Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's a girl thing

Does Ann Summers stuff have labels? Some people are more label-conscious than others. To suddenly spring Ann Summers lingerie on an unsuspecting husband might not be that subtle . . .

Originally posted by Chris
    Does Ann Summers stuff have labels? Some people are more label-conscious than others. To suddenly spring Ann Summers lingerie on an unsuspecting husband might not be that subtle . . .
    Ever heard of cutting labels out...?

Anyway, if he has time to check the label, it didn't work...

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You have an advantage Lory - I ain't a woman.
    Correct!

But if Ann Summers has started doing value for money that's new to me.
    I can assure you, I've looked everywhere and unless you want to spend £75 to £100 on a Rigby and Pella made to measure job, you'll be hard pushed to find something better, I mean in MY size and PRETTY! The average price in Ann Summers is about £28 and they don't fall apart!

There are stores that do such a better job at the same price or the same thing at a lower price. Try the fetish shop in Edinburgh's Cockburn Street (inc lingerie), or Joey D's in Broughton St Edinburgh (sexy stuff but not lingerie) or any number of excellent independents (there's some great ones in Glasgow but excuse me if I forget the names).

I don't know where you got the idea but I'm NOT looking for Fetish Wear!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I'll take your word for it. I was the only guy brave enough to offer a man's point of view on buying lingerie - the stuff about which shops was thrown in as an afterthought.

- cutting labels out is a bit tacky - sorry! And have you never heard of taking things slowly?

Originally posted by Lory
    I can assure you, I've looked everywhere and unless you want to spend £75 to £100 on a Rigby and Pella made to measure job, you'll be hard pushed to find something better, I mean in MY size and PRETTY! The average price in Ann Summers is about £28 and they don't fall apart!
    I have some very beautiful Rigby & Peller lingerie......and it's worth every penny...........but most of my purchases come from Bravissimo who operate via shops, catalogue and website (I think Heather purchases from them too). Unfortunately Ann Summers has nothing in my size......

Leaving labels in things where they interfere with the look (or pop out for all to see is IMO worse..

Guess I'm only label conscious to the extent that I need to know how to wash the pretty little things rather than getting hooked on brands. If it's quality and it fits and it looks good, I'll wear it!

And whether things are taken slowly or not...he STILL shouldn't be checking out my labels...

they have a brilliant size range! Much better than M&S, where the only bra's they do my in size, make me look like Matron off of a Carry On Film!
    Oh dear, you too Lory? I'll have to give the Ann Summers shop in town a browse now, always thought they just did the "behind closed doors" stuff.

I'm against brand snobbery but a lot of designer labels are expensive because they are also quality. It's good to know which IMHO. But we all have different tastes - mine were developed through my experiences and yours will be different. And of course you can dictate the terms to your men as to what they can look at!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Aleks
    I have some very beautiful Rigby & Peller lingerie......and it's worth every penny...........
    I also have a couple of special sets from there and YES they are worth it, especially if you've paid a lot of money for a dress, what you wear under it is very important, to the shape but in all honesty, I can't justify buying ALL my undies from there!

"If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I also have a couple of special sets from there and YES they are worth it, especially if you've paid a lot of money for a dress, what you wear under it is very important, to the shape but in all honesty, I can't justify buying ALL my undies from there!

Oh, but I can......I just can't seem to convince my boss to increase my salary to support my belief, especially as my undies mean nothing to him!

Deviating slightly from the thread but there is a girl I know who is a crew member for one of the southern England companies who works for that shop which I have not been in to yet and certainly not in to the over 18 section

I did make a joke to her and she said "Spare me the lingerie jokes, I get so many of them it get's boring "

I first got to know her during Mr. Lizard's drop class at stompin in Brighton when doing the usual drops she wagged her finger at me and said "Now look you ! stop enjoying yourself ) she particularly (dis)liked the move he teaches that comes where you hook the lady over your shoulder and just drag her off the dance floor!"
    Last edited by Jon L; 23rd-January-2004 at 03:58 PM.

The Forum Legend
    Oh, but I can......I just can't seem to convince my boss to increase my salary to support my belief, especially as my undies mean nothing to him!
    Have you shown them to him? With you in them?

I'm sure that'd change his mind

Steve

Originally posted by TheTramp
    Have you shown them to him? With you in them?

I'm sure that'd change his mind

Steve
    I wouldn't want to!

The Forum Legend
    I wouldn't want to!
    Not even to get a raise, so that you could buy more??

Steve

B.T.C.
    You have an advantage Lory - I ain't a woman. But if Ann Summers has started doing value for money that's new to me. From what I have seen they are to sexy clothing what Next is to business clothing - does the job but don't expect it to last.

I was really hoping some women would chip in on this. I can offer a man's viewpoint, but women invariably know better about where to go for women's clothes.

Nope you're not a woman Chris and neither am I and at the risk of appearing to be ' having a go ' I have to say it does seem unneccessary for a man to offer women advice on underwear - especially as so many men buy underwear for women which they either don't like ( tacky instead of sexy or even pretty) or the wrong size.

Anne Summers - having bought over Knickerbox does have a reasonable range now and the quality seems to be as good as many other stores. Much of their stock is still pretty dire - all the cheap and nasty nylon items but I know a few women who have bought really nice tops for dancing.

Like the idea of the shop in Brighton - I did buy a couple of nice pieces in a shop in Amsterdam last year so I assume it's the same kind of shop

One advantage of leaving the label on underwear is obviously that the man will know which size to buy. ..........although I know that some labels can spoil the look and get rather scratchy.

Originally posted by Bill
    Nope you're not a woman Chris and neither am I and at the risk of appearing to be ' having a go ' I . . .
    and what happened to your promise not to respond to my posts??? (cos you couldn't do so without being unpleasant as I seem to recall)

Hands off ears:

I was responding to a post from a woman asking about buying lingerie cos her partner wasn't buying any. As a man I think I'm entitled to an opinion, meant helpfully, on what turns a man on.

I wondered how long it would be before you had a go at me again - I suppose we all go merrily off outside again now . . .
    Last edited by Chris; 23rd-January-2004 at 05:16 PM.

memo to Billikins - please use 'Block' button - you don't like anything I say remember??

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    My favourite bra came from Ann Summers. It's not remotely tacky. I've had it and worn if for long enough for it to represent value for money, too.

Rachel, buying yourself nice underwear is an essential life pleasure , get out there and treat yourself, girl!

Originally posted by Bill
    - I did buy a couple of nice pieces in a shop in Amsterdam last year
    And were there models in the window of this shop, Bill?

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Emma
    Rachel, buying yourself nice underwear is an essential life pleasure , get out there and treat yourself, girl!
    Your sooo right Emma!

the pleasure us girls gets from having one of 'those' showers/baths, when we do ALL our bits and pieces, face packs, hair treatments, exfoliation, pumice our feet, shave legs underarms etc.........rub copious amounts of beautiful body lotion on, paint toe and finger nails then dab a little pufume on wrists and behind ears....

then to finally go and ruin it with BIG KNICKERS

RACHEL PLEASE!

Thread Information