Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: A dance is just a dance...

Originally posted by Gus
    BRINGING THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK......
    Coward!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

[i]

Is that not the case with most women? You may not want to seduce the dance partner but just a little 'attraction?' makes the dance come alive? [/B]
    Absolutely Gus and looking forward to that sexy dance with you

Originally posted by Dancing Veela

Absolutely Gus and looking forward to that sexy dance with you
    WHAT ... you call me a wrinkly (OK ... I'm paraphrasing) and you think thats how you're going to get a dance with me? Forget it pal ... you've blown it .... I'm sulking

Originally posted by Gus

WHAT ... you call me a wrinkly (OK ... I'm paraphrasing) and you think thats how you're going to get a dance with me? Forget it pal ... you've blown it .... I'm sulking
    Excuse me - I only asked a question on your age - I did NOT comment on it !!!!!!!!!

Would you like me to wipe those tears for you????? Or else tell me what I can do to persuade you to dance with me - I promise it'll be REALLY good

I agree with Gus in that I think there needs to be a connection between you and your partner on the dance floor. Then no matter what move the two of you do, to the observe you will look fantastic.

Yes the sexy moves are fun when done with a partner who you have that connection with but I think they should be done sparingly and probably only when you feel that you are having an extra special dance, otherwise they will just become part of your normal collection of moves.

Originally posted by Jon
    Yes the sexy moves are fun when done with a partner who you have that connection with but I think they should be done sparingly and probably only when you feel that you are having an extra special dance, otherwise they will just become part of your normal collection of moves.
    Good point well made .... even Bill, with his blue/green eyes, sexy blues moves and spandex trousers would have a hard job of making 'Loveshack' sexy ...... the moves have to be approprate to the music.

Wnen a Dance is MORE than just a Dance

Originally posted by Rachel

Sexiness is far far more than 'a look'. I.e. you can lust over someone because of their physical appearance, but they can only really be sexy if they do certain things, and if certain things click with you - I mean, if they smile in the way that says, 'I'm enjoying being with you', if they look at you as if they're seeing right into your soul and, furthermore, you don't mind them being there, if they hold you and guide you into moves as if you're no longer 2 separate beings but just an extension of one another, like there's some intangible link as if you're the only two people left in the world and this is the only moment that counts ... like you're not really dancing, just moving your bodies perfectly in sync with one another to a rhythm that only the two of you are aware of. And the rest of the world disappears. Or something like that ... That's what I call sexy!

Rachel
    Wow Rachel, that was brilliant - worth quoting in full just so people read it all again! Eat your heart out, Mills & Boon.

OK, so not many dances are likely to reach that peak and it's not the main purpose of going to a Ceroc class, but when it happens it is certainly memorable and makes the night!

Commercial Operator
    BTW, FC

What exactly is a Momen?

Answers on a post card to........

Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
    BTW, FC

What exactly is a Momen?

Answers on a post card to........

Well Robert, i'm really not sure. After all, it was you that said it.
    A cross between a man and a woman?? oo-er! i've seen a few of those around

filthycute MAd. x x

B.T.C.
    Agree entirely with both Rachel and Gus....haven't worked out how to get the quotes in............ but I think similar commenst were made on another thread about dancing with someone you 'connect' with.

I've seen Gus and his partner dance and they're terrific ( £20 please Gus!) and as good as a dance can be with most folk when you dance with a partner where there is some form of bond/intimacy/frisson etc... (or whatever you might like to call it) it can be superb :sorry

And as Rachel says it doesn't have to be the most fantastic looking person or someone youreally 'fancy' but there's that little something extra which can almost blow you away.

There are several women, including Gus's partner who can make a man feel like he's a fantastic dancer because she's so good. Although this usually happens with dancers you know well there are ocassions when I start dancing with a woman I haven't danced with before and there's an instant 'spark' and you know that this is going to be really good. Difficult to explain it but you can then tell which moves are possible and how 'sexy'/'sleazy' you can be.

And it's not about sex - it's still about fun. We did a move last night on stage in Aberdeen and Lorna (our teacher) and I had to do a double handed comb and sway on the spot for 2 beats....excellent ........and so I played up a bit but it made everyone smile and try it ouit on the floor. Playingh around with the music and the moves - while always respecting your partner - is what dancing is all about:p or it is for me.

Thumbs up Proud? or Old fashioned?

I Think What bill says is so true, but Not everyone has the same idea when they are dancing with someone
    I hav herd guys talk about women they have danced with and may I say I would never repeat or agree with there comments

Not everyone is as Nice as Bill (that will cost u £20)

Maybe im just a prud but I am very old fashiond and think women should be threated like ladies

Re: Proud? or Old fashioned?

Originally posted by william_ceroc
    I Think What bill says is so true, but Not everyone has the same idea when they are dancing with someone
    I hav herd guys talk about women they have danced with and may I say I would never repeat or agree with there comments
    Don't know where you're from, William, and I'm not doubting your honesty.

But I can honestly say that in the 4 years I have been attending Ceroc classes in Edinburgh, Dundee, Rosyth etc, I have NEVER ONCE heard any man say anything untoward or unacceptable about the women in the class. (I dare say some stray thoughts may have crossed their minds from time to time, but none has been voiced in my presence.) I have heard a few pointed remarks from women about other women, though!!!

