View Poll Results: Should Hipsters be blacklisted?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 6.98%
  • No

4 9.30%
  • Maybe

1 2.33%
  • Yes, with all its dancers

7 16.28%
  • Don't be so bloody stupid

14 32.56%
  • I never wear them, they are just too unfashionable

14 32.56%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swearing

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Dance Demon

even if it was just to get knocked back by a hotshot...
    The experience will do u good!

I can say quite truthfully, I've learnt how to handle rejection quite well now!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Jive Brummie
    Unfortunately ChrisA and Jayne you've fallen for the trap of arguing with someone who's said something without thinking and now they're firmly in the dung trying to dig themselves out...................great to watch though

Hipsters?? I prefer hotpants, but hipsters have their good points too. Keep up the bickering...it's healthy!!!

p.s. if you like your soaps, Hollyoaks is a good alternative.....'will Izzy leave Ben or not, will Max and Mandy cope with the death of their mom and dad?'......ooooooo, edge of my seat
    I don't think that he said something without thinking. I think that he knew exactly what he was doing - trying to wind people up - and I think that it's unfortunate that he's managed to succeed so easily For the record, no-one up here really cares that much one way or another about Hipsters, and if you want to write about it, go ahead. But we will take the p1ss out of you about it. And you'll react. Which is funny

Hotpants are definitely preferable to Hipsters. Especially the pair that Sheena was wearing last weekend in the airsteps with me

James. I didn't know you watched soaps. You've just gone a long, long way down in my estimation my friend!!

Trampy

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Dance Demon

Would love to get to hipsters sometime..........even if it was just to get knocked back by a hotshot...
    John....

If you really want to experience this, just ask me for a dance next Friday, and I'll turn you down.

Why go to London for something that you can experience just as well up here!!

Trampy

Originally posted by TheTramp

James. I didn't know you watched soaps. You've just gone a long, long way down in my estimation my friend!!

Trampy
    .........erm.........erm..........I only watch them because Melanie makes me......and she's not a woman to cross!!!

James.........

Commercial Operator
    John....

If you really want to experience this, just ask me for a dance next Friday, and I'll turn you down.

Trampy
    What !!! ...even if I play "All That Jazz"....

Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
    (can't find an "e acute" character.)
    Hold down the [Alt] key and then type "0233" on the Numeric keypad at the right hand side of the board.

é - see?

Originally posted by Gadget
    AAAAAAAAAARG!!!

Take it you're not a fan, then.

For the record, no-one up here really cares that much one way or another about Hipsters, and if you want to write about it, go ahead. But we will take the p1ss out of you about it. And you'll react. Which is funny

I so wanted an excuse to use this smiley I found...

Chris
    PS Go on, Franck, add it to the set, I dare ya

Originally posted by jivecat
    Take it you're not a fan, then.
    Let's just say that I would rather wash out half empty bottles of turned milk that have been sitting for a few days than suffer a soap.
    There is (more than) enough real-life drama and "soap plot" type things going on in my life that I don't need to watch anyone else's.

The Perfect Woman!
    Personally I find Hipsters really flattering - especially the boot leg cut ones... Shame they weren't around when I was a girl, me "shakin' my ass" in them isn't half as satisfying as it could have been....

Have I missed the point ?

Originally posted by Gadget
    Let's just say that I would rather wash out half empty bottles of turned milk that have been sitting for a few days than suffer a soap.
    This reminds me of a time at work. I collect used foil for the Swan Rescue charity and somebody had left some milk bottles in a sealed pot under my desk. I had no idea they were there. This smell kept on coming up, like rotten eggs and I thought it was the girl sitting next to me I didn't have the courage to say anything to her, so this went on for about a week. Eventually the smell got so bad that I pinpointed where it was coming from Turns out she'd been thinking it was me When we opened that pot, it was so bad I thought the paper might peel off the walls

In light of that, I don't think you would rather wash out the half empty bottles

Originally posted by Pammy
    In light of that, I don't think you would rather wash out the half empty bottles
    ...really? half empty bottles of baby's milk that have been sitting on the window cill for a couple of days that you can see has seperated, congealed and you just know is going to smell r e a l l y bad.
    It's that suction hiss when you have to open them, then the smell that makes you swallow back bile. ugh.

Perhaps you get how much I dislike soaps?

Firstly, I would rather wash out half empty congealed bottles of baby milk, than suffer a soap. But I have to say, if that is the worst you could cope with then don;t be a nurse.
    Warning---don't read further if you have a sensitive stomach.
    As a nurse, I have had many rather revolting jobs to do involving bodily functions/fluids,, but the worst job I can actually remember is...
    One of my patients had projectile vomiting, that flew halfway across the room in to the back of the dialysis machine, I spent about an hour , with a toothbrush, trying to get it cleaned out, it stank, it was slippery and slimy!!!
    I would still prefer to do that than watch a soap!!!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is not a good thread to read after lunch!

I don't watch any soaps but I confess I'd gladly suffer 1/2 hour of mind numbing C**p (or should I say H**sters) than do any of the above!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Better to read it after lunch than before lunch eh Lory petal, Personally, I have just been out for lunch, and just had ginger, chocolate and orange chhesecake, with cafe latte, fit rare!( as they say in Aberdeen)
    Fruity

Originally posted by fruitcake
    Firstly, I would rather wash out half empty congealed bottles of baby milk, than suffer a soap. But I have to say, if that is the worst you could cope with then don;t be a nurse.
    Warning---don't read further if you have a sensitive stomach.
    As a nurse, I have had many rather revolting jobs to do involving bodily functions/fluids,, but the worst job I can actually remember is...
    One of my patients had projectile vomiting, that flew halfway across the room in to the back of the dialysis machine, I spent about an hour , with a toothbrush, trying to get it cleaned out, it stank, it was slippery and slimy!!!
    I would still prefer to do that than watch a soap!!!
    OH NO ! ! !
    WHY oh WHY did I not heed the warning, and NOT read on, just when I was about to put the dinner on.
    I don't feel so hungry now

How far is Hipsters from the Staffordshire area?? Particularly Lichfield?? I only ask because me and the wife are coming south in May after Southport and we wouldn't mind coming along to 'live-the-dream'. Last time home we went to Milton Keynes to see Marc and Rachel.....is it much further away??? And is it daft to contemplate driving there and back in an evening???

Please help all you 'Ster type people...

Ta very much....

James......

Blog Entries
    Hi James!
    I'm sorry I missed my chance to grab you for a dance at Blackpool. I had a wee chat to Mel, though and it was great to meet her at last.
    I'd say Hipsters is a pretty long drive from Staffs if you aren't staying over. But it would be sooo lovely to see you both in Ealing.

Claire

Originally posted by Divissima
    Hi James!
    I'm sorry I missed my chance to grab you for a dance at Blackpool.
    Claire
    I know. I did see you but you were always boppin' away so didn't manage to grab you. And after the presentation we kind of......legged it!!!!

Will do our best to get down south though and see you all.......

Cheers Div'

James........x

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Originally posted by Divissima
    Mel
    ooooh! Brave girl!!!

She only allowed us to call her Mel for one day, and that's because she was hyper!!!!!
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Thread Information