Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A dance is just a dance...

Blog Entries
    That's exactly what I mean - I've never had the pleasure of dancing up in Scotland. But hopefully will, soonish.

B.T.C.
    well you may be right about a lack of really sexy men up here.....and maybe even down south but you are right about the effect a great dancer can have on a woman

I've seen several very good and some superb male dancers around the country and quite a few it would be fair to say ( sorry men ) would not necessarily be considered very good looking or very sexy. However......... when they dance you can see the women just melt and enjoy the experience. They are considered very attractive because they can dance, possibly even considered sexy.

One of the few men I think would turn heads wherever he went would be Viktor The fact that he can also dance like no-one else and is a genuinely nice guy makes him really stand out. And boy, can he move those hips

So we men will just have to sit back and admire all you gorgeous and sexy women out there. What a hardship that'll be

A Dancing Vila is just an Icing Vandal

OK, so who is this mysterious Dancing Vila, then, and what sort of name is that anyway?

For a bit of fun I ran it through the website at www.anagrams.genius.com, hoping it would reveal her secret - but unless her name is really Linda Caving I can only think she is an Icing Vandal in need of a Valid Caning!

But I just might turn up at the Glasgow party tomorrow night and then I'll easily spot her as she holds up the scores for the men she has just danced with. Scary!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gus
    So I shall be lurking in the shadows in Marcos somewhere next Saturday.
    I wouldn't do that if I were you Gus - Marcos isn't till the following week - last Saturday of the month!

P.S WHO ARE YOU?
    Oh, she'll be easy to spot Gus - the one with the big shovel digging a huge ditch for herself !!!!!! :reallymad :reallymad

Originally posted by Sheena
    I wouldn't do that if I were you Gus - Marcos isn't till the following week - last Saturday of the month
    Ahh ... thats what I meant ... honest.
    So ... will competition fever be starting to creep in ..... or will everyone still be trying to work out of the hand squeeze means "thank you for the dance" or "my place or yours"?

Come on ladies, how does a guy know if you ARE interested?

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gus
    Been a long time since I was involved in the "dating game" but I assume the rules are still pretty much the same.

1. You talk to her - if she responds in sentences it means she at least is happy to tolerate your ramblings.

2. You ask her if she would care to have another whirl around the dance floor - is she accepts then she at least is happy to spend another few minutes wrapped in your arms.

3. You accompany her to her seat (or at least the chair where she dumped her gear when she first arrived) - if she is still smiling and not desperately looking around for someone else then she is at least happy with your company.

4. You thank her graciously for the dances, ask if you may have the pleasure of another dance later in the evening and walk away - if she replies in a positive manner and is watching you when you turn around to look then she is at least pleased with your attention.

5. On your return you dance as well as Viktor himself (well a man can dream!- sorry Gus - only joking ) leaving her breathless and glowing - well if she's breathless and glowing she is at least pleased with your performance.

6. You ASK where she normally dances - if she tells you then she is at least considering your application.

7. On spending most of the evening with her at her local class you ask if she might like to accompany you for a carbonated beverage afterwards - is she says YES then she's interested.

Alternatively Gus you could just skip to number 5 and if she won't let go of your hand you've cracked it

Red, Amber, Green

Originally posted by Gus
    Maybe you should start from the premise that she's not?

Then if you think that you're getting a signal other than a red light you can consider getting into gear - but even if the light seems to be green you shouldn't make a move until you're sure it's safe to do so.

Driving Lessons!

Yes and remember to use your mirror, and indicate before moving off, if the road is clear!!!!
    Honestly John!!! Your advice sounds more like a driving lesson!!!! Haven't you learned by now that you must NEVER equate a woman with a machine, especially a car!!! What exactly do you mean by'even if the light SEEMS to be green'? Haven't you heard of playing hard to get?
    Some ladies might appear to be uninterested when in actual fact they are. ( We don't want to make things easy for you men).

To be quite honest some women are very astute, and aware when a man is interested in them, ME, I live in oblivion!!!! I only found out a couple of months ago that a certain guy, whom I was at school with,and who was fancied by most of the females in my year (and went out with a few!!!!) had all the time fancied me , but was too scared to ask me out!! If only I'd known!!!!!!!!
    My point is this, if you don't ask, you don't get ! If you are so scared you will be knocked back - then you don't deserve her in the first place!! Develop a thick skin and shrug off the knock backs!!!!
    What's the worst that can happen ? She'll say NO !!!!
    The best - YES! Faint heart never won fair lady !!

Heather

PS. You would never guess that I like people who are straight talking direct and honest !!!:

PPS, Some good advice from Aunty Sheena there, you obviously haven't forgotten much!!!!

Originally posted by Dancing Vila
    Did Bill have on his tight lycra last night Sandy? And did you get that sexy dance with him?
    You better believe it! A very sexy dancer and that was only lesson 1 - hope you are reading this Bill cos come Tuesday I will be looking for lesson 2 - are you up for it???

Sandy

Talking A Dame is Just a Daimler

Originally posted by Heather
    Honestly John!!! Your advice sounds more like a driving lesson!!!! Haven't you learned by now that you must NEVER equate a woman with a machine, especially a car

PPS, Some good advice from Aunty Sheena there, you obviously haven't forgotten much!!!!
    To be honest, I hadn't read Aunty Sheena's excellent response when I wrote mine, and hers was so good I wanted to delete my own but couldn't (see Technical Section of the Forum).

However, I'm not sure that men can always distinguish between women and cars, eg they can both be:
    - sleek, sporty models
    - people carriers
    - comfortable, family models
    - old bangers
    They can be brand new or second-hand, they benefit from regular servicing, and are often traded in for a newer model.

