Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputations dustbin

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Reputations dustbin

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp
    Ooh. How much weight do my votes carry then??
    A very scary 13 points per vote!
    Make sure you use them wisely of Forum legend!
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Good to have the whole rep thing explained. So someone can't repeatedly slam someone else, and the comments are not anonymous. And if you want your rep to go up - be really nice to the wonderful, amazing, and splendid Franck as his vote will count for the most! (OK - enough crawling for one post.)

Quote Originally Posted by Franck
    Or maybe Trampy carries the most weight.

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Or maybe Trampy carries the most weight.
    Franck carries the most weight (It was the monster breakfast and pepperoni pizza on Wednesday that did it) (I just had the monster breakfast myself ).

However, for anyone thinking that they will get me back for my experimenting (Hiya ChrisA), just remember that I will win

Trampy

Blog Entries

Interestingly, I have two added in reputation thingies, which are grey - ie, neither adding, or taking away from my reputation.

Since neither of them have comments, I have to wonder what the point was. Or indeed how that was done...
    Anyone who doesn't qualify yet to increase or lower reputation (either because they haven't reached the 30 posts minimum or have a low rep themselves) will appear as a grey vote and will neither add nor remove any points. I am not sure if their comments would still appear.
    Franck.

The Forum Legend

Anyone who doesn't qualify yet to increase or lower reputation (either because they haven't reached the 30 posts minimum or have a low rep themselves) will appear as a grey vote and will neither add nor remove any points. I am not sure if their comments would still appear.
    Ah. Okie.

Yes, their comments do still appear, so it's worth newbies still commenting (if they have nice things to say!!).

Do their points get retrospectively added if they reach the 30 post or good rep mark?

Trampy

Blog Entries

Hi Franck

Thanks for explaining these things. Alas, I am a bear of little brain when it comes to such things and it takes ages to work them out for myself

I have already come a cropper with an ill-conceived and unclear negative reputation comment - fortunately, apologised to the individual concerned and all cleared up and forgotten about before my comment would have been attributed to me a short while ago *phew*

Blog Entries

I've just thought of another question for Franck.

How many reputation points does one need to get another green dot, and what are the incremental reputation descriptions?

Your seven dots make you splendid to behold (amen to that) whereas our mere one dot set us on a distinguished road. Can you tell us the others????

However, for anyone thinking that they will get me back for my experimenting (Hiya ChrisA), just remember that I will win
    Hiya Trampy

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)

I personally think the rep points *should* be anonymous, but that there should be no comments. In my opinion if someone wants to comment upon someone's post then they can either do so on the thread, or through a PM. I feel that having rep points attributed and with comments makes them into another form of private messaging

Blog Entries

And impoved smileys - colours and everything!!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    I personally think the rep points *should* be anonymous, but that there should be no comments. In my opinion if someone wants to comment upon someone's post then they can either do so on the thread,
    I'm in two minds on this one, I agree that comments should really go onto the thread, or a PM.
    I feel there is already a danger of the reputations thing getting too serious. Of course if someone has a good opinion of us, egotism will inevitably mean we want to know who and why. But there is a danger of it all becoming too luvvie. Conversely, if someone has a bad opinion of me, I would want to know who and why so that either I can change their mind, or vice versa.

I would prefer to see it as something not very serious, but if someone makes you smile, highlights something you've never thought of, or says something that completely expresses your own views, then give them a plus point. If a post disgusts you, makes you angry, or bores you (I'm treading dangerous ground here!), maybe even if it is incomprehensible (bad spelling or grammar ) then give it a minus.

So until I'm persuaded otherwise, that's how I'll treat it, and in line with that I'll be anonymous, and without comments. That way it is also easier to avoid friends going OTT supporting each other, or the opposite.

Greg

I personally think the rep points *should* be anonymous, but that there should be no comments. In my opinion if someone wants to comment upon someone's post then they can either do so on the thread, or through a PM. I feel that having rep points attributed and with comments makes them into another form of private messaging

Totally agree.

Chris

The Forum Legend

I think that I'm in agreement with that. It'll be quite difficult to disapprove of any posts I think, knowing the people who wrote them (and being likely to bump into them), unless you're doing a 'Will'

Trampy

So if Trampy's votes are worth 13 points, what are mine worth, given that I've been here since 2001 when the old forum was spammed?

If anyone wants more points, send me a positive rep and I'll send you one back!

J

Commercial Operator

Sorry, Em.

I disagree. There have been a minotiry who have crossed the line on this forum. I'd hate to see that again... I mean, I've no idea which sex, wearing what clothes Andy is going to chose in the next comp he enters

We, each, are and should be accountable and responsible for what we put in...

A comment need not be a post... just a comment (2/3 words)

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    :

well i would, but apparantly i "must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jayne again." ...which i find absolutely hilarious

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    So if Trampy's votes are worth 13 points, what are mine worth, given that I've been here since 2001 when the old forum was spammed?

Currently 7... You have age, but you're lagging in number of posts

Anyway, enough of this incitement to abuse the Forum rules!
    Franck.

Commercial Operator

Question

How would Chicklet's rep work?!?

We all know she has a reputation for being bad

However, she also has a reputation for being good at it

Am struggling with the above smillie: what is it blowing exactly??

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman
    ... If a post disgusts you, makes you angry, or bores you (I'm treading dangerous ground here!), maybe even if it is incomprehensible (bad spelling or grammar ) then give it a minus.
    oh oh.

Thread Information