• Got no choice .. get dragged along

1 1.45%
  • Fancy the teacher!

6 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you go to Ceroc?

Originally posted by Franck
    This is why I take issue with your second point. Ceroc does not have a "confidence" problem, quite the opposite, we know we are the best We know we can blend (pretty much any) musical / dance style within our current classes, but it does not mean we should sacrifice our principles or the quality of our nights!

Franck.
    AHHH NOOOOO ... I find myself having to agree with Franck twice in one lifetime ... AND sticking up for Ceroc ..... truly a sad day

The Ceroc product is truly outstanding ... very accesible to the majority of the active population, giving high degree of satisfaction and (relatively) very cheap. It introduces people who can't/haven't danced (like myself) to prper dance and in some cases inspires them to take up other dance forms. It is also highly adaptable ... and this is where I maybe differ from Nessie's views.

I think that the Ceroc dance as taught needs to stay the same but it is more for the individual to develop his/her own style to incorporate other styles. If you look at the more experienced dancers they have all developed their own twist on ceroc, be it using hip-hop, blues. lindy, latin ... etc.

So .... I think my point is that the Ceroc product itself is excellent and should remain as the core. Outside that workshops are good (who provides them is another question) but I think the drive for change will always come from the individual dancer.

I think its an entirly seperate question to ask if the way that Ceroc is run is helpfull ... on that point I'm entirely in agreement with Nessie ... but I don't think its appropriate at this point to rant and rave against the way that the Ceroc product is let down by the Ceroc HQ organisation.

Thank you Frank for your comments, I also agree that Ceroc is one of the best set up teaching formats I have tried and I was not disputing that. I would never suggest that you compromise your teaching or give a lesser class, what I was suggesting is that maybe if Ceroc would allow franchisees to import the teachers from other related forms of dance such as Salsa or Lindy just for a night on perhaps freestyle occassions for a basic lesson it may be beneficial to some of the regular members of the venue.

I am one of the people who has ventured into other forms of dance because of my love for Ceroc and the fact that it has opened up the thought pattern of learning more dancing because I enjoy it so much, which has got to be a good thing I would love to be able to take part in a one-off class at my regular venue for say West Coast Swing or a bit of Lindy. It would save me the trouble of having to go somewhere else to try these things. After all it can only improve your dancing ability.

Nessie

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by nessie2611
    I would never suggest that you compromise your teaching or give a lesser class, what I was suggesting is that maybe if Ceroc would allow franchisees to import the teachers from other related forms of dance such as Salsa or Lindy just for a night on perhaps freestyle occassions for a basic lesson it may be beneficial to some of the regular members of the venue.
    Ah, I see what you mean The idea sounds good in theory but in practise would fail on a number of points.
    First of all, most other dance classes "just don't get" how to make learning to dance easy and accessible, and this would be a big let down for the majority of Cerocers who are used to "instant" progress and gratification at Ceroc nights.
    Obviously, you have reached a point where you are ready for more challenges and want to learn more (discipline / technique/ etc...), but, and this is where I agree with Gus (whoops ) this readiness comes from each individual. Not everyone will be ready to handle Lindy footwork, and in fact most people (experienced or not) will have no desire to!
    On the other hand, if Ceroc teachers spend time learning Lindy or Cuban Salsa etc... and they draw from their Ceroc training experience and manage to make some of the moves fit the Ceroc ethos, then everyone (I mean 90% of Cerocers here) win! The 10% who want more will be thankful to Ceroc for introducing them to partner dancing, and giving them an unparalleled enthusiasm and enjoyment of dancing, but will move on to become semi-pro dancers or dance teachers themselves (this has happened so many times in my experience, though of course, they don't always admit how much they owe to Ceroc in the first place )

Franck.

Unhappy

Can't go to Ceroc any longer

Re: Re: Re: Slightly Disturbing

OH LOOK SO I CAN EDIT IT AFTER I'VE SUBMITTED IT - EXCELLENT - MUST GO BACK TO ALL THOSE ONES I WROTE ABOUT LACK OF SEXY MEN IN SCOTLAND BEFORE I GET KILLED ON SUNDAY!!!!!!

