Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dance Related Compliments...

Originally posted by Minnie M
    I was once told that dancing with me (he was a beginner BTW) was like driving a Rolls Royce

I LIKE it!!!!

Heather,
    XX

Originally posted by TheTramp
    A couple of people have told me recently that I may be ready to move up to the "improvers".

But I'm not so sure....

Trampy

Obviously you've improved a lot because you moved up here to DUNDEE (Centre of the dancing universe !!!!!)

Heather,
    X

Its always a compliment to be asked to dance!

If I am dancing with a very good dancer and they give me a compliment I usually take it as them trying be 'encouraging' rather than as a 'compliment'.

Once had been to a different venue and danced with complete strangers, about an hour later walking past one of the guys I had danced with (on the way to the car), he said something nice about my dancing. Not sure if he was trying to be encouraging, or what, but it made me smile!

Commercial Operator
    A couple of people have told me recently that I may be ready to move up to the "improvers".
    Other dancers are soooo kind but sometimes we shouldn't take these compliments too seriously.

I've assessed the Tramp's dancing and it's pretty much unchanged so he must still be 'just a beginner'

I finally make it to Number 1 in Janice's Top 5

To all the chaps in Bristol, Janice told me last night that I was her "Number 1".

Sorry Guys, but now that I've made it to the top spot, I don't intend to relinquish it easily.

Sydney, Australia. A _long_ way from Scotland.

My favourite compliment:

My favourite compliment was from a girl who told me that my dancing was very "centred". It's my favourite because at the time I had no idea what that meant! (I now have some fuzzy idea that it's something do with being well balanced).

Was dancing with my girlfriend Friday night and overheard someone who was sitting and watching describe her as "Ginger Rogers reincarnated" (the person watching was an older gent) (Siobh will hate that I've posted this )

Dancing last night at Peter's aka LL's event (which BTW was great) I asked a beginner who thought he was Trampy rebourne to dance (ie: a great and expressive dancer) - after the dance he said "Thank you sweatheart, you did well" grrrrrrrrrrrrr

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Registered User DangerousCurves's Avatar
    - after the dance he said "Thank you sweatheart, you did well" grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Never mind Miss Mousie!

I had a similar moment at Camber when a gentleman told me my dancing had improved.... I felt quite complimented ....till he added "in the last couple of weeks". Sadly I knew my dancing had not undergone any radical regeneration in that time, so was at a loss. Then I remembered I had danced with him at Hipsters about a fortnight earlier. I had arrived after the advanced class, but he decided to lead me through it - leading to mutual woe and incomprehension. Now we were freestyling his usual moves and I could follow him, so the only possible explanation was that my skills had improved...

Ah, Minnie, the male ego can be a fragile and delicate blossom

The Dashing Moderator
    Originally posted by Gadget
    But the best compliment is when I get asked to dance.
    I thought until I saw this...
    Originally posted by bigdjiver on another thread
    Sometines, at an unfamiliar venue, I will ask the most miserable looking lady there to dance
    ...do women do this too?
    Love dance, will travel

"Thank you sweatheart, you did well"
    About 6 months ago Mike Ellard visited Kempston, he was discretely standing at the back of the room. A woman who knew who he was directed a friend of mine (who didn't) to ask him for a dance. At the end of the dance she said something similar to the above. Boy did we laugh....

My best compliment is when man rushes over saying, 'This is my favourite song, please will you dance with me'. Although sometimes they rush past me to someone else...that's life

"Thank you sweatheart, you did well"
    This happened to me very recently at a class. I asked a beginner to dance who then decided to practise the evenings intermediate lesson.....over and over........that was all fine, here's me thinking i'm helping him out a wee bit. But there was one bit he just couldn't get. After several attempts (and my firm lead clearly not working) the track ended and he promptly thanked me for the dance and pointed me in the direction of the taxi dancer......"if you ask him he'll help you with the move"

As for compliments........erm.....can't think of any to be honest. Just the usual "that was a lovely dance" etc.
    Me and James tend to get most of our compliments as a couple. The best one had to be......."that was the best display of intermediate dancing i've ever seen". I was in the clouds for days

Oh yeah, and someone did threaten to "batter" the judges if we didn't win in Blackpool. That was nice

filthycute x x

Commercial Operator
    An amusing one from several months ago. A friend who is a great dancer and Jive Masters finalists competitor, was asked to dance by a teacher, also a Jive Masters competitor at the same event. He didn't know who she was. At the end of the dance, with a look of surprise on his face, he said "You're not a bad dancer are you?"

One of my nicest compliments came from that same friend recently, we hadn't danced for nearly a couple of months, she said to me "I was dancing with xxxx, and I was thinking, "I really miss dancing with Greg"" (xxxx is a good dancer I hasten to add!)

The one that made me nearly start this thread, but I couldn't because it was too narcissistic, was a few weeks ago. We'd danced to a funky track on the Saturday night, when I was far from my best, then on the following Tuesday, a friend said to me "When I dance with you, I can hear the music the way you do."
    I took it as a matter of fact at the time, but on reflection, I think it was one of the nicest compliments anyone has made
    (Of course looked at another way, it could also be an insult!)

Greg

[B
    But the best compliment is when I get asked to dance.
    } [/B]
    Here here!!

I have to agree with Gadget I feel like a million dollars everytime I get asked to dance

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by under par
    Here here!!

I have to agree with Gadget I feel like a million dollars everytime I get asked to dance
    Where, where??

I'll make sure I ask you in Southport then!!

Trampy

Where, where??

I'll make sure I ask you in Southport then!!

Trampy
    There there !!

( Noted !!) )

I didn't know you cared

I'm gonna feel like a lottery winner at Southport!

But will it be a £1 scratchcard??

But the best compliment is when I get asked to dance. Second is when a lady takes my offered hand. Everything else is just a little bit of sugar sprinkled on top.

The best compliment is when your partner carries on dancing
    after the first dance, you must be doing something right.

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by jezza
    The best compliment is when your partner carries on dancing after the first dance
    and when it's 12 in a row, then it feels like a serious compliment! Especially when you only have enough moves to fill 3 dances!

Greg

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Got a good compliment once. Was dancing next to an excellent dancer but it was a particularly good song and i had a great partner. After it was over a girl ran up to ask me to dance and said "your brilliant" looking round I said "but he's better" she replied '"thats a matter of opinion". cool

Originally posted by Sheepman
    and when it's 12 in a row, then it feels like a serious compliment! Especially when you only have enough moves to fill 3 dances!

Greg
    Yep I think I have paid you that compliment .There was absolutely no shortage of moves. Anyway I like repetition 'cos then I get to have another go. Enjoy Torquay, don't forget the duracells.
    Alison

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by Zebra Woman
    then I get to have another go.
    most of the time I have to keep on trying until I can get it right! Luckily I hardly ever do (get it right, that is)!

Greg

Thread Information