Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Teachers or Entertainers

I think the thing that improved my style most (although some would say WHAT STYLE?????!!!!!) was dancing with a regular partner where we both learned moves together and actually practised them over and over again until we had them right.

Going to workshops gives you the ideas for the style you may long to have, but only by practising them will you actually improve.

Now that I no longer have a regular partner I'll just have to practise on other people................

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by Dancing Veela
    I think the thing that improved my style most (although some would say WHAT STYLE?????!!!!!
    was dancing with a regular partner where we both learned moves together and actually practised them over and over again until we had them right.

Now that I no longer have a regular partner I'll just have to practise on other people................
    Now who on earth would say you have no style ? :p who would dare

But you are right...........you can learn a great deal at a workshop but unless you have someone to keep going over the moves with then they slip away and there's no time to really practice them till you feel they look OK. Even better I suppose if your dance partner goes to the same venue

Dancing all night is great fun but it's hardly the time or place to stop and go over moves and try to work out why they didn't work. As someone mentioned earlier - a mirror and/or a camera will give you a glimpse of what the moves look like.

I suppos eone good thing about competitions ( the only good thing ) is that they make us take time to go over some moves and try to do them smoothly but I found that by the time the comp comes along I've forgotten the moves anyway......... ..........on which note best of luck to everyone for the Scottish Comp..........sure everyone will have fun and really looking forward to seeing the other teams.

Thread Information