Thread: Ceroc Champs - Open category

Ceroc Champs

Does anybody think that the Open section @ Ceroc champs takes away the interaction/dancing side with your partner, and if aerials are to be shown they should have their own section as "C2D" does?

I thought David and Lily looked fabulous and in particular 2 of their drops but at the same time i thought Will and kate looked the best for musicality and interpretation.

How do you judge 2 different types of performance?

Any views out there?

The Forum Legend

Re: Ceroc Champs

Originally posted by ji vep
    Does anybody think that the Open section @ Ceroc champs takes away the interaction/dancing side with your partner, and if aerials are to be shown they should have their own section as "C2D" does?

I thought David and Lily looked fabulous and in particular 2 of their drops but at the same time i thought Will and kate looked the best for musicality and interpretation.

Any views out there?
    I would like to see 2 categories for "teachers" to enter. One with aerials, and one without. As it is, "teachers" can only enter a section with aerials involved.

There were far more than 2 types of performance in the Open category on Sunday. And all of them looked totally awesome. I really wouldn't have wanted to have to judge them.

Besides the aerials of David & Lily (and lets not forget that they also danced superbly in-between), there were the (personal opinion) fairly similar styles of Clayton & Janine and Will & Kate (superb dancing, great choreographed sections, and airsteps), the 'smooth' dancing style of Gary and Hayley, with no aerials, and the hip hop style of Tas & Adam.

It's always difficult judging the different styles, and I guess that some personal preferance to a type of style will always come through.

However, I put the top 3 in the same order as the judges, so on this occasion at least, you know they must have been right

Trampy

B.T.C.

Re: Re: Ceroc Champs

Originally posted by TheTramp
    However, I put the top 3 in the same order as the judges, so on this occasion at least, you know they must have been right

Trampy
    Agree with the results as well but maybe Katies ( think it was Katies) idea of 2 tracks with one being an aerial track and one not.

David and Lily performed all the aerials superbly and in time with the music ...... but I missed quite a lot of the others by watching their moves and wondering what they were going to do next.

Maybe limit it to 2 aerials per round ?????

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Ceroc Champs

Originally posted by ji vep

Any views out there?
    It is called the "open" catagory, so anything goes, the judges are prepared for anything, doing aerials doesnt mean you win. Its a good catagory I think, there was only one type of performance, an "open" one .

Thread Information