Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's a girl thing

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Bardsey
    Can't wait.....oooh Andy can I come shopping with you please?
    Don't you have enough lingerie already ?

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Don't you have enough lingerie already ?
    What a silly question..there is no such thing as enough lingerie, only too little storage

Originally posted by Emma
    What a silly question..there is no such thing as enough lingerie, only too little storage
    I have recently come to understand this...

What about SHOES?

Went on holiday recently with a bunch of people, one girl weighed 40kg, her luggage weighed 46kg

We found out it was the shoes, 23 pairs is this normal?

She explained every outfit needed different shoes, is this normal?

YES she did wear all her shoes at some point - so SCARY

This was for 8 days

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    Originally posted by Martin
    What about SHOES?
    Definitely....exactly the same. More so, if anything
    Went on holiday recently with a bunch of people, one girl weighed 40kg, her luggage weighed 46kg
    Yep, completely
    She explained every outfit needed different shoes, is this normal??
    Yes. You might as well accept it

Totally totally agree Emma,
    I myself have 33 bras, at the last count,one has to have bras with matching knickers, one has to have different bras for different cuts of tops, one has to have bras for different shapes that one wants,or to cover or reveal, cleavage bras, sports bras, halterneck bras, strapless bras,and one has to have bras that are just for the loved one to see without a top. I can see I don't have enough.
    Some people might say that its not the packaging, but whats underneath, but I just LOVE BRAs.

Oh , am I straying off the point of the thread-oops-sorry!
    Fruitcake

Definitely....exactly the same. More so, if anything
    Yep, completely [/b]Yes. You might as well accept it [/B]
    Lingerie, shoes....its just a girl thing....as Emma says, just accept it and move on!!!

PS Oh and Chocolate!

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

hee hee you have the storage problem to

Originally posted by fruitcake
    I myself have 33 bras, at the last count,one has to have bras with matching knickers, one has to have different bras for different cuts of tops, one has to have bras for different shapes that one wants,or to cover or reveal, cleavage bras, sports bras, halterneck bras, strapless bras,and one has to have bras that are just for the loved one to see without a top. I can see I don't have enough.

Me too You can NEVER have toooo much lingerie

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by fruitcake
    Some people might say that its not the packaging, but whats underneath, but I just LOVE BRAs.

Oh , am I straying off the point of the thread-oops-sorry!
    Fruitcake
    Hear Hear, will post bra count in morning.

B.T.C.
    Never met a woman who had enough underwear ( sounds better to say lingerie doesn't it ) and can understand that as I quite enjoy buying for myself ( men's not women's............ ). Must have about 35/40 pairs but thankfully don't have to spend money on matching bras!!

I enjoy shopping but attitude to underwear - as well as the choice available - is a real difference bwteen the sexes isn't it ? It's nice to buy a woman some new underwear and she'll really appreciate it but it's not quite the same receiving a pair of boxers or a t-shirt as a man

Any excuse to walk round the underwear section at M&S - or other high street store

Registered User DangerousCurves's Avatar
    Originally posted by Bill
    I enjoy shopping but attitude to underwear - as well as the choice available - is a real difference bwteen the sexes isn't it ? It's nice to buy a woman some new underwear and she'll really appreciate it but it's not quite the same receiving a pair of boxers or a t-shirt as a man

If this is a really heartfelt plea to spice up your underwear drawer I could tell you of a wonderful place in Brighton, where its an absolute pleasure to buy mens scanties!

I have delighted (and surprised) a couple of my dancer pals with gifts from this shop....

Originally posted by DangerousCurves
    tell you of a wonderful place in Brighton, where its an absolute pleasure to buy mens scanties!
    where

sounds like a great place for pressies

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Registered User DangerousCurves's Avatar
    Originally posted by Minnie M
    where

I'll send you directions......xx

Hmm, now I have a real dilemma when it comes to lingerie. I've always had this mental thing that says you should not buy your own jewellery (way too self-indulgent) or underwear (not quite sure why ...!)

However, things are beginning to get to crisis point. It's probably been over 10 years since boyfriends/husband bought me any underwear .... So I'm now reduced to wearing what my mother buys for me at Christmas. Yes, you can imagine, can't you!!

Now Marc's all too ready to laugh at my so-called 'granny panties' etc etc. But can I get him to buy me any nice replacements??? No! So what do I do - keep on nagging him, or break a habit and buy my own stuff?

And where on earth do you start? I mean - do you buy 'sensible', or go all-out and buy the really sexy stuff that you really wish someone would buy for you? Somehow that doesn't seem right... Help!!!
    Rachel

The Forum Legend
    Or you could just give up on Marc, and get someone else to buy them for you

Steve

Originally posted by Martin

What about SHOES?

She explained every outfit needed different shoes, is this normal?

YES she did wear all her shoes at some point - so SCARY

This was for 8 days
    I think you really need to ask Lily about this subject!!!!

Heather,
    X

Go out and buy BOTH!!

I know where you're coming from, but too many years in singledom have forced me to think again... And once you start indulging yourself with some luvly stuff (and Marc sees the effect... ), you won't know when to stop!!

