Thread: It's Here!!!

Meglio del Cioccolato Demo

It's Here!!!

From MacMinute.com

June 15 - 07:21 EDT<!--/date--> Apple today officially launched its iTunes Music Store in the UK, France and Germany giving music fans there the same large online catalogue, a la carte pricing, free previews, one-click purchasing and downloading, and more that have made iTunes the number one online music service in the world. As expected, the songs are priced at 79pense/€0.99 each, with albums starting at £7.99/€9.99 -- a catalog of over 700,000 songs is available. Apple also announced today that it will launch a European Union version of the iTunes Music Store in October of this year.

Re: It's Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azande
    As expected, the songs are priced at 79pense/€0.99 each, with albums starting at £7.99/€9.99
    Given that the exchange rate is currently 1.5042 (Euro to Pound) this makes the UK prices 16% more expensive that the European prices. Is this another example of "rip-off Britain" or a reflection on Mac?

J

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Given that the exchange rate is currently 1.5042 (Euro to Pound) this makes the UK prices 16% more expensive that the European prices. Is this another example of "rip-off Britain" or a reflection on Mac?
    Or maybe it's just because in the UK we have VAT?

I've activated my account and browsing / downloading as I type!

Best news in ages, and for anyone without itunes... now is the time to give it a try
    Free pc or mac download from www.apple.com/itunes
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by azande
    As expected, the songs are priced at 79pense/€0.99 each, with albums starting at £7.99/€9.99
    Wow... how efficient is that!
    Within minutes of listening to the free preview of the track, it is now on my hard-drive... ready to play

What a bonus for all Ceroc DJs everywhere... No need to buy the full (overpriced) album - unless you want to. Just cherry pick the one or two danceable tracks and for £1.50 you have the latest dance floor hits...

and for all of you Windows users out there, think of how much you will save on virus protection software when buying music legally!
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franck
    and for all of you Windows users out there
    with the exception of the poor s***that have Windows ME - where's the green "sick as a parrot" smilie when you need it
    I feel an iBook purchase coming on
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Franck
    and for all of you Windows users out there, think of how much you will save on virus protection software when buying music legally!
    hah, the best virus killer software is FREE at www.grisoft.com. Also if you dont use Internet Explorer or Outlook Express you'll cut your virus possibilities by nearly 100%

..but a Mac is still less likely to be affected at all

The Oracle

Good comparison of all the different download websites:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...ic/3794229.stm

ITunes would be my least favourite because of its format isn't supported by anything apart from over-priced IPods. (But if you have an Ipod it makes it the obvious choice.)

Angel with attitude! xSalsa_Angelx's Avatar

Cool Great news
    I tried downloading itunes a couple of weeks ago only to find it was the American version and was not available in the UK.

Guess what am doing at the weekend now? Off to find all my fav Ceroc Tunes

Meglio del Cioccolato Demo

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Good comparison of all the different download websites:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...ic/3794229.stm

ITunes would be my least favourite because of its format isn't supported by anything apart from over-priced IPods. (But if you have an Ipod it makes it the obvious choice.)
    The iPod might be overpriced compared to other MP3 players but you could alway download from the iTMS and convert the song to MP3 and use it with any other player. For what I've seen the iTMS is the best store around.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Well I don't have an iPod or an Apple, but as i-Tunes is so much better than anything else I've used I'll stick with it, and if you really need it in MP3 format, it's easy enough to convert.

Jayne, good point re. the rip off Britain prices, maybe I should set up an account with an Irish bank account, though presumably if you are logged on in the UK you pay UK prices? And Franck, VAT is higher in most of Europe (particularly Ireland - 21% last time I looked) than it is here.

Greg

Thread Information