Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: New version of Forum software

Commercial Operator

Re: New version of Forum software

Phew, that's better - I'm back to blue. Franck, does the viewing option automatically go back to "default" if you change any of your other options, 'cos I certainly didn't touch the drop down box?

Greg

Commercial Operator

While I'm having a whinge, is there anyone else that gets "Run Time Errors" popping up since the new version of the forum. It sometimes happens when I click on a smiley, or, like my latest one, when I get the PM reply window up "Line 385, Error: Object Expected" (Franck I'm sure you don't want me to send you a debug of it!)

And did anybody know that if you accidentally hit "Escape" while typing a reply, it wipes the reply panel clean?

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman
    While I'm having a whinge, is there anyone else that gets "Run Time Errors" popping up since the new version of the forum. It sometimes happens when I click on a smiley, or, like my latest one, when I get the PM reply window up "Line 385, Error: Object Expected" (Franck I'm sure you don't want me to send you a debug of it!)

And did anybody know that if you accidentally hit "Escape" while typing a reply, it wipes the reply panel clean?

Greg
    What browser / version are you using ? I use IE6 and Netscape (can't remember the version) without any probs at all. Sounds like you are having problems with your browser running the embedded javascript functions. Check if any updates are available for your browser.

Rob

Just curious; in the member's profile, there is a big section saying "groups belonged to" - What's this?

Could it be used for (eg) taxis, teachers, moderators, etc...? Or is it for "public" groups that members can set up (you wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang)?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by RobC
    What browser / version are you using ? I use IE6.
    Me too and with all the latest updates, but the problems don't seem to be at all consistent.

Franck, I changed my options last week, so as to get a daily email notification of updated posts, but this has made no difference, I still get instant notifications. Is there something I'm missing?

Greg

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman
    Franck, I changed my options last week, so as to get a daily email notification of updated posts, but this has made no difference, I still get instant notifications. Is there something I'm missing?
    Ok, I took a look and your settings appeared to be correct, so I reset all your subcribed threads (so you're not subscribed to any of them anymore).
    Hopefully once you post or choose to re-subscribe to a thread, the emails will work as intended.
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

the forum will not let me send replys to PMs since I started using Mozilla Firebird on this machine. It was ok with replys in Internet Explorer but wouldnt send new PMs. What browser are you supposed to use or is it a coincidence - is it down to astrology ? maybe Pluto is in Uranus ?

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    the forum will not let me send replys to PMs since I started using Mozilla Firebird on this machine. It was ok with replys in Internet Explorer but wouldnt send new PMs. What browser are you supposed to use or is it a coincidence - is it down to astrology ? maybe Pluto is in Uranus ?
    Hi DS,

PMs are working fine here (on Safari) and for others (mostly Internet Explorer) so I guess the issue is with Firebird.
    Do you have pop-ups blocked by any chance? It might be connected as I believe the check for receipt feature uses a temporary popup window...

Will investigate further later
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

I was getting the same errors - "please complete the subject/body" when trying to send them. (Admittedly I was using NetCaptor and not IE)

Thread Information