No doubt he'll catch on soon enough too..

Admit I am totally addicted now and my old sidecupboard moaned and groaned until finally falling apart under the strain of all this luvly gear (not kidding ). So got myself a new (bigger) one which is filling up nicely...

You'll need some comfy sensible stuff too, of course. Trust me, Bridget Jones would be v proud of the super-knickers I wear under my Strictly outfits. I mean, it's all about the laugh and TEASE in that context, NOT about showing off my goodies in public, is it...

But you'll find even the sensible ones have come a long way since your granny went shopping...

Try www.figleaves.com which is a good starting point for both sexy AND comfy. And Marc may find this more approachable than walking into a lingery shop, should he wish to reconsider...

And I can recommend the Brighton shop DC mentioned too

Go Rachel, GO SHOPPING!!

PS Can't believe my 1st posting on this forum is about lingery.... Tsk Tsk Tsk

Originally posted by Rachel
    Now Marc's all too ready to laugh at my so-called 'granny panties' etc etc. But can I get him to buy me any nice replacements??? No! So what do I do - keep on nagging him, or break a habit and buy my own stuff?

And where on earth do you start? I mean - do you buy 'sensible', or go all-out and buy the really sexy stuff that you really wish someone would buy for you? Somehow that doesn't seem right... Help!!!
    Rachel
    Buy your own, at least for starters.

A women's lingerie department can be a bit intimidating for a man. Lots of women waltzing about knowing exactly what they are doing, trying things on even and being quite casual about it, and the guy maybe has to ask basic questions from the female shop assistant - eek!*

Start off buying what you think is fab and sexy and beautiful - get quality (ie not Ann Summers, at least for starters). He will probably be tentatively appreciative, don't expect him to go wild (though if he does it's a bonus eh?) After a while (when your lingerie has become a reasonable topic of ordinary conversation - believe me it is a valid one) - try to find out what he finds the sexiest type of underwear. Black? White? Lacy? Plain? Don't rush out and buy it, but build that knowledge into your subsequent shopping trips.

*my funniest memory was as a young lad accompanying girlfriend to shop for linegrie, trying to merge in the background, not look like a perv, attempting to look cool and moving as silently as possible through the many stands of amazing finery. Suddenly my jacket caught on the end of a railing - it collapsed of course, bringing down hundreds of pounds of exotic laceries, and with a domino effect - oooer . . .

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Chris
    get quality (ie not Ann Summers, at least for starters).
    STOP RIGHT THERE!

I'm sorry Chris, you might know alot, about all sort of things BUT this IS A GIRL thing and I might tell you 'ANN SUMMERS' does some wonderful lingerie, not just over the top SEXY stuff but some very good quality, pretty stuff too!

AND they have a brilliant size range! Much better than M&S, where the only bra's they do my in size, make me look like Matron off of a Carry On Film!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Originally posted by Lory
    STOP RIGHT THERE!

I'm sorry Chris, you might know alot, about all sort of things BUT this IS A GIRL thing and I might tell you 'ANN SUMMERS' does some wonderful lingerie, not just over the top SEXY stuff but some very good quality, pretty stuff too!

AND they have a brilliant size range! Much better than M&S, where the only bra's they do my in size, make me look like Matron off of a Carry On Film!
    You have an advantage Lory - I ain't a woman. But if Ann Summers has started doing value for money that's new to me. From what I have seen they are to sexy clothing what Next is to business clothing - does the job but don't expect it to last.

There are stores that do such a better job at the same price or the same thing at a lower price. Try the fetish shop in Edinburgh's Cockburn Street (inc lingerie), or Joey D's in Broughton St Edinburgh (sexy stuff but not lingerie) or any number of excellent independents (there's some great ones in Glasgow but excuse me if I forget the names).

As high street shops go, A.S. is not too bad, and yes they have some nice stuff, but I think it's overpriced (but I may be wrong). M&S was in terminal decline for a while regarding lingerie but I hear they've improved a bit again since they got the new designers in. The point about sizes is an excellent one though - you've got me there.

I was really hoping some women would chip in on this. I can offer a man's viewpoint, but women invariably know better about where to go for women's clothes.
    Last edited by Chris; 23rd-January-2004 at 02:36 PM.

Originally posted by Chris

I was really hoping some women would chip in on this. I can offer a man's viewpoint, but women invariably know better about where to go for women's clothes.
    Yes we do

I buy most my stuff from websites and a couple of trusted shops (PM me for details, ladies)

Don't think I have EVER bought anything from M&S (lingerie or otherwise) though some high street shops (John Lewis, House of Fraser) occassionally have something of note in their collection.

The most difficult thing I find is to find suitable Strictly outfits eg tantalising, but comfy to demo/dance in and not TOO revealing...remember the TEASE/CABARET factor counts. Would luv to find somehting "Chicago" style...

If any of you have any suggestions where to try, PLEASE let me know as the last outfit came from Copenhagen and that's a BIT too much out of my way

Thread Information