I just think it's important to put my own experience on record, in case any ladies reading William's comment think that it's typical of the men they dance with.

Replt to John S-99.9% of the men you dance with are perfect gents

No John your right its not all guys that are like that
    That was the point I was trying to make Not everyone thinks the way Bill does and he is to be commended

I didnt mean to make it sound that every guy that went to ceroc had those thoughts
    I hav been going for about 4 years and it isnt the usual but it does happen thats all im saying

99.9% of the men you dance with are perfect gents

But I must admit I still think there is certain guys and ladies that go there to meet someone,Which I dont think theres anything wrong with that.
    I am there for one thing and one thing only to enjoy a good dance
    So next time you get a chance ladies ask me to dance because Im not to bad a dancer(i hope)

William
    from???????
    Dont dance anywhere reg John

Originally posted by Gus
    BRINGING THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK......

Is that not the case with most women? You may not want to seduce the dance partner but just a little 'attraction?' makes the dance come alive?
    You bet!

When you next back in Aberdeen. we didn't even get to dance, just said hello to you as you were leaving, never mind, next time

Cheers

Sandy

I absolutely agree that a woman should be treated like a lady. And that means at all times. Just because you are in control during the dance and can lead any move you want to doesn't mean that you should. There is a time and place for doing the close moves which is when the music is just right and you can tell your partner would not object.

Originally posted by Sandy

You bet!

When you next back in Aberdeen. we didn't even get to dance, just said hello to you as you were leaving, never mind, next time

Cheers

Sandy
    Sandy, huge apologies about my bad grace in not dancing with you at Aberdeen.... are you going to Marcos for the party night ... if yes please ensure I grab you for a dance and see if I can generate any type of 'attraction' on the dance floor.....

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Talking Gus' breeks

Originally posted by Gus

please ensure I grab you for a dance and see if I can generate any type of 'attraction' on the dance floor.....
    Well if you are wearing these fabulous orange trousers we've all heard so much about I'm sure we'll be unable to resist you - they're not magnetic as well are they?

FC was looking a bit worn out tonight - what did you all do to her in Nantwich - and did she find a fabby doo Englishman to dance in the competition with?

Re: Gus' breeks

Originally posted by Sheena

FC was looking a bit worn out tonight - what did you all do to her in Nantwich - and did she find a fabby doo Englishman to dance in the competition with?
    Pulled a fast one ..... FC was supposed to be coming just to watch a coaching workshop I was running for my crew, but one of the lasses couldn't make it so FC ended up being part of it! Think I threw her in at the deep end a bit but she did really well ... even if I couldn't get her to dance at less than 200mph!! And she kept of molesting 'Turbo John' to make him dance faster (alledgely).

Re getting man to dance with ... we're pretty short of guys aswell ... and when I mentioned to a couple of girls that there was a Scottish press gang in town they got very defensive and possesive about 'their' men ... shame you girlies are only interested in us for one thing!

Having said that I think that if Pistol Pete is kidnapped I know who would be the prime suspect! Has she stopped drooling over hisbody rolls yet?

Re: Re: Gus' breeks

Originally posted by Gus

even if I couldn't get her to dance at less than 200mph!! And she kept of molesting 'Turbo John' to make him dance faster (alledgely).
    I'm quite sure it was joint effort I liked the way you got that bit in at the workshop though. "I just want to try and get you to dance slower. There's a couple of turbo dancers *Ahem Melanie and John Ahem* " but i'm sure you weren't looking at anyone in particular

Having said that I think that if Pistol Pete is kidnapped I know who would be the prime suspect! Has she stopped drooling over hisbody rolls yet?
    Erm...nope

if he "mysteriously" dissapears i can assure you he won't be at my house.
    Do you honestly think i would take him to the first place you would look?
    He was a great dancer though. You can't blame me for being a tad excitable

filthycute MAd. x x
    Last edited by filthycute; 19th-September-2002 at 10:07 AM.

Originally posted by Gus

Sandy, huge apologies about my bad grace in not dancing with you at Aberdeen.... are you going to Marcos for the party night ... if yes please ensure I grab you for a dance and see if I can generate any type of 'attraction' on the dance floor.....
    Oh Gus I can't go to Marcos (is that Edinburgh??) but I will be going to the "Addicts" weekend in Glasgow/Aberdeen. The party on Saturday at the Northern should be great, I wish you could come Yep you can grab me for a dance anytime and finding out about that "attraction" could be fun

Cheers

Sandy

Originally posted by Sandy

Oh Gus I can't go to Marcos (is that Edinburgh??) but I will be going to the "Addicts" weekend in Glasgow/Aberdeen. The party on Saturday at the Northern should be great, I wish you could come Yep you can grab me for a dance anytime and finding out about that "attraction" could be fun

Cheers

Sandy
    Poor Sandy - you'll have to make do with me instead this weekend. Try not to be too disappointed.

But anyway, the Marco's party is the weekend after (28th). Yes, it is in Edinburgh - I won't be there, but if Gus is then I'm sure he'll do his best to make your journey worthwhile!

Thread Information