Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blackpool event in March

Blackpool event in March

Seem to have lost the link to the Blackpool event

Can someone please help as I would like to register for this event.

Cheers

Sandy x

The Dashing Moderator
    Hi Sandy,

I think it's http://www.chancetwodance.co.uk

David
    Love dance, will travel

Thanks!

Originally posted by DavidY
    Hi Sandy,

I think it's http://www.chancetwodance.co.uk

David
    Thanks David. I'm going to go online right now! I've already been given this address by fellow Cerocers and managed to lose it so must act right now!

Cheers

Sandy

Daphne
    Have heard a bit of rumbling about this one, anyone going from north of the border?

The Forum Legend
    Oh. Probably lots of people....

Steve

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by TheTramp
    Oh. Probably lots of people....

Steve
    Don't tell the dancers from Dundee. They win everything and they're very noisy

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Andy McGregor
    Okie. I promise not to tell any of them!! Honest!

Steve

Daphne
    Great, we should all get a bus!
    ......or maybe not, by the sounds of things there wouldn't be enough room for the trophies on the way home

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daphne
    Have heard a bit of rumbling about this one, anyone going from north of the border?

Hi Daphne,
    I have a 36 bedroom hotel booked, but it is nearly full up.
    If you are interested, pm me asap.
    Cost £21 for en-suite B&B. Late bar, own dance floor and Parking.
    5 mins walk from Winter Gardens.

TT x

ps. It is mostly a Scottish contingent, with the odd sassanack or two.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Too late!!!!!!! See you there Andy
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by Sheena
    Too late!!!!!!! See you there Andy
    Just got to say that I love the Avatar Sheena, really brilliant. Did Steve have anything to do with this one???

Sandy x

PS hopefully will see you in Blackpool!

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Sandy
    Did Steve have anything to do with this one???
    Possibly

Steve

I trust there will be the Scottish corner at the Blackpool comp. With flags and whooping to boot???

Great atmosphere in '03, hope it's a good one in '04.......... what am I saying, of course it'll be a great atmosphere....and who knows, this time round other people (south of the border-ers) might even try and enjoy themselves too.......... , they might go as far as clapping and cheering....one step at a time though eh

James.........

p.s. I am not jockanese before you start to moan

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Just received an e-mail from Keith, stating that the venue for the comp has now been changed to the Tower Ballroom, where the Sunday Tea Dance is also held.
    The Friday night party is still to be held in the Winter Garden but in the "Spanish Rooms".

"Travis" would seem to have upset the applecart by using the original venue
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Sheena
    "Travis" would seem to have upset the applecart by using the original venue
    How can Travis have booked the Winter Gardens??

There must have been a contract between C2D and the Winter Gardens for the rental of the building on the 6th. How did the Winter Gardens get out of that?

I hear that the Tower Ballroom is a lot smaller than the Winter Gardens. There's not enough room in the Winter Gardens for the number of people who want to do freestyle anyhow. Are the number of spaces going to be limited in anyway now?

Have to say, that my immediate impression is that I'm not sure I now want to go. I don't really have the money. Was really looking forward to the whole event. Not so sure now.

Are there any guarentees from C2D that the whole event will still run as well with the move?

Steve

Commercial Operator
    How can Travis have booked the Winter Gardens??
    There must have been a contract between C2D and the Winter Gardens for the rental of the building on the 6th. How did the Winter Gardens get out of that?
    If you'd like it from the horses mouth here is the link to the C2D website.

The question about how the venue got out of their commitment to C2D is still unanswered though

If the C2D team need legal advice I could put them in touch with a barrister who goes to MJ who'd probably advise them for free - I won't mention her name here as she might be inundated with requests for advice.
    I hear that the Tower Ballroom is a lot smaller than the Winter Gardens. There's not enough room in the Winter Gardens for the number of people who want to do freestyle anyhow. Are the number of spaces going to be limited in anyway now?
    So, does anyone know what the capacity of the Tower Ballroom is? Are the numbers going to be limited? What is the size of the Spanish rooms mentioned on the website.
    Are there any guarentees from C2D that the whole event will still run as well with the move?
    It's still the same team so I have no doubts about the quality of management on the day.
    Have to say, that my immediate impression is that I'm not sure I now want to go. I don't really have the money. Was really looking forward to the whole event. Not so sure now.
    I do have the money to pay for us to go but it still takes a great deal of organising for me and Sue to be away for 2 nights with 3 school age children.

I'm thinking like Steve. I've got travel and accommodation to book, rehearsals to organise, music to get sorted, partners to practice with, costumes to make/put together, mad ideas as yet unborn in my twisted butterfly mind, etc. And now I'm having second thoughts too

I think we need a bit more information than we've been given on the C2D website. How big are these 2 alternative venues, how will these changes affect everything? Anyone know any more? You never know, it might be a great adventure

The Forum Legend
    If you'd like it from the horses mouth here is the link to the C2D website.

It's still the same team so I have no doubts about the quality of management on the day.

I'm thinking like Steve. I've got travel and accommodation to book, rehearsals to organise, music to get sorted, partners to practice with, costumes to make/put together, mad ideas as yet unborn in my twisted butterfly mind, etc. And now I'm having second thoughts too

I think we need a bit more information than we've been given on the C2D website. How big are these 2 alternative venues, how will these changes affect everything? Anyone know any more? You never know, it might be a great adventure
    The website doesn't really say much (I'd already looked at it before posting). Just says that the change is going to happen. Doesn't say why, or how the change will affect anything.

I hope that no-one took my comment to be about the people who run the competition. They have run 3 fantastic events up to now. My question was to do with the change of size in the venue, and whether it can still be possible to run an event of the same standard as previous years.

It may well be just as fantastic. However, I really think that more information (especially around size of dancefloor and numbers attending) needs to be given. And it would be interesting to find out how the Winter Gardens managed to break the contract.

Steve

The only measurements i could find were of the Empress Ballroom (Winter Gardens) and the Spanish Room (Winter Gardens).

I didnt go to the tower last time but im guessing from all the hype in the articles online about the Winter Gardens that the tower isnt as big as the Empress.

Spanish

Dimensions
    Length = 24m (78' 9")
    Width = 19.5m (63' 11")
    Height = 12.8m (42 feet)

Empress

Dimensions
    Length = 48.4m (158' 6")
    Width = 24m (88')
    Height = 19.35m (63' 6")

Why was the email from Peter PJ Kershaw <peterkershaw@connectfree.co.uk>

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

This sounds like gutting news. I feel really sorry for the C2D team apart from anything else. They put on such a good event every year and to have this done to them just sucks!

Thinking positively about what we can do, it's nice to see that someone has already suggested a source of legal advice should it be appropriate.

However my 4 main pieces of advice to dancers UK wide are :-

1. Go to the event regardless and support what will surely still be a fantastic weekend!

2. BOYCOTT TRAVIS :reallymad, buy no more of there albums or singles, attend no more of there gigs, and burn any music of theirs that might currently be in your possession.

3. All Ceroc/MJ DJ's must immediately remove any travis tracks from your play lists. Never again should a Travis :reallymad track sully the ears of UK dancers.

4. Everyone lookout for venues where future Travis :reallymad gigs are to be held and ring up the venue owners and try to gazzump their booking and hold a Lucky Dip competition instead! (Obviously this task falls to the more wealthy among us)

:reallymad :reallymad :reallymad :reallymad :reallymad :reallymad

Thread Information