Thread: Glasgow Party 10th jan

Commercial Operator

Talking Glasgow Party 10th jan

Thought I'd give a mention to a SCOTTISH event .........
    Mrs D & me went along the M8 to the Henry Wood Hall last night for the Monthly Glasgow party. Wasn't as busy as it could have been, but hey...why worry about quantity when you've got all that quality ...quite a healthy smattering of forumites there, and got some fabby dances......Heather , Wendy, The Lovely Linda..( nice to have you back Linda )...Aleks..Twinkle Toes.....to name but a few....and got more than one dance with them as well And CJ on the decks...playing those old familiar standards.....good to see you again Bob....you've been awfully quiet recently .........and Mrd D says she got some fab dances too..(don't know if that includes me )...a great night overall

Re: Glasgow Party 10th jan

Originally posted by Dance Demon
    Mrs D & me went along the M8 to the Henry Wood Hall last night for the Monthly Glasgow party. Wasn't as busy as it could have been, but hey...why worry about quantity when you've got all that quality ...quite a healthy smattering of forumites there, and got some fabby dances......Heather , Wendy, The Lovely Linda..( nice to have you back Linda )...Aleks..Twinkle Toes.....to name but a few....and got more than one dance with them as well And CJ on the decks...playing those old familiar standards.....good to see you again Bob....you've been awfully quiet recently .........and Mrd D says she got some fab dances too..(don't know if that includes me )...a great night overall
    Totally agree DD. FC and I went along aswell. And like you say, even though it wasn't as busy as it normally is, it was a great night anyway. In fact, with there being a bit more space, I think it made for some better dances.

So thankyou to all the fantastic ladies who I danced with...

James....

An Eclectic Toaster
    Must admit I was tempted to stay longer, but it was also a friend's birthday party that night so I had to leave early. I was especially pleased with the space on the floor, having had the honour of partnering Mairi on that stage for the class. All the bits of the stage kept moving! It's like trying to dance on one of those puzzles made up of sliding squares

And it was great to see Chicklet again

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    Originally posted by Stuart M
    It's like trying to dance on one of those puzzles made up of sliding squares
    Hee hee...we have a stage like that at Greenwich..have to keep rushing round and shoving the blocks back together before we lose a teacher or demo down a chiasm!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    I missed it Bloomin' football, bloomin' hospitality suites
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Glasgow Party

Must add my two pence worth!! Had a great time yesterday. Well worth the journey to Glasgow, but SO glad it was James driving back!
    Didn't bother me that it wasn't as busy as usual - more room on the dance floor, although it was quite slippy in places.
    Great to see CJ on the decks, playing mostly great tracks (a couple of suspect ones though - The Darkness ).
    Lots of wonderful dances with all my favourite men, and a fab dance with Aleks!!!

Heather,
    X

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: Glasgow Party

Originally posted by Heather
    a couple of suspect ones though - The Darkness
    Careful there Heather - Em might hear you
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Re: I thought that......

I had a great time - so much room on the dancefloor.

Heather is just being kind.......
    I had fab dances with Lindsay too.

Mr Hancock - hope your foot has recovered .

See you all again on Friday at the new venue Route66!

Mrs D & me went along the M8 to the Henry Wood Hall last night for the Monthly Glasgow party,and got some fabby dances......Heather , Wendy, The Lovely Linda..( nice to have you back Linda )...Aleks..Twinkle Toes.....to name but a few....and got more than one dance with them as well And CJ on the decks...playing those old familiar standardsand Mrd D says she got some fab dances too..(don't know if that includes me )...a great night overall
    Absolutely fabulous!!!!My first party since I got back from the WONDERFUL land of OZ. It was great! Thankyou all for the great welcome back,the hugs, kisses and fab dances.

Linda

B.T.C.

Thought I'd give a mention to a SCOTTISH event

Funny DