Thread: New Aberdeen Party Venue - Your views?

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question New Aberdeen Party Venue - Your views?

Hi guys and dolls,

Following a steep price increase at the Deaf Society, I will be moving the Party nights to a new venue.
    You might have read already that the September night will be in the Northern Hotel.
    However, the Northern is a very busy venue and I would not be able to book it as regularly as I would like.

My plan, submitted here for discussion, is to change the party nights to a Friday night and move them to the Culter Mills Club, in Peterculter (the Tuesday venue). In particular, this would avoid the clash in October with the pre-comp party in Edinbugh...

So here it is, give me your feedback before I make a final decision...

Franck.

you mean i'll be able to go to the Aberdeen party AND the Edinburgh party???

damn! thats me in that "excitable puppy" mood again!!

ok i'm not from Aberdeen but can i vote ?

filthycute x x

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by filthycute
    you mean i'll be able to go to the Aberdeen party AND the Edinburgh party???
    Yep, that's the plan... Why have one party when you can three?
    I did not think of making it a poll, but maybe I should have... Though I would rather have direct feedback (you can email me if you do not want to post your views on the forum).

Franck.

Thumbs up Re: New Aberdeen Party Venue - Your views?

Originally posted by Franck
    change the party nights to a Friday night and move them to the Culter Mills Club, in Peterculter
    Gets my vote!

Amanda

I did not think of making it a poll, but maybe I should have... Though I would rather have direct feedback (you can email me if you do not want to post your views on the forum).

Franck.
    oops! didn't mean it to sound like we should have a show of hands. just meant you get the thumbs up from me
    Peterculter is a great venue. i couldn't see anyone having a problem with it. plus the fact i can get there.....all by myself!!!

filthycute x x

Gets my vote too
    Not been to ceroc in months...will have to get back to it

see you soon...i hope?
    PC

Me Too!!!

I'm not from Aberdeen either, but I do come up to your dances quite regularly, so I reckon I can put my tuppence worth in!!!!
    YES, YES, YES, Peterculter is a great venue plenty of dance floor space , so no excuses from the Aberdeen lot about it being too crowded on the dancefloor.
    Looking forward to it!

Heather.

P.S Filthycute, I think your latest post script is probably better suited to Sherwin!!!!!! ( Sorry Sherwin - you were brilliant on Saturday!!! Advanced driver material for sure )

Peterculter would get my vote. Any chance of getting the venue to stay open to 1am? These 12pm finishes are a bit like Cinderella.

[Besides being born in Fife and brought up in Aberdeen I like to get my money's worth]

James

Re: New Aberdeen Party Venue - Your views?

Hi guys and dolls,

My plan, submitted here for discussion, is to change the party nights to a Friday night and move them to the Culter Mills Club, in Peterculter (the Tuesday venue). In particular, this would avoid the clash in October with the pre-comp party in Edinbugh...
    Franck.
    Been away so didn't see this thread till today. Yep I really like the Peterculter venue but would also agree that it would be better if it could be to at least 1am - 12 is far too early for us party animals

Sandy

B.T.C.
    Friday night at Culter should be great......if it's on till 1.00. I don't think numbers would be affected.

I'm sorry to bring it up yet again but the venue I'd like to change would be O'donoghues. Sorry to raise that again Franck but last night was very difficult and I only turned up half way through the Intermediate class.

I won't mention it again.......promise (unless someone else does first !)

Spoiler

Hate to put a dampener on things, but wouldn't the yokels be a problem? I mean they complain enough about the 10:30pm closing time, can you really see them opening the place until 12am, never mind 1am?

I realise they do have the odd band, but I'm under the impression that they aren't the most friendly neighbours.

Fear not, for I have a solution ...

You should invite them all to come and join in the fun and frolics (free of charge). This would then weed out the objectors and endear Ceroc to the immediate vicinity. Everyone's happy and the place is busier than a very busy place in busy season.

Originally posted by bill foreman
    Friday night at Culter should be great......if it's on till 1.00. I don't think numbers would be affected.

I'm sorry to bring it up yet again but the venue I'd like to change would be O'donoghues.
    I won't mention it again.......promise (unless someone else does first !)
    Yep I'm with you Bill. Please Franck can we have a better venue for a Thursday or another night somewhere else, the floor is an obstacle course! Not complaining, just requesting

Cheers

Sandy

Thread Information