Originally posted by filthycute
    My lips are sealed!!!!
    Not with Velcro I hope !
    The mind boggles...

Franck.

Originally posted by Franck
    Not with Velcro I hope !
    The mind boggles...
    HEY thats quite enough!!!! the velcro wasn't anywhere near my mouth! It was far too low down for me to reach!

filthycute MAd. x x

Originally posted by Steven
    Dancing Veela come from the latest Harry Potter book.
    Steven (and Lou) you are correct - and what about the Veelas was important?????

Gus - ORANGE?????????? I hope you have Latino looks?????

Originally posted by Dancing Vila

Gus - ORANGE?????????? I hope you have Latino looks?????
    OK ... please explain .. what has orange and latino got to do with each other??

Originally posted by Gus

OK ... please explain .. what has orange and latino got to do with each other??
    Well it's just that Latino types could look REALLY good in orange trousers (I can just visualise Ricky Martin in tight shiny orange trousers) - but otherwise.........I'll have to reserve judgement until I see you in them!

Originally posted by Dancing Veela

Well it's just that Latino types could look REALLY good in orange trousers (I can just visualise Ricky Martin in tight shiny orange trousers) - but otherwise.........
    Ahh ... well unfortunately, despite my mother's Jamaican bloodline, my looks have usualy been more attributed to the 'shaven monkey' look (and some simians have been particulaly angered at this comparisaon).

Hence the organge trousers ... as long as the attention is fixed at waist level and below, I feel free to wander the haunts of the dancing community.

Beware, I've been dared to wear them to Marco's ... if the stakes are raised I may just succumb!

Originally posted by Gus
    Beware, I've been dared to wear them to Marco's ... if the stakes are raised I may just succumb!
    How high do you want to raise them?????

Originally posted by Gus

and spoil the surprise for the competition??

or does one have something equally as tantalising to wear for that occassion?

filthycute MAd. x x
    Last edited by filthycute; 16th-September-2002 at 06:56 PM.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: Re: A Dancing Vila is just an Icing Vandal

I'm not sure I want to ever reveal who I am now - I think Sheena has it in for me

Not at all girl! Just thought you'd maybe painted yourself into a wee corner.

Originally posted by bill foreman
    well you may be right about a lack of really sexy men up here.....and maybe even down south but you are right about the effect a great dancer can have on a woman

The fact that he can also dance like no-one else and is a genuinely nice guy makes him really stand out. And boy, can he move those hips

OK so when is he coming to Aberdeen??? Is there a waiting list??

You are so right about the effect a great dancer can have on a woman (or a woman on a man I presume)

Cheers

Sandy

Re: Re: Re: A Dancing Vila is just an Icing Vandal

Originally posted by Sheena

Not at all girl! Just thought you'd maybe painted yourself into a wee corner.
    Oh goodie - that is a relief - I'm happy again now

If it makes the men make a bit of an effort on the sexiness front then we'll all benefit

Last night/this morning - when I was lying awake at 4am for some reason, I was thinking about a new thread - are Ceroc clubs cliquey? But maybe you seniors (does being a senior member make you old Gus??????) have already covered this one in the past??????

Thanks Franck for sorting out my spelling mistake

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Dancing Vila is just an Icing Vandal

(does being a senior member make you old Gus??????)
    OO-ER!!! Have you been using that touch paper that Gus always seems to have lying around??

Lesson number 1) How to regrettably miss out on the chance to dance with Gus. .....--See comments above

filthycute MAd. x x

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Dancing Vila is just an Icing Vandal

Lesson number 1) How to regrettably miss out on the chance to dance with Gus. .....--See comments above

filthycute MAd. x x
    Not at all, if this young whippersnapper DV doesn't mind wheeling me onto the dance floor in my bathchair, smoking jacket and slippers I'm sure I could managed to 'bop' to a few Bill Hayley or Glen Miller tracks ... I thinks its very kind of the younger generation to take pity on us old timers.... NOT

Beware ... vengance will be mine :reallymad

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Dancing Vila is just an Icing Vandal

Originally posted by Gus
    Not at all, if this young whippersnapper DV doesn't mind wheeling me onto the dance floor in my bathchair, smoking jacket and slippers I'm sure I could managed to 'bop' to a few Bill Hayley or Glen Miller tracks ... I thinks its very kind of the younger generation to take pity on us old timers.... NOT
    Gus did you read my bit on how 'young' I am???? Too old to be a Ceroc Teacher oh not getting into that thread!!!! I'll look forward to the smoking jacket - does it go with the orange trousers????? The bathchair could be a bit difficult to dance around though!
    Originally posted by Gus
    Beware ... vengance will be mine :reallymad
    Oh I'm soooooo scared

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Dancing Vila is just an Icing Vandal

filthycute MAd.
    I like the letters after you name, I assume they mean you have a Master in Dance?!
    This seems like the perfect abbreviation for most of us...

