Thread: "Taxi"!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Thumbs up "Taxi"!

Right guys, just looking for an answer to a question.

Do taxi dancers have a sell-by date? What I mean is should we only taxi for a set time or is it limitless?

I've been taxi-ing for about a year and a half now so should I step down and let some-one else have a go or is it ok for me to continue. In Dundee we only have four taxi-dancers so we are on duty every other week and I just wondered if people get fed up of the same faces, opinions, words of wisdom (alleged ) style etc.

I know Bill was on duty the night I started Ceroc and so has been taxi-ing for a lot longer than me but what's the norm?

I don't know what the appointment/recruitment process is, but in any event I think we all owe a big debt of gratitude to the Taxi Dancers (and demonstrators) because without them the evening just wouldn't be the same.

I think too that the trend to take beginners out during the intermediate lesson and go over the beginners moves is great - when I started that didn't happen. I was completely freaked out just watching the intermediate moves, and had to just leave to preserve what was left of my ego (fortunately, it has fully recovered, before anyone else says so!!)

What's a taxi dancer?

Sorry to sound dumb....but having only attended the Rosyth venue regularly, what is a taxi dancer....and should we have them at Rosyth?

Stubob.

Wot, No Taxis?

Most of the larger venues have a couple of Taxi Dancers (1 male, 1 female) who are available in the early/middle part of the evening to dance with beginners and reinforce the lesson they have just had. They also take beginners out to a separate room during the intermediate lesson, which I think is a good idea.

They are usually chosen for their dancing ability and sparkling friendly personality (like Sheena, grovel, grovel) - so maybe none of us in Rosyth qualifies on those grounds or maybe it's just that with a small venue everyone gets to dance anyway.

It's not a bad suggestion, though - over to Scot to consider!!

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: "Taxi"!

Originally posted by Sheena
    Do taxi dancers have a sell-by date? What I mean is should we only taxi for a set time or is it limitless?
    Hey Sheena, now that the thread is back on track, I am able to answer your question...

There are no hard and fast rules regarding the length of service for Taxi-dancers... Most of the limits (6 months / 1 year / etc...) are there to prevent taxi-dancers getting fed-up, there is nothing worse than a Taxi-dancer who can't be bothered anymore...
    However, if you love the job, and enjoy dancing with Beginners and watching them turn into confident dancers, feeling that you had a big influence on them, then you should keep going...
    There are many taxi-dancers like you , Bill etc... who are doing a great job and it would be a shame to lose you...

Franck.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Don't be mislead by the question.

I did not mean to imply that I'm giving up - I just wondered if there are any guidelines or if we just go with the flow.

Thanks for the grovel by the way John, I'll send you the usual renumeration

Late Nights

2AM Sheena!!!!!!!! Between you and Filthycute people will get the impression that the Dundonians are a breed of allnight reavers and insomniacs!!!!!!!!!

Heather.
    Bye the way, I think you and Alex are doing a brilliant job as Taxi dancers. (Must be your teacher training Sheena!!!)

SellByDate

Dont you believe that sheena: Taxi dancers can have no sell by date. However, when/if you feel you want to be dancing more than teaching/taxi-ing then that could indicate its time to move on. Just go with the flow and what UR happy with - does it make you smile? - Yes - then do it!

Steve
    (k)

I'm fortunate to be on a 3 week rota, but I standin when needed. I love taxiing to see beginners improve but it also makes a welcome change than from just dancing all the time.

As long as you enjoy it and the beginners benefit from you then keep doing it I say. No one should get fed up of your same lines/jokes as there should be new beginners coming in every week. As for teachers with the same lines well thats another thread.

Thread Information