Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Dance Related Compliments...

I think one of the sincerest ways to compliment someone is to post it the local forum

Re: Dance Related Compliments...

I got a comment at the BFG that made me hunt out this thread again:
    "What are you dancing? It's not Ceroc - I haven't done any of these moves before!"

I was confused because she was following so well - she did say that it was a good thing, but still...

There were a few other nice comments ( thank you ) but this one stuck in my mind.

Nicest compliment

I asked a guy to dance from Wellingborough I don't dance there and it was one of the first in the evening (So he hadn't seen me dance)
    He just looked at me and said
    'Like, Yea!'

Another a guy said "do you know what I really like about dancing with you"
    I said "no" thinking he was about to say the way you come out of my drops into a spin or something we'd danced three times in a row, and he'd really tested me..
    he paused and said
    "I can feel the skin on your legs and its really nice!"

We were at beach boogie and wearing shorts !
    Last edited by DianaS; 4th-October-2004 at 03:04 PM.

Nicest thing I've ever said to a guy is
    "When I dance with you everything else disappears" (to explain why I span into someone twice
    Its true, nothing else existw when we dance and I wish every one else would go away

Just while I'm resurrecting old threads, I want to say a humble thank you for all the compliments from last w/end's BB - it attributed so much to my weekend that I'm still on a high from it.

I was dancing tonight, had two dances in a row with one of my favourite dancers, who was on fantastic form, and really going for it. So, the track ends, and I give (slightly stunned) thanks and walk off to get a drink. One of the taxis rushes over to my former partner, face aglow with excitement, and exclaims to her: "Wow! That was amazing!".

I think I was dancing a couple inches off the ground for the rest of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    One of the taxis rushes over to my former partner, face aglow with excitement, and exclaims to her: "Wow! That was amazing!".

Did you establish what he was referring to?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

[QUOTE=Sheepman]So if you don't feel it, don't say it! I'm hopeless at being specific about any compliments I give. it usually comes down to something like "that was lovely" "wonderful", "brilliant", "fantastic" or, (very rarely) "amazing" but they are always meant.

Don't think i've ever had any of them comments from you. Hope that doesn't mean you don't feel it with me.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Whilst dancing on tuesday at Northampton the man said 'you are so well balanced'. Not sure he didn't mean mentally rather than dance related!! But on second thoughts !!!!!!!

Not quite a compliment, but fun anyway.

I was once taken by surprise by a drop I wasn't expecting and let out a little scream and at the end of the dance, I apologised for the scream and my partner said to me "Oh please don't apologise, what man doesn't like to hear his woman scream"

The Forum Legend

Ah. That's nothing. I managed 6 screams out of Avril from Dundee in one dance a little while back.....

Two times really come to mind.

1) My partner and I were at a small venue and "all that jazz" started to play and we decided to dance to it. Lost in our own little world it wasn't until we were two thirds through the track that we noticed we were the only couple dancing. We said in passing each other things like "what do they know that we don't". It wasn't until the end of the track they started applauding that it turned out they had stopped dancing to watch us.

2) During a break my partner and I separated and I decided to fill up the time with a ballet style spin (both arms above head, right foot at left knee). The balance was so sweet I decided to stay there and go around for a second turn and exited in time to collect my partners hand to push back for the restart after the break. Nina Daines saw this and called me a "flash git" which I thought was a great compliment from a severe "flash gitess".

The most sincere compliment I have ever given was to a lady called Hannah. We had two dances at Camber some time back before she was lost in the crowd again. Nine months later I went to Hammersmith and a lady asked me to dance. Within about 10 seconds of dancing with her I recognised the silky smooth flowing following and asked if her name was Hannah. It was. Despite her being in theme costume for the night and a radically different hairstyle I was able to recognise her from the way she followed alone. I wonder if she realised it was a compliment of the highest order. I do hope so.

Happy Dancing

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chef
    We had two dances at Camber some time back before she was lost in the crowd again. Nine months later I went to Hammersmith and a lady asked me......
    You had me going there for a minute!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    You had me going there for a minute!

So, what's the best compliment to recieve, and what's the most sincere you have given?

For me, to be told you have inspired someone is the best ever. The most sincere I have given (and meant as a compliment)...I don't know... I'm beginning to think that I may seem unappreciative of the ladies, or arrogant in accepting their "thank you"'s with a smile and echoed "thank you" I think I perhaps need to make a conseous effort to vocalise a thanks with a compliment instead of just grinning and saying "Thank you".

Thinking about it some more, the best dances: the times when I should really thank the lady, leave my mind blank and a dreamy grin on my face. The best compliment I have given is non-verbal: just a sigh and a huge grin.
    Last edited by Gadget; 18th-February-2005 at 11:11 PM.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had the loveliest compliment today, though I'm not at all sure it was intended as one and I doubt (unless he reads this ) he'll ever realise how good it made me feel...

"When I dance with you, I can't concentrate at all, my mind goes blank, I'm just doing it! "

I said, that's just perfect then and it's how it's supposed to be!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

"Demanding" ...er, could be a compliment, couldnt it?
    The best one was "solid" the worst "wooden" (a judge - Simon ex Jive Bug) - am I an ENT or a dancer?
    Anyway, what I did was got some advice from a Salsa teacher and did loads of isolation exercises after dancing, now I am a veritable sapling....
    In general I want to know whats wrong not whats right (and when I look at videos of myself theres lots that wrong and not much thats right )
    Theres a dancer at Fleet (female 6 foot plus) who has done a PhD on "who learns most and quickest - the narcissicist or the one whose hard on themselves" (ok, that wasnt EXACTLY its title). If she is on the forum I call upon her to contribute..I did a ballroom drop with her..SOLID or what!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    I was dancing tonight, had two dances in a row with one of my favourite dancers, who was on fantastic form, and really going for it. So, the track ends, and I give (slightly stunned) thanks and walk off to get a drink. One of the taxis rushes over to my former partner, face aglow with excitement, and exclaims to her: "Wow! That was amazing!".

Hi martin..
    Have similar tale to tell:
    my then competition partner and I wangled free entry to a big night club in Brighton on the grounds that we were practising for BLackpool; now Eva is a very sexy and attractive woman (in tight red outfit etc..) and we put on a show for the clubbers; when we split for a break a bunch of young girls came up to her and said "you were fantastic"......ho hum..

Sue and I were complimented by Gus yesterday, which I found extremely flattering , as I admire his dancing

The best compliment to me is someone holding on to me for a second track or coming back and asking me for another dance later

Little Miss Jazz Shoes Jazz_Shoes (Ash)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    The best compliment to me is someone holding on to me for a second track or coming back and asking me for another dance later

Whilst dancing with a new beginner during the class, as I was moving on he told me that i'd make a good taxi driver ...shame I can't drive I could make quite a bit of dosh taking people home after classes

Ash x
    (A taxi driver )

Thread Information