Franck MAd. BAd. (Hons)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Dancing Vila is just an Icing Vandal

Franck MAd. BAd.
    And Dangerous to Know?

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Dancing Vila is just an Icing Vandal

Originally posted by John S
    And Dangerous to Know?
    That would put a lot of people in danger
    Whoops, there goes another Off-topic thread...

Franck MAd. BAd. O.T.

Can I join in on this one, as well? It's too good a thread not to want to take part! Hope I'm not too late cos I know the discussion's moving on a bit, but there have been so many good - and extremely funny - posts here, it's sparked a few thoughts off in my own mind.

Anyway, these are a few personal thoughts on sexy dancing etc etc, though I know that many people will have a different opinion. IMO, dancing can be fantastic because anyone with enough ability can look absolutely beautiful/stunning/sexy, no matter - virtually - what their age, size, clothes, or whether or not they may be considered 'conventionally' physically attractive.

Sexiness is far far more than 'a look'. I.e. you can lust over someone because of their physical appearance, but they can only really be sexy if they do certain things, and if certain things click with you - I mean, if they smile in the way that says, 'I'm enjoying being with you', if they look at you as if they're seeing right into your soul and, furthermore, you don't mind them being there, if they hold you and guide you into moves as if you're no longer 2 separate beings but just an extension of one another, like there's some intangible link as if you're the only two people left in the world and this is the only moment that counts ... like you're not really dancing, just moving your bodies perfectly in sync with one another to a rhythm that only the two of you are aware of. And the rest of the world disappears. Or something like that ... That's what I call sexy!

How you get that, I don't know - I don't think it's anything that can be forced or made to happen, it just has to be there. However, I have 2 qualifications - I think you can have a really fantastic dance with someone and find them sexy, even though you might have no designs on them whatsoever off the dancefloor. Also, that kind of dancing is one hell of a bonus, but very rare and is certainly not the point of Ceroc, or not something you should go there to look for. And I would definitely choose friendliness over good looks any time, if I was looking for a dance partner. If someone doesn't look or smile at you throughout the whole of a dance, then it doesn't matter how good looking they are ...

As for Gus' question about how a man would know his dance partner was interested ... well, I think I would have to go the boring/conventional route - I'd prefer nothing to be read into the way I'm dancing but, if I was interested, I think I'd just offer to buy them a drink at the bar and see if I could engage them in conversation.

An aside - Bill, what was it you were saying about dancing sexy moves, but not in a sleazy way? Sounds great! And, if we haven't danced already at Northampton, then I hope we might have a chance to dance in the future, if you're ever down south again.

Oh, and finally - too long a mail, I know - but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone at Glasgow last week. I had a wonderful time at Ceroc there, thought the people were lovely and had many great dances. Loved Franck's dj-ing!, not to mention his dancing. And, Janet, many thanks for all your advice/help and it was great to meet you - I saw you dancing once or twice and you looked fantastic. I really enjoyed being there and very much look forward to being in Glasgow again.
    Rachel

Wink Young Man

OO-ER!!! Have you been using that touch paper that Gus always seems to have lying around??

filthycute MAd. x x
    Sometimes this doesn't effect your dance card when you "mistakenly" confuse someones age for that of an older gent.
    Franck still dances with me

filthycute MAd. x x

BRINGING THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK......

The thought occurs .... its not that you have to fancy someone to dance well with them but I do think that there has to be a 'connection' to be able to dance really well ... especially if its a sexy style of dnace you're engaged in. Me and my dance partner split up years ago as a 'couple' but because there is still a connection we can find something in the dance that can make it come alive, for us at least.

By the same token, I've seen my partner dancing with guys at Beach Boogie/Jive Spree etc and can tell when she finds an element of attraction, cause her style changes and the dance becomes more interesting...

Is that not the case with most women? You may not want to seduce the dance partner but just a little 'attraction?' makes the dance come alive?

Thread Information