Thread: Heavy Handed?

Unhappy Heavy Handed?

OK ... serves me right .... post something Ceroc friendly ... then get home to a 'Cease and Desist' letter from CerocHQ Turns out there is a little used website somewhere that still has the details of my old Ceroc Clubs ... now closed. Also, someone (not me) has listed my Northwich freestyle events under 'Ceroc'. Given that most of the details are wrong (including the contact e-mail) you would have thought it would not take 5 seconds of attention to realise that this is not a deliberate attempt to piggy back on the good name of Ceroc!

I’m sorry but why does an organisation like Ceroc, that is trying to improve its image, still have to resort to strong arm tactics. A simple .” Do you realise...” email would have been sufficient, its not like they don’t know me and they know that the last thing I want to do is to pass myself off as Ceroc.

I was hoping that with the new management that a new day had dawned ... maybe that hope was a trifle premature.

Commercial Operator

Re: Heavy Handed?

Originally posted by Gus
    OK ... serves me right .... post something Ceroc friendly ... then get home to a 'Cease and Desist' letter from CerocHQ

..snip...

I was hoping that with the new management that a new day had dawned ... maybe that hope was a trifle premature.
    It does seem very heavy handed to me. A 'Cease and Desist' is the kind of thing that I think Gus should have received after a nice friendly letter and possibly a reminder of the nice friendly letter - or they could have 'phoned him or even sent him a PM on here - it is the Ceroc Forum

This heavy handed tactic is a sure fire way to ensure you don't have any friends in MJ outside Ceroc - but then maybe they don't want any friends...

But I'll bet Gus acted quickly so their approach is highly effective, just not at all friendly. It strikes me that Ceroc are so big they're becoming like the NHS, when you meet anyone that works for the NHS they're always nice but as an organisation they leave people feeling very unhappy.

Andy

p.s. And remember, Ceroc in the South East of England are the ones that still have a high number of smoking venues - that, and this pugnacious attack on Gus makes you wonder if Ceroc care about dancers or just their £6. I suppose there's always a new batch of beginners...

Commercial Operator

Re: Re: Heavy Handed?

Originally posted by Andy McGregor
    p.s. And remember, Ceroc in the South East of England are the ones that still have a high number of smoking venues - that, and this pugnacious attack on Gus makes you wonder if Ceroc care about dancers or just their £6. I suppose there's always a new batch of beginners...
    I've had a flurry of PMs regarding this p.s. - so just to clarify:

1. Not all Ceroc venues in the South East allow smoking - but I recommend you 'phone first as quite a few of them do allow smoking

2. Some Ceroc venues charge £7!!!

N.B. Are the venues that charge £7 non-smoking or do you have to pay the extra £1 to breathe second-hand smoke

Re: Re: Re: Heavy Handed?

N.B. Are the venues that charge £7 non-smoking or do you have to pay the extra £1 to breathe second-hand smoke

Well Andy, smoking IS an expensive habit !!

Heather,
    XX

B.T.C.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Heavy Handed?

Originally posted by Heather

Well Andy, smoking IS an expensive habit !!

Heather,
    XX
    and maybe the smokers will start charging us because we're using up their smoke

Meglio del Cioccolato Demo

Re: Re: Re: Heavy Handed?

I've had a flurry of PMs regarding this p.s. - so just to clarify:

1. Not all Ceroc venues in the South East allow smoking - but I recommend you 'phone first as quite a few of them do allow smoking

2. Some Ceroc venues charge £7!!!

Thread Information