Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle of the DJs

Originally posted by Dave Hancock
    I don't think you'll have too much to worry about somehow, but thank you for the kind words
    It has happened before. Have they all gone off you?

The Original Scooby Dave Hancock's Avatar
    Not been aware of this, but was hardly asked at Camber so yes they must be going off me, just as this has gone off topic, apologies Gus and hope you introduce yourself at the weekend DC as not awfully sure who you are!

Not long to Go

Well .... the DJs are in the final stages of preparation ( ) and all I've got to work out is how the heck I'm going to get two sets of kit working without any interference .... no worries

Must admit to being a bit nervous. We are constantly trying to be innovative ... but there is still a risk that at the end of the day the dancers don’t like the event. Having said that, with the two DJs ready to take part the event should be a roaring success and lay the foundation for Head to Head contests at venues through the rest of the UK. If dancers are interested they should start mentioning the idea to their local franchisees and suggest DJs they would like to see slugging it out. How about CJ v Curtain ... a no holds 10 round fight to the death. Want to place your bets ... HEY ... thats an idea of making extra money

Blog Entries

Re: Not long to Go

Originally posted by Gus
    . How about CJ v Curtain ... a no holds 10 round fight to the death. Want to place your bets ... HEY ... thats an idea of making extra money
    there'd have to be a written rule about the use of light sabres I think.

Re: Re: Not long to Go

Originally posted by Chicklet
    there'd have to be a written rule about the use of light sabres I think.
    what, like "only one dis-memberment per round" or something?

...Curtain; I am your father...

Re: Re: Re: Not long to Go

Surely the only rule you need when DJs fight it out is: no scratching!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    GOOD LUCK DD - The Scottish Contingent down in London for the Champs will all be thinking about you tomorrow night

Sure you'll play a fab set - have a great party
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Commercial Operator
    Cheers Sheena. looking forward to it, and I'm sure I'll have a great time whatever the result. maybe see you at the Invercarse on Monday Night, where I'll be deputising for Craig.........& good luck to y'all in London.....

Blog Entries
    Well back from the sunny south and have to report had a great time! The night went with a great swing (possibly more of a SWING than they are used to ) in spite of a technical hitch or two at the start, (you really need to hire a 14 year old boy to be doing the stuff with the wires Gus! )

Good to see DavidY up avisitin, we were first on the empty floor no shyness among forum members!! Alfie and his (much more attractive ) better half were there in style too and didn't we look like a chocolate box stood together!!!

Both DJs rose to the challenge and played some really great stuff with JohnSouth just pipping JohnNorth at the post, but even to other, unbiased, eyes there wasn't a lot in it!

Just one thing to point out Gus- you really shouldn't be FORCING your visitors into doing cartwheels in the middle of the dance floor, especially the ones in frocks and beehives!!!!!!

Anyone who hasn't been to a Northwich night really should give it a go if they get a chance! Really is a great venue and the crowd were friendly. The bloke that runs it is alright too but just don't expect him to stand still for more than 20 seconds!

C

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chicklet
    [B]

Alfie and his (much more attractive ) better half were there in style too and didn't we look like a chocolate box stood together!!!

A bit square but both with soft centers????? or would you be refering to my stunning last minute choice of bright red trousers to complement that gorgeous frock you had on. We were the best dressed people in the room

Both DJs rose to the challenge and played some really great stuff with JohnSouth just pipping JohnNorth at the post, but even to other, unbiased, eyes there wasn't a lot in it!

My vote went to Mr Demon I am deffinately going to try and get up to one of his gigs later in the year.

thankyou for the dances Chickie see you at Southport

The Dashing Moderator
    Originally posted by Chicklet
    Good to see DavidY up avisitin, we were first on the empty floor no shyness among forum members!!

There was:
    (a) music
    (b) someone to dance with (wearing a lovely red dress that swooshed round very stylishly on the spins)
    (c) space to dance
    so why waste good dancing time with shyness?

A most enjoyable night (can't get to the next Northwich though ).
    Love dance, will travel

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by Alfie
    [B

My vote went to Mr Demon I am deffinately going to try and get up to one of his gigs later in the year.

[/B]
    Yay Alfie...I'll look forward to seeing you. We had a fab time, and what a great venue. I played a Route 66 set(under pressure from Chickie ). Had hoped to get another spell to play some more MJ type stuff, but there was no time coz it all ended at midnight. When is England going to drag it'd licensing laws into the 21st century?.......
    Well done to big john for a cracking set. I found it hard to select just`10 tracks, and kept changing my mind all the time.....but it was great fun Thanks for inviting me down to take part Gus. I'm sure Mrs d & me will be back down sometime.
    Oh...and Chickie.......our very own Ronnette.....you looked FAB ......and that cartwheel.........

Originally posted by Dance Demon
    and Chickie.......and that cartwheel.........
    AND I MISSED IT

That tradgedy aside .... what a wonderfull night (including even the minor technical hitches earlier on). Two cracking DJs entertained well over 200 eager dancers ..... great contest and has proven that this Battle of the DJs event is a great crowd pleaser. A huge thanks to both Johns for making it a superb night .... sets a high standard for young Lounge Lizard to meet when he plays at our June gig

Re: Battle of the DJs

june - have i missed something, like taking part? help, not fair!!

xx

Re: Battle of the DJs

Quote Originally Posted by djsaz
    june - have i missed something, like taking part? help, not fair!!

xx
    Well ...we're going to give it another go at our September event and if that goes as well as the last one then we'll start pushing it again. I still think the best idea is for local organisations to run thier own events ... think Jive+ were interested but no-one yet has actually done something about it.

errr.. in the back of my car with my microphone..anyone else want teacher cover...just call (everyone else has...!!!)

Talking Re: Battle of the DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Well ...we're going to give it another go at our September event and if that goes as well as the last one then we'll start pushing it again. I still think the best idea is for local organisations to run thier own events ... think Jive+ were interested but no-one yet has actually done something about it.

Have a word with Adam, Gus...I'm sure he would be willing to host a battle of the DJs at one of the Friday night bashes down here .... just as long as DJ Bunnie gets an entry...

Oooops....I meant invite....

(no..not now dear - in a minute I'm on the forum......)
    Gordy
    ~ It's a Dance Thing ~

'Τα δόντια μου είναι μου δικοί - οι γόμμες δεν είναι'

www.vatsim-uk.org

Thread Information