Thread: Aussie Jive Masters 2004

Sydney, Australia. A _long_ way from Scotland.

Aussie Jive Masters 2004

Hi folks,

Last night was Ceroc & Modern Jive's championships, which had a Jive Masters section for the first time.

The placings were:

1st: Louise and Adrian from Melbourne (awesome and smooth aerials )
    2nd: Emily and Louie from Sydney (uber-funky )
    3rd: ??? (sorry, I'll remember as soon as I post this) and John from Melbourne

For those of you who remember Janet Bradburn from her recent visit over there , she got to the finals (with me! ).

Nicky's trying to convince Louise and Adrian to zoom over to have a go at the UK Jive Masters (although I guess they'd have to be invited first, wouldn't they?)

Re: Aussie Jive Masters 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    2nd: Emily and Louie from Sydney (uber-funky )
    Any video evidence?? Was the event videod ... would love to see the Auusie take on funky dancing

Ceroc Franchisee & Teacher cerocmetro's Avatar

Nicky's trying to convince Louise and Adrian to zoom over to have a go at the UK Jive Masters (although I guess they'd have to be invited first, wouldn't they?)
    Actually, I did agree with Nicky that their JM would effectively be a heat for JM here. So the winners are by rights straight through to the final in November here.

The only thing that remains however is to make sure that the rules were the same as here and that the event was run the same way, although if the idea was the same in principal ie only the best dancers competed, then we would love to see the winners here anyway

We did mention this way back somewhere just in case someone reckons we are making this up.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by cerocmetro
    Actually, I did agree with Nicky that their JM would effectively be a heat for JM here. So the winners are by rights straight through to the final in November here.

The only thing that remains however is to make sure that the rules were the same as here and that the event was run the same way, although if the idea was the same in principal ie only the best dancers competed, then we would love to see the winners here anyway

We did mention this way back somewhere just in case someone reckons we are making this up.

Adam
    The criteria was "past advanced winners/placers" also 2 other couples gave it a go and got into the finals (including Gary and the wonderful Janet).

IMHO - Adrian and Louise would only enhance a final and would certainly give anyone a run for thier money (watch out Clayton and Janine).
    My money is on Adrian and Louise - so who is trumping up the airfare?

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Any video evidence?? Was the event videod ... would love to see the Auusie take on funky dancing
    Louie IMHO is "the best" male funk ceroc dancer I know Uk and Aussie.
    He also took out Dance with a stranger (lucky dip) both in Ceroc UK and Australia 2003.

If you want to see interpretation (and making your partner look good) at its best, go no further...

Also the top female "funk" teacher/dancer I have seen has to be Barbara Laing - my dance partner 2001. (biast, yes, but also an informed opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    Louie IMHO is "the best" male funk ceroc dancer I know Uk and Aussie.
    He also took out Dance with a stranger (lucky dip) both in Ceroc UK and Australia 2003.

If you want to see interpretation (and making your partner look good) at its best, go no further...

Also the top female "funk" teacher/dancer I have seen has to be Barbara Laing - my dance partner 2001. (biast, yes, but also an informed opinion).
    OK .. let me say this slowly ... HOW DO I GET TO SEE THEM?? Please understand ...a DVD/Video is a lot cheaper than taking 2 weeks off work and flying half way round the world ... though if they are as good as you say it may well be worth it.

Blog Entries

Alright, Gus! There is invariably a video of the Australian competitions available to buy. I daresay if you email Nicky or Robert they will take your order.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    OK .. let me say this slowly ... HOW DO I GET TO SEE THEM?? Please understand ...a DVD/Video is a lot cheaper than taking 2 weeks off work and flying half way round the world ... though if they are as good as you say it may well be worth it.
    Yup Nicky will have it on tape.. Thing is it will be a compilation from several tapes.

2 weeks in Aussie - you could do worse...

Sydney, Australia. A _long_ way from Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by cerocmetro
    ... although if the idea was the same in principal ie only the best dancers competed, then we would love to see the winners here anyway
    I'm afraid that's not the case Anyone was allowed to enter, but previous place-getters in Advanced could only enter at that level.

I believe the UK Jive Masters is judged by the audience? If the audience is swayed by impressive aerials performed flawlessly and with great musicality, then Louise and Adrian are looking very strong.

Ceroc Franchisee & Teacher cerocmetro's Avatar

I'm afraid that's not the case Anyone was allowed to enter, but previous place-getters in Advanced could only enter at that level.

I believe the UK Jive Masters is judged by the audience? If the audience is swayed by impressive aerials performed flawlessly and with great musicality, then Louise and Adrian are looking very strong.
    I think I understand that.

The only rule we have is that only two aerials are allowed in each track, ie two in the slow and 2 in the fast.

If you do more, you are not disqualied, but points are deducted from your score.

I would love to see Adrian & Louise over here and if they are prepared to come, I am sure we can arrange accomodation for them and some workshops, classes and performances to pay for their trip.

Adam

Thread Information