(Think we've gone off-topic again!!!)
    Last edited by John S; 15th-September-2002 at 08:18 PM.

Re: A Dancing Vila is just an Icing Vandal

Originally posted by John S
    OK, so who is this mysterious Dancing Vila, then, and what sort of name is that anyway?
    I have a confession to make.............I mis-spelled it :sorry

It should have been Dancing Veela (hands-up if you were at least saying it right????). Does that give you a clue to where it came from?

I'm not sure I want to ever reveal who I am now - I think Sheena has it in for me

As for Gus' question how does a man know if you are interested? Believe me Gus if I was interested you'd be in no doubt about it!!!! Why does it have to be up to the man to make the first move?

And a little note to Bill - I was counting you as one of the SEXY guys in Aberdeen - obviously!!!!!!!! Not that you included me in your women you like to do the blues with
    :tears

Talking This should be good for a laugh

Originally posted by John S
    However, I'm not sure that men can always distinguish between women and cars, eg they can both be:
    - sleek, sporty models
    - people carriers
    - comfortable, family models
    - old bangers
    They can be brand new or second-hand, they benefit from regular servicing, and are often traded in for a newer model.
    I'm not sure I'm following you there, John - perhaps if you gave some examples of women in the above categories I might get it.

Blog Entries

OK - Sad posting alert....

Errmmm.... wasn't Veela a character in an epsiode of the original Star Trek series or someone from Harry Potter?
    Last edited by Lou; 16th-September-2002 at 01:23 PM.

Re: This should be good for a laugh

Originally posted by Graham

I'm not sure I'm following you there, John - perhaps if you gave some examples of women in the above categories I might get it.
    I just MIGHT be ok if I named a few of the sports models, although even that could be dangerous, but there is no way at all I am going to name any of the others ..................... because of course I don't know any women at Ceroc to whom those descriptions would apply!! (Note desperate attempt to engage reverse gear!)

Thumbs down CEROC A CATTLE MARKET??????

I guess u Guys and gals are all right
    with your views

But one thing
    it doesnt matter what the other person thinks
    Different if u feel uncomfortable dancing with them
    Most of us are here to dance and enjoy ourselfs
    A bit of escapism, take our mind of the stress of life

SO If your partner you are dancing with is getting the wrong idea. im sure we are all grown up enough to put them straight,(if and when they come onto you during/after the dance)

The great thing that attracted me to Ceroc was
    its not a Cattle Market
    Yes some people seem to treat it like that and good luck to them
    BUT IM HERE TO DANCE LIKE THE MAJORITY OF THE NICE PEOPLE I MEET

PS bill you do dance like a sleazzzzzzze
    suits you Sir
    suits you Sir

Dancing Veela come from the latest Harry Potter book.

Cheers

Steven

Originally posted by Sheena
    Been a long time since I was involved in the "dating game" but I assume the rules are still pretty much the same.
    1. You talk to her - if she responds in sentences it means she at least is happy to tolerate your ramblings.

or she's talking in sentences so you don't get a word in edgeways and she doesn't have to tolerate your ramblings.

2. You ask her if she would care to have another whirl around the dance floor - is she accepts then she at least is happy to spend another few minutes wrapped in your arms.

or she's too polite to refuse

3. You accompany her to her seat (or at least the chair where she dumped her gear when she first arrived) - if she is still smiling and not desperately looking around for someone else then she is at least happy with your company.

or she doesn't mind the fact that you've followed her. At least it stops the local loony pestering her for a dance.

4. You thank her graciously for the dances, ask if you may have the pleasure of another dance later in the evening and walk away - if she replies in a positive manner and is watching you when you turn around to look then she is at least pleased with your attention.

or she's being overly enthusiastic so you'll leave quicker then watches to see where you are based so she can promptly move to the other end of the room.

5. On your return you dance as well as Viktor himself (well a man can dream!- sorry Gus - only joking ) leaving her breathless and glowing - well if she's breathless and glowing she is at least pleased with your performance.

does this ever happen?????

6. You ASK where she normally dances - if she tells you then she is at least considering your application.

but has she told you the real venue she dances at?? hmmm????

7. On spending most of the evening with her at her local class you ask if she might like to accompany you for a carbonated beverage afterwards - is she says YES then she's interested......

.......in your good looking mate

alternatively Gus you could just skip to number 5 and if she won't let go of your hand you've cracked it

but i think i might be an offence to use super glue whilst dancing

this is not me personally but it's another way of looking at it. Just to confuse those guys who think they have women sussed

filthycute x x

Originally posted by Gus
    I'm afraid that 'sexiness' isn't really in my repetiore ...
    ok try convincing the ladeez of that whilst donning your orange trousers!

Originally posted by Heather
    Haven't you learned by now that you must NEVER equate a woman with a machine.
    unless it's a sex machine????

filthycute x x

Originally posted by filthycute

ok try convincing the ladeez of that whilst donning your orange trousers!
    filthycute x x
    The (in)famous orange trousers have been commented on many times, usualy with reference to JCB surplus stock, Bob the builder accesories, Tango promotional gear ... but NEVER have they been equated to sexiness .... unless you've told someone about the velcro!!

Originally posted by Gus

The (in)famous orange trousers have been commented on many times, usualy with reference to JCB surplus stock, Bob the builder accesories, Tango promotional gear ... but NEVER have they been equated to sexiness .... unless you've told someone about the velcro!!

My lips are sealed!!!!

filthycute x x

Thread Information