Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dance Related Compliments...

Dance Related Compliments...

Originally posted by Sheepman
    I considered starting a thread on compliments, the best thing you've been told, or told someone else (about your dancing.) Then I thought, "no, I can't do that, too egotistical, self flagellation, and all that."
    I can't remember if we've actually discussed this before or whether I've just thought about it... Anyhow, I thought I'd start it for you Sheepy.

The most bizarre comment I've received from a man who will remain nameless was that dancing with me was like "a well oiled machine".

I kinda see where he's coming from - but I'd rather not be described as a well oiled machine!!!

Anyone overheard any bizarre or interesting comments about your own dancing or someone else's (without naming the sender or the recipient)?

Do share!

J

P.S. play nicely - no bad/nasty comments please! (and no luvvies either please...) ta

The best compliment I have had was from a spectator (or may be fellow competitor ?) at the LeJive '97 competition when I won the dance with a stranger:

I can't believe that you two have never danced together before - you look so natural.

The Perfect Woman!
    I was once told by someone that I was a very intuitive dancer, and that I seemed to know what he was going to do before he even did it (or knew that he was going to do it) ...
    As this chap is a fantasic dancer, has his own personal style, is a teacher, successful competitor etc I was extremely flattered...

Only on reflection did it occur to me that perhaps he meant I back led !

or perhaps it is that I possess that skill, solely reserved for women, which is to lead so subtlely that the man thinks that he is the one in control.....

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Foxylady:
    or perhaps it is that I possess that skill, solely reserved for women, which is to lead so subtlely that the man thinks that he is the one in control.....
    Foxy, do you give private lessons?? You'd make a fortune

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Dance Related Compliments...

Originally posted by Jayne
    - but I'd rather not be described as a well oiled
    Jayne.... well oiled...Im away to lie down

"Dancing with you is like dancing with a funfair"

"Will you dance with me"

I was asked after dancing with a particulary attractive lady

"would I marry her ?"

I enquired why and she said her husband was a poor dancer

bizzare...well I have been given the following comments: "you're easy to dance with", "you must be busy tonight", "thank you for dancing with me", "someone who knows what they are doing", "I like your style", "someone with style", "you know you're good", "show-off", ... erm... I think they start to go even more down-hill from there.

But the best compliment is when I get asked to dance. Second is when a lady takes my offered hand. Everything else is just a little bit of sugar sprinkled on top.

{Of course, there are also the little squeaks and 'woo's that make me grin even more...}

Best one I had was from a guy who's friend, considered a very good dancer, who I had just danced with, had told him to dance with me cos he said it didn't matter what move he did, I always followed as if I knew which move was coming next. Needless to say, I danced about a foot off the ground the rest of the night (and the poor guy who told me this probably wished he hadn't asked a levitator to dance )

Commercial Operator
    Well thank you Jayne for starting this one, I did get some justification today for starting it without narcissism, because I was told a comment that a friend made about another dancer, "Her legs, . . . the way she moves, . . . like those French horses, what are they called? Lippizaner"
    Yes this was meant as a compliment from somebody who was just in awe! (And I know they're Spanish horses).

Now I wonder if the (forumite) person in question can be recognised from this, or recognise herself? What makes it more complimentary in my mind, is that this comment was repeated a couple of months after seeing this person dance, so it had to be considered, not just an emotional response.

Greg

PS Why no luvvies, aren't we all?

I was once told that dancing with me (he was a beginner BTW) was like driving a Rolls Royce

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Re: Dance Related Compliments...

Originally posted by Jayne

Anyone overheard any bizarre or interesting comments about your own dancing or someone else's (without naming the sender or the recipient)?
    I had a lovely comment from avery (very) attractive man, he said I ws a joy to dance with.
    He said the same thing in an equally sincere manner to my friend./
    And to my other friend.
    Hmmph!
    Fruitcake

Originally posted by Minnie M
    I was once told that dancing with me (he was a beginner BTW) was like driving a Rolls Royce
    been around for years and well oiled
    sorry minnie

My best compliment was after a blues room set at Rebel Yell I was told by one of the ladies 'God put you on this earth to play music for me to dance to'

Not sure if i should have taken this as a compliment or not. A man i didnt know came up to me at the end of a dance evening and said "my wife and I have been watching you" (i was expecting him them to maybe comment on my dancing or something i was wearing) but, oh no! they wanted a threesome with me (and he wasnt meaning double trouble either). I laughed but, he said "dont give me an answer now, have a little think about it.

And no i didnt take up the offer!

Originally posted by stewart38
    I was asked after dancing with a particulary attractive lady

"would I marry her ?"

I occasionally have a business trip which allows me dance at the fabulous Marcus Garvey (so many amazing men). On my first visit, I had a lovely dance with one man and at the end he said just 2 words......."Marry me!"

I was exceptionally flattered and was still grinning madly several days later. Sadly, I've been back and have not had any sort of proposal (decent or indecent).

Mortifyingly, I wouldn't know him from Adam if I danced with him again but like to think that he doesn't say that to every strange woman...

Daisy

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Daisy Chain
    Mortifyingly, I wouldn't know him from Adam if I danced with him again but like to think that he doesn't say that to every strange woman...
    He looks like Adam ? maybe he WAS Adam ? Oooh not a very subtle way to start a rumour is it...tsh

Commercial Operator
    On Thursday night at MoJive in Horndean (near Portsmouth) I had 3 women and a guy tell me that I was the best woman there

Sometimes people are just too kind

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was recently told (by a lovely young man) that dancing with me, was like playing with a playstation lot's of fun but he'd need hours of practice to master me!

Was that a compliment??
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

The Forum Legend
    A couple of people have told me recently that I may be ready to move up to the "improvers".

But I'm not so sure....

Trampy

Thread Information