Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A dance is just a dance...

Originally posted by Dancing Vila
    Please be considerate guys - if you are going to be sexy, share it around with all the women

Gus - hope you enjoyed that shower!!!!!!!!!
    Think you need that shower
    Another aspect (and completely unrelated to my previous points) of course is that it is (usually) the man who decides which sexy moves he's going to do (and please note that most men only want to do these moves with the 'pretty' women) - us women don't get the choice of only doing these moves with the 'hot and sexy men' . Also, as a women, if no men do these sexy moves with you it leaves you feeling very left out/frumpy/ugly
    Sorry, but think I have to take issue with your statement above. Whereas Ceroc ettiquette is to dance with everyone, I don't see that as the case with Blues. By its very nature, the moves and feeling are intimate and only something you would want to share with someone you feel 'comfortable' with. I have no problem with dancing Ceroc with anyone but I only dance Blues with a very few people.

Also ... would you really want a night where guys just decide to do 'sexy' moves with you? It may work for some but I'm sure of some guys who you really wouldn't find it that appealing. Thinking back to the theme ... for CEROC ... a dance is just a dnace ... but Blues is something a bit more ... not a realtionship but not something you just share?

OK ... do I make any kind of sense or have I really lost the plot on this one ... HELP!

Please be considerate guys - if you are going to be sexy, share it around with all the women
    No way ! I only do sexy moves when my partner is looking at me, smiling, obviously enjoying the way I dance. That is not the case of every woman, no wonder if they get nothing from me. At the other hand one do not need to be particularly beautiful to be sexy, to make a dance very pleasant, to suggest your partner to be closer, and eventually .... Oh no ! Don't look at the title of this thread !

Alexis

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gus
    [B]Think you need that shower

DV: well maybe if you danced the blues with me I would !!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gus Sorry, but think I have to take issue with your statement above. Whereas Ceroc ettiquette is to dance with everyone, I don't see that as the case with Blues. By its very nature, the moves and feeling are intimate and only something you would want to share with someone you feel 'comfortable' with. I have no problem with dancing Ceroc with anyone but I only dance Blues with a very few people.

DV: I agree with you in a lot of ways on this - however even before Blues made it into the Scottish Ceroc scene, some men did sexy moves during Ceroc - so how does Ceroc ettiquette fit into this?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gus Also ... would you really want a night where guys just decide to do 'sexy' moves with you?

DV: Well maybe :-) - no seriously I don't know where I suggested THAT in my reply - I wouldn't like that at all !

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gus It may work for some but I'm sure of some guys who you really wouldn't find it that appealing.
    DV: Oh that's so true !!!!

Sorry haven't got the hang of this QUOTE stuff yet!

Originally posted by Gus Also ... would you really want a night where guys just decide to do 'sexy' moves with you?
    DV: Well maybe :-) - no seriously I don't know where I suggested THAT in my reply - I wouldn't like that at all !

It was where you said
    if you are going to be sexy, share it around with all the women
    This implies that if any man is being "sexy" with anyone else you would also want him to be sexy with you!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alexis Beuraud
    [B]No way ! I only do sexy moves when my partner is looking at me, smiling, obviously enjoying the way I dance. That is not the case of every woman, no wonder if they get nothing from me. [End quote]

Maybe they don't smile at you because they think you don't want to be dancing with them if you don't do sexy moves with them????

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alexis Beuraud
    At the other hand one do not need to be particularly beautiful to be sexy [End Quote]

Now that would be an interesting subject....but not very related to Ceroc....what does make a woman sexy??????? Us women ALL want to know (we do want to know don't we girls??? Filthy Cute back me up here??????)

Originally posted by Graham
    [/COLOR]
    It was where you said

This implies that if any man is being "sexy" with anyone else you would also want him to be sexy with you!
    That's exactly what I meant - not that I want a whole evening of doing nothing but sexy moves

Now that would be an interesting subject....but not very related to Ceroc....what does make a woman sexy??????? Us women ALL want to know (we do want to know don't we girls??? Filthy Cute back me up here??????)
    Now what kind of "tone lowering, topic breaking,talker of bo****ks, jumper-inner of threads that i know nothing about" would i be if i didn't give my opinion??

