That's it exactly, you never know. I might be feeling tired/ grumpy/ out of sorts on the night. Or my feet might be hurting, or my tights getting on my nerves, (!?!) or any other factor beyond the control of the organisers. I could just as easily have a better night in some provincial backwater for £8 (or £7 as long as it's not Ceroc Central) so why pay more?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F

I would be willing to pay £20 for a 4, or preferably 5 hour set, purely because I love the kind of music that Jango play.
    As it just doesnt happen anywhere else I consider it a niche (if thats the right word) market. As such I would expect to pay more for it.
    Im not saying many others would as petrol is a biggy!! especially at these prices
    Perhaps £15 then for a Jango'esq night of music and frolics Thats £3 per hour. Thats mouth-wateringly good value

I would forgo all other dancing that week if it meant paying a bit more for a Jango event... I certainly get more out of the class and the freestyle. Kate's class last night was awesome and I really feel like I learn something at these classes. The freestyle gives me a chance to really put what I have learnt into practice with other likeminded people instead of heading off to somewhere like Ashtons to have my arms yanked and crash into people with no floorcraft. (no offence to those who like Ashtons. )

Dance venue-wise, my needs are very simple. A large, good floor, easy to get to, plenty of parking, good sound system and a competent DJ. The first and last are the most important, the rest don't matter much to me. I certainly don't think we should have to pay extra to get decent music, it should be part of the basic package.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Jive Cat.
    I am amazed at some of the posts on this subject. I spend much more travelling between venues than on admissions but i still want value for money. Most dancers needs are like yours.
    A good floor, room to dance, good music, plenty of time to dance and a good gathering of interesting dancers.
    I for one have no interest in Cabarets, lessons, Black tie events, food ( except after the event breakfast would be nice)
    The price should reflect the type of venue and the timing of the event I think £6 is reasonable for local freestyles and £8 is expensive A quality freestyle in a nice venue £7 is good value but £12 expensive.

Thread Information