View Poll Results: How much do you drink on a club night?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • MALE - Nothing, nada, zilch

52 45.61%
  • MALE - a wee dram

3 2.63%
  • MALE - couple of pints

6 5.26%
  • MALE - until the room spins as much as I do

4 3.51%
  • FEMALE - Nothing, nada, zilch

37 32.46%
  • FEMALE - a wee dram

8 7.02%
  • FEMALE - couple of Breezers etc.

4 3.51%
  • FEMALE - until the room spins as much as I do

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Ceroc drive you to drink?

Blog Entries

Re: Does Ceroc drive you to drink?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Ah. The Double Trouble and Gav thread!
    It's taken a lot of hard work, but I think I've mastered the art of hijacking threads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    It's taken a lot of hard work, but I think I've mastered the art of hijacking threads.
    you might have mastered hijacking of threads but have you mastered my stalk, grab and fall over method. Thats normally the method i use on a Friday night on a weekender as i get so excited at the prospect of a weekends dancing, no kids or responsibilities, just being a girl again that i forget that ive got to dance, drink too much, everyone looks absolutely gorgeous, including the pizza servers and burger servers, i want to marry everybody then fall over. Its great stuff, you should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Anyway, what are your thoughts ... does drink help or hinder?
    Obviously drink hinders lots of important things like balance, motor control, judgement, and suchlike. I find that in moderation it inhibits some of the feelings and attitudes that get in the way of enjoyable dancing. Also, I figure that learning to dance whilst slightly under the influence is rather like learning to dance blindfolded: it makes you a better dancer when you're sober again.

I go to a few local dances that don't have an alcohol license, and are therefore rated BYOB. That works well.

I have only twice had any alcohol in me while dancing - one glass of wine at a leaving do 2 hours before one class, and one glass of Pimms & lemonade at a wedding where I managed to grab a poor unsuspecting (and extremely drunk!) lady and lead her through a few moves. But then again, I hardly ever drink alcohol when I'm not dancing either.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No.

No-one ever dances better with alcohol, they just think they do.

MJ requires dedication, self-sacrifice, hairshirts, 7 years' meditation and tutalge under the Ancient Masters, 3 months' fasting, and other such purification methods. For each night out. That's The Law.

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    you might have mastered hijacking of threads but have you mastered my stalk, grab and fall over method. Thats normally the method i use on a Friday night on a weekender as i get so excited at the prospect of a weekends dancing, no kids or responsibilities, just being a girl again that i forget that ive got to dance, drink too much, everyone looks absolutely gorgeous, including the pizza servers and burger servers, i want to marry everybody then fall over. Its great stuff, you should try it.
    Problem is, when you are sober, it's difficult to tell between the pizza server and the pizza.

Thank god I have recently taken a vow of celibacy so I don't have to worry about that anymore. For me, the evening now goes, get p1ssed, fall over, spend night dribbling on my pillow. What a sexy bitch I am....!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    That explains a lot actually, and that on top of how bad your memory is at the best of times means that you never need worry about it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Problem is, when you are sober, it's difficult to tell between the pizza server and the pizza.
    OK, that's either very profound or, err, not...

According to some of my regular dance ladies, I dance much more relaxed and comedy-style after a couple of small drinks. Some actually prefer it.

BUT, I rarely drink anyways. Only ever drink at dance events when its a party and not a freestyle event at a usual MJ dance club.

I prefer soberness when dancing - stops me falling over. (that smilie seems appropriate)

ex.Brum, now in limbo somewhere in the Midlands

Before I started dancing a night out was a few glasses of wine, a bop and a curry at the end of the night, so when I started dancing I tried having a couple of wines but it did not work for me, did not get the same satisfaction as in the past, and I never throught I could go out and enjoy myself without a drink, so I save the wine for my non- dance nights which is now with a meal instead.

The Forum Legend

I don't know if it's been said, and I'm too lazy to go back and check...

It's quite true that Ceroc doesn't drive me to drink. Some of the people that go to Ceroc might well have that effect though!

I will very occasionally have a drink if i have had a bad day at the office, helps to relax me a little before i inflict my poor dancing on the unsuspecting ladies.

Gent

Blog Entries

I think the Forum's driving me to drink, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    I think the Forum's driving me to drink, does that count?

I tend not to mix drink with dancing.

Although it can make me a more confident and adventurous dancer, it also makes me more likely to fall over, try things I'm not capable of, or injure my partner due to not being as aware as I should be.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

I very rarely drink anything alcoholic when I'm dancing. Apart from the fact that I'm usually driving, I find that once I've had a couple of drinks all the dance moves I know dribble out of my head, and any style and musicality I may have goes with them. I end up doing about 20 first moves to one track with the occasional other move put in as I remember it. Not a pretty sight.

The only exception is if I've had a stressful day at work. Then I may have a pint to help me relax, but never more than one.

I have restrained from drinking while dancing since I started. I do enjoy a drink sometimes but I definately feel that, for me, Ceroc isn't the best place for one.

People who dance with me regularly know I'm a bit of a spinner, and so therefore, my dancing and drink definately would not mix. I'm quite clumsy in general so to then drink while spinning would almost certainly result in me and the dancefloor getting much better acquainted, in a way i'd rather avoid if at all possible.

Actually Ceroc is the main thing that drives me away from drink in an evening Never drunk during a class at all

Am tea total anyway. Dancing or not I don't drink.

I usually drive everywhere so don't have the opportunity to drink very often. However, I made the mistake once years ago of having a couple of large glasses of wine, with the girls at work, before going on to the dance classes -
    wasn't sure if it was my head or my body that ended up spinning the most!

Wendy

I usually go for one small glass of wine before the class in Clapham with my friend. We also have a glass of water with it though, and by the time we have got through the beginners class, it’s mostly worn off. Then it’s water for the rest of the night.

When we first started going, we did have a large glass of wine each – never again! The girl in the bar also said they had a special offer on and we could have the rest of the bottle at no extra cost… we politely declined. Sadly, there is only one bar we can go to for our pre-dancing drink and chat, as there is only one which serves small glasses of wine. So much for sensible drinking in Clapham!

Thread Information