Thats a very good question actually Vila. I think it's only fair that guys should know what makes them sexy in return.

Here's what i think....

Confident well lead moves, hip action (always nice to see a guy givin' it large with some cuban hips) and a huge smile and if he throws in one of those tango kinda twist and sit (??) moves then it's a bonus

Ok i could have went for the tight trousers,green eyes,manly sweaty looking, slighty muscley, never even noticed if he can dance guys, but people might start to think my mind is warped

filthycute x x

Originally posted by filthycute
    Thats a very good question actually Vila. I think it's only fair that guys should know what makes them sexy in return.

filthycute x x
    Seems to bring us back again to the origins of the thread ... if you saw a 'sexy' guy what would you do about it ... lingering look, reluctantly letting go of hand after track, casualy mentioning you live alone in a penthouse flat with a kingsize waterbed, that you have a PhD in massage and used to be a underwear model for Cosmo???

OK ... so its never quite happened like that to me ... though we live in hope ... but is there an 'acceptable' way to follow up on your baser instincts or do you just shuffle off and keep all your thoughts/lusts to yourself?

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    Originally posted by Gus

... if you saw a 'sexy' guy what would you do about it ...
    Assuming this was someone I'd never met before...

Scenario a:
    Pluck up the courage to ask him to dance... hopefully have the dance of my dreams...say thankyou very much... wobble back to my friends with a huge grin on my face, and then on to the next dance.

Scenario b:
    Pluck up the courage to ask him to dance... get terminally nervous and dance like a dork....say thankyou very much..wobble back to my friends feeling like a twit, and onto the next dance.

Scenario c:
    Pluck up the courage to ask him to dance...realise I was dancing with a man wwho fancied himself more than anything else..say thankyou through gritted teeth...wobble back to my friends muttering under my breath, and onto the next dance.

So many possibilities! You can never tell until you dance with 'em if they are really sexy.

Originally posted by Emma

Assuming this was someone I'd never met before...

Scenario a:
    Pluck up the courage to ask him to dance... hopefully have the dance of my dreams...say thankyou very much... wobble back to my friends with a huge grin on my face, and then on to the next dance.

Scenario b:
    Pluck up the courage to ask him to dance... get terminally nervous and dance like a dork....say thankyou very much..wobble back to my friends feeling like a twit, and onto the next dance.

Mines would probably fall into A & B.....

Scenario X :
    Have a bacardi breezer to pluck up the courage to ask him to dance.....have the dance with the man of my dreams....get terminally nervous and dance like a dork. (ie: Loose my balance on every spin, clash heads,step on his toes, manage to make contact with my elbow and his jaw) .....say thank you very much.....wobble back to my friends with tears in my eyes feeling a like a complete and utter twit and sit out the rest of the night incase "Mr.Sexy" notices "that idiot" he was dancing with earlier

Scenario Y:
    Would feel safer going for the.....Hover about until he (hopefully) asks me to dance....avoid eye contact incase he has green eyes and i melt halfway through the dance.....have heart stopping dance (even if he only knows 4 moves) ...say thank you very much....wobble back to my friends with grin and wishful look on my face

filthycute x x

Miss Understood

Originally posted by Gus

.. lingering look, reluctantly letting go of hand after track, casualy mentioning you live alone in a penthouse flat with a kingsize waterbed, that you have a PhD in massage and used to be a underwear model for Cosmo???

Aaahhhh - so THAT was what she meant when she said all that to me. NOW I understand.

And there was me thinking she was just fed up dancing with me, and would rather be home in bed reading a magazine. Oh, well, I'll know next time.

B.T.C.
    Well FC..........I have bluey/green eyes so does that mean you will do a little swoon if you look into my eyes next time we dance

Originally posted by Gus

Well that all depends on whether he was a good dancer or not....if he was a good dancer I'd probably admire him from afar and hope that he notices what a fantastically sexy dancer I am and wait until he asks me to dance - and then along with all the other women who have commented, make a mess of the dance !!!!

