Thread: Pointless prizes

Commercial Operator

Pointless prizes

I'm sure there are very few of us that enter competitions with the prizes in mind. There again there is now plenty of competition amongst competitions, so it is inevitable the prizes will get more attractive so as to attract the very best.

The idea that I heard yesterday (not mine) was that all competitors that get placed should receive a copy of the competition video/DVD, hardly a great expense to the organisers, but I'm sure this would be much appreciated by any competitors. Maybe this should be extended so that all finalists should get a copy. For the Jive Masters, all competitors received the video.

In my view (I'm sure I've said this before?) I think the most pointless prize is to offer holidays for 2. How many competition partnerships are partners that could (or would want to!) go on holiday together? I don't know what the take up rate for these prizes is, but I reckon it could be a very cheap way out for the organiser.

Greg

The Forum Legend

Re: Pointless prizes

Originally posted by Sheepman
    a very cheap way out for the organiser.
    Very cheap. Since I believe that they are sponsored prizes. So the organiser doesn't even have to pay for them!!

Trampy

Commercial Operator

Re: Pointless prizes

Originally posted by Sheepman
    In my view (I'm sure I've said this before?) I think the most pointless prize is to offer holidays for 2. How many competition partnerships are partners that could (or would want to!) go on holiday together? I don't know what the take up rate for these prizes is, but I reckon it could be a very cheap way out for the organiser.

Greg
    This prize is especially silly for Double Trouble. Even more so if your partners are The Tramp and RobC

B.T.C.

Re: Re: Pointless prizes

Originally posted by Andy McGregor
    This prize is especially silly for Double Trouble. Even more so if your partners are The Tramp and RobC
    Ohhh............. not sure I agree. Quite fancy a free holiday with Denise and Fran .........Denise is so mad it would have to be a fun week, wherever it was

But on the whole agree with the comments about holiday as a prize - unless it's a holiday for 2 for each competitor

Although money is good................ it's easily spent so any kind of medal is great and certianly means more to me than the money. And a free copy of the event is a great idea.

Re: Re: Pointless prizes

Originally posted by Andy McGregor
    What ? You wouldn't want to go on holiday with Trampy and myself ?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Re: Re: Pointless prizes

Originally posted by RobC
    What ? You wouldn't want to go on holiday with Trampy and myself ?
    Dress you both up in suits and it would look like his own personal bodyguard

Thread Information