Hmmmm - if you decided to reply to something , started a reply and then changed your mind (I'm a woman - it's allowed!!!) because you decided you really shouldn't say what you were going to say.......how would you go about it?????
    Last edited by Dancing Veela; 14th-October-2002 at 06:25 PM.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    say it anyway and plead insanity

There are pixies in the computer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Slightly Disturbing

Originally posted by Dancing Veela
    Hmmmm - if you decided to reply to something , started a reply and then changed your mind (I'm a woman - it's allowed!!!) because you decided you really shouldn't say what you were going to say.......how would you go about it?????
    Provided you haven't actually hit the submit button, you can just abandon the post by hitting the back button on your browser, or going to a new internet page. If you HAVE hit the submit button you can click on the edit button on the post to edit the content (to be something completely different) but not delete it. Franck can also delete posts altogether if he chooses.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slightly Disturbing

Originally posted by Graham

Provided you haven't actually hit the submit button, you can just abandon the post by hitting the back button on your browser, or going to a new internet page. If you HAVE hit the submit button you can click on the edit button on the post to edit the content (to be something completely different) but not delete it. Franck can also delete posts altogether if he chooses.
    thanks Graham (and DS - I'm not insane - yet!!!!! and Jayne- the pixies are everywhere) decided to go try out the edit thing - very good

Re: Re: Re: Re: Slightly Disturbing

OH LOOK SO I CAN EDIT IT AFTER I'VE SUBMITTED IT - EXCELLENT - MUST GO BACK TO ALL THOSE ONES I WROTE ABOUT LACK OF SEXY MEN IN SCOTLAND BEFORE I GET KILLED ON SUNDAY!!!!!!
    There's no sexy men in Scotland???? Are you walking around with your eyes closed woman!!?!?!?

What about....erm.....
    Or maybe....um....
    Oh you can't forget....nah...

Damn! Will get back to you on that....

filthycute x x

Too Sexy For Scotland

Only kidding guys!

There's tonnes of sexy men in Scotland....
    DV, i can't vouch for your end of the world but surely you've encountered Bill, Scot, The 'Lovely' Roy, Brian, Obi, John S, Sherwin (our very own Bombay Bad Boy) to name but a few.....
    And of course Franck, the fairest of the land (did you see him in his shorts???)

Think we should be asing ourselves "Where are all the un-sexy men in Scotland"??
    Obviously not in Ceroc!!

Sorry any guys i missed out...you know your all sexy Scots

filthycute x x

Re: Too Sexy For Scotland

Originally posted by filthycute
    Only kidding guys!

There's tonnes of sexy men in Scotland....
    DV,

I'm not going back to the 'what makes a man sexy?' thread!!!!! All the guys you mention and more are fantastic dancers - but sexy???????

oh no wait a minute - I want a dance from ALL of them on Sunday - so yes you are right FC - they are VERY sexy!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Too Sexy For Scotland

I'm not going back to the 'what makes a man sexy?' thread!!!!! All the guys you mention and more are fantastic dancers - but sexy???????

oh no wait a minute - I want a dance from ALL of them on Sunday - so yes you are right FC - they are VERY sexy!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok i tried convincing her guys but no joy.....
    Just give all her dances to me on Sunday

filthycute x x

Re: Re: Re: Too Sexy For Scotland

Originally posted by filthycute

Ok i tried convincing her guys but no joy.....
    Just give all her dances to me on Sunday

filthycute x x
    No guys - come prove to me just how sexy you are!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Too Sexy For Scotland

No guys - come prove to me just how sexy you are!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah go on guys.....
    no need to prove it to me....i already know

filthycute x x

I am coming to the opinion that I would rather go to venues where people will say Hi to you, and take an interest in how you are getting on, and vice verca

If there happens to be good dancers around then great. If there are alot of beginners it may not be ideal, but I can live with it,

I think certain venues where the social side is eclipsed by the Clique brigade, Hotshots and Hangers on people should be avoided.

As for the question of the opposite sex, well I can honestly say I never walk on the dance floor with the deliberate intention of meeting suitable members of the female species Doing so is a big mistake and can make you very unhappy

Originally posted by Jon L
    I can honestly say I never walk on the dance floor with the deliberate intention of meeting suitable members of the female species Doing so is a big mistake and can make you very unhappy
    .....are you saying that meeting members of the female race can make you unhappy fullstop?

No. deliberately searching for a relationship (i.e. that's what you have come to the evening for), results in disappointment usually
    Last edited by Jon L; 21st-November-2003 at 12:41 AM.

The Forum Legend
    Well. I was going to click on the 'I go because I fancy the teacher' option.

But I've just come from Perth!!

(Sorry Franck )

Steve

Aren't a lot of these reasons/questions chicken and egg?

Thread Information