If however he was sexy but not a good dancer - then I would go ask him to dance and be sooooo understanding when he apologises to me - and of course smile at him whilst trying to look into his eyes - which of course are watching his feet!!!

As for green eyes (or blue/green Bill) - it's not down to colour - it's down to how much passion/sparkle you see in them !!!!

Anyway none of the guys have even started attempting to answer my previous question....what makes a woman sexy????

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)

Anyway none of the guys have even started attempting to answer my previous question....what makes a woman sexy????
    ..That's probably because all women are sexy, and they just don't know how to say it!!

I would hazard a gues that "sexy" is a very personal thing and will vary from man to man ... but on the dancerfloor the thing that gets the attemntion are the women who move smoothly to the music, can look into your soul with a tempting smile, use their full body shape to emphasise the moves, can use their hips to mesmerise and managed to find outfits which are tight in all the right places yet leave the imagination rampant in others ... [cold shower time again ]

There is no body shape that is exclusive ... for me (confession time) the two sexiest women on the circuit are Lydia and Rena (very different figures).

Of course, to avoid embaressment I have has to exclude all the gorgeous ladies I met in Scotland and my dance partner!:sorry

Originally posted by bill foreman
    Well FC..........I have bluey/green eyes so does that mean you will do a little swoon if you look into my eyes next time we dance
    oo-er! i've never noticed this before....
    will surely need to don my shades now to avoid falling over

filthycute x x

B.T.C.
    I'm gutted now FC.......you've never noticed before despite the twinkle and sparkle in them ..........or is that just the sweat trickling down off my forehead !!!!!!!!!!

As for what makes a sexy woman...... ....what a question to ask. And as for that crawler Gus............Lydia and Rena!! your just keeping in with the top dancers .........

Any definition will undoubtedly cause a huge rumpus here and at the clubs so I'm not even going to try. I know how to keep in one piece

But as a broad kind of idea of what makes someone sexy then it's never one factor is it ???? I've met and danced with some wonderful women; some have been very attractive, some have been slim, some have fuller figures, some tall, some small but only a few I could describe as 'sexy'. I'm definitely not going to name those I still know well and consider sexy........but you know who you are

Although it's a cliche it is very much in the eye of the beholder but there' s often something about the way a woman walks or moves, a sparkle in the eye but someone can be very sexy and not necessarily stunningly good looking. And not every wonderful dancer is sexy. And it's also not really about how much or little a woman wears but probably more about the way she wears it

So....no obvious or easy answer which is maybe just as well

But of course we could say that every woman we dance with is sexy in her own way ( does that cover me ???

Commercial Operator

Sexy?

Biggest single thing:

Self-assuredness without over confidence. Oh, and a SLIGHT air of mystery (but that covers almost every moman I've ever met!!

The rest is mere trifling.

But what would I know?

!

Originally posted by Gus

When he wasn't being rushed off his feet! I would ask him to dance, if the music was right, cos that can make a huge difference, sexy music makes you feel sexy (for me anyway - 'Hero' as an example) and then give it my best attempt at sexy sensual dancing - all the time watching his eyes, if there is a sparkle then that would add to the excitement of the dance, if not, well "that was nice thanks" without a further thought whereas had there been a sparkle you would look forward to the next time you managed to catch him for a dance. Dancing is so exciting but it definitely depends on who you are dancing with - a chemistry thing, not necessarily the best looking but a combination of lots of previously mentioned features.

By the way Gus I noticed on Tuesday night that I squeeze everyone's hand after a dance - what the hell have I done!

Bill - take this as a formal request for some "Blues" moves please.

Cheers
    Sandy

Re: Sexy?

Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
    Biggest single thing:

Self-assuredness without over confidence. Oh, and a SLIGHT air of mystery (but that covers almost every moman I've ever met!!

The rest is mere trifling.

But what would I know?
    Nice one Bob! ....now you've got the momen sussed and out the way now you can concentrate on real women

hehe sorry...couldn't resist

filthycute x x

Thread Information