Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: A dance is just a dance...

Originally posted by John S
    Poor Sandy - you'll have to make do with me instead this weekend. Try not to be too disappointed.
    I think I can make do with you John! Always a pleasure and looking forward to it
    But anyway, the Marco's party is the weekend after (28th). Yes, it is in Edinburgh - I won't be there, but if Gus is then I'm sure he'll do his best to make your journey worthwhile!
    Lost out to a dance with Gus AGAIN! In London that weekend

Have never been to either Glasgow or Edinburgh parties or classes - but going to change that real soon (if I make enough brownie points between then and now!)

See you soon

Sandy

PS might be a bit knackered after the Saturday workshop but a few drinks and I should be fine!

Thought I had mastered the quote thing but seem to have got it back to front story of my life!

Cheers

Sandy

Originally posted by Sandy
    PS might be a bit knackered after the Saturday workshop but a few drinks and I should be fine!
    Either that or you won't notice! See you on the dance floor (or in the bar?)
    Originally posted by Sandy
    Thought I had mastered the quote thing but seem to have got it back to front story of my life!
    Looked ok to me - don't put yourself down, girl!

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Rachel
    IMO, dancing can be fantastic because anyone with enough ability can look absolutely beautiful/stunning/sexy, no matter - virtually - what their age, size, clothes, or whether or not they may be considered 'conventionally' physically attractive.
    I completely agree with you on that one, sexy-ness (though I would rather call it a vibe or connection) is nothing to do with appearance etc... All the factors you described contribute but for all we know it could be an olfactive reaction
    I tend to get one or 2 connected dances at most Ceroc nights and it is always great!
    Originally posted by Rachel
    As for Gus' question about how a man would know his dance partner was interested ... well, I think I would have to go the boring/conventional route - I'd prefer nothing to be read into the way I'm dancing but, if I was interested, I think I'd just offer to buy them a drink at the bar and see if I could engage them in conversation.
    I am with you on that one as well, read less rather than too much... I am sure most women (and men) are perfectly capable of making it clear if they want things to go further...

Franck.

Originally posted by Franck
    I am sure most women (and men) are perfectly capable of making it clear if they want things to go further...
    Beg to differ (been reading too much Cosmo) ... a recent girlfirend's "making it clear" was to offer to slap me across the face if I tried anything funny (I'd only enquired if the knot holding her top on was secure)..... that was supposed to be a come on After such an 'obvious' signal I'm still amazed we ended up dating (eventualy)!

As has been commented on before, the female "No" can mean "No", "Maybe" or "What the hell are you waiting for???" Face it, we're not really supposed to stand a chance are we.

Originally posted by Franck
    I am with you on that one as well, read less rather than too much... I am sure most women (and men) are perfectly capable of making it clear if they want things to go further...
    I'm with Franck on this (and by the way great post from Rachel, as others have already commented).
    Originally posted by Gus
    Beg to differ (been reading too much Cosmo) ... a recent girlfirend's "making it clear" was to offer to slap me across the face if I tried anything funny (I'd only enquired if the knot holding her top on was secure)..... that was supposed to be a come on After such an 'obvious' signal I'm still amazed we ended up dating (eventualy)!

As has been commented on before, the female "No" can mean "No", "Maybe" or "What the hell are you waiting for???" Face it, we're not really supposed to stand a chance are we.
    A come-on for masochists, presumably? Whilst I can understand that such an exchange could happen in a flirty way (come on, what were you asking about the knot for??) I'm sticking to the position that most people are capable of being a little more open about whether they are "interested", and it's always safer to assume less rather than more. Of course, if you're interested there's nothing to stop you making the first move. If you're not, then I don't see there's any real harm in ignoring any obscure "signals".

A dance IS just a Dance

Ok ... had a lot of fun in this thread ... but when it comes down to it, like most people, I go to Ceroc just to dance ... and so a dance REALLY is just a dance. The flirtation and fun that surrounds the night is great but the 'taking it further' questions should stay off the dance floor ... there is enough emotion, insecurity, imagintaion about without every intense dance being interpreted as anything more ... and thankfully that tends to be the rule.

For the rest of it ... Ceroc is just like any other social club .. liaisions form, couples break up, rumour abounds etc ... all part of the social tapestry of modern life ... as long as it doesn't detract from the dancing long may it continue ....

Re: A dance IS just a Dance

Originally posted by Gus

For the rest of it ... Ceroc is just like any other social club .. liaisions form, couples break up, rumour abounds etc ... all part of the social tapestry of modern life ... as long as it doesn't detract from the dancing long may it continue ....
    You summed it up brilliantly Gus

Cheers

Sandy

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Recommended!

I dragged this old thread up and I've really enjoyed reading it right from the beggining! I've laughed out loud many times!

p.s. I didn't know about the hand squeezing thing! God knows what people must think of me, cos I'm a hand squeezing, top of arm squeezing, pat on back and occasional full blown hugger!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Re: A dance is just a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    the Penguin Walk (one of the dumber ceroc moves)
    The name is a bit lame... but what's wrong with the move?

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    Quite agree Martin
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    Because most dancers end up looking like starched penguins! A better, yet similar, move is the traveling three beat basic (or something like that) or the Blues first move ... lot more style.

B.T.C.

Re: Recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    God knows what people must think of me, cos I'm a hand squeezing, top of arm squeezing, pat on back and occasional full blown hugger!

and don't you go changing ..... you can give me a full blown hug anytime

{oops - I read that "don't you go charging" }

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Veela
    Now that would be an interesting subject....but not very related to Ceroc....what does make a woman sexy??????? Us women ALL want to know (we do want to know don't we girls??? Filthy Cute back me up here??????)
    I really do not know!!

Being coldly, scientifically logical, there seems, from my observations, to be some shared 'ingredients'.

Being fun ... and light ... and flirty (to a degree)
    Being confident, with real clarity (no vagueness or (false) arrogance)
    Something in the eyes - sparkle - gives away a full spirited persona
    Genuine authenticity- not bothering too much about what others think, not being afraid to express.
    Softness and consideration.

That's my list!!

Although I'll always find it attractive, doesn't mean that I'll necessarily fancy them. However, if available, and similar in beliefs values and dreams .... then I'd fancy them stoopid!!

Ian

Commercial Operator

and occasional full blown hugger!
    I can't imagine anyone objecting to that with you Lory! Why have you been hiding away from me lately?

Greg

Being coldly, scientifically logical, ...
    ... it's your volume divided by the square of the distance between your chin and your feet. There's an optimum value which the scientists involved are keeping under wraps (and who says romance is dead).

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

I dragged this old thread up and I've really enjoyed reading it right from the beggining! I've laughed out loud many times!

p.s. I didn't know about the hand squeezing thing! God knows what people must think of me, cos I'm a hand squeezing, top of arm squeezing, pat on back and occasional full blown hugger!

not dancing tonight due to having the cold but have had a good laugh reading this thread - so feeling a wee bit better

confession time - I hand squeeze, arm hold, arm squeeze, do hugging, pat on the back and have even squeezed both hands !!! - worse than that.... I smile at folk !!! eek !!!!!!!!!!

is it an affliction ?????????????

as for sexy ... to steal a quote - "the eyes are the windows of the soul " and if guy smell nice thats a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by sassy1
    not dancing tonight due to having the cold but have had a good laugh reading this thread - so feeling a wee bit better

confession time - I hand squeeze, arm hold, arm squeeze, do hugging, pat on the back and have even squeezed both hands !!! - worse than that.... I smile at folk !!! eek !!!!!!!!!!

is it an affliction ?????????????

as for sexy ... to steal a quote - "the eyes are the windows of the soul " and if guy smell nice thats a bonus
    forgot to add - a nice bahooky is quite sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Agree entirely with both Rachel and Gus....haven't worked out how to get the quotes in............ but I think similar commenst were made on another thread about dancing with someone you 'connect' with.

And as Rachel says it doesn't have to be the most fantastic looking person or someone youreally 'fancy' but there's that little something extra which can almost blow you away.

There are several women, including Gus's partner who can make a man feel like he's a fantastic dancer because she's so good. Although this usually happens with dancers you know well there are ocassions when I start dancing with a woman I haven't danced with before and there's an instant 'spark' and you know that this is going to be really good. Difficult to explain it but you can then tell which moves are possible and how 'sexy'/'sleazy' you can be.
    I also agree with all this. I remember dancing at a Tea Dance with a guy I'd never met (and probably haven't seen since). When he asked me to dance I thought, "oh, he's a funny looking bloke, but I'll give it a go", but I walked off that dancefloor thinking "wow!" - don't know quite what he did to me, but it was VERY sexy!!!!

And Rachel - whatever that "it" is, watching the two of you dance, you've got it in bucketloads with Marc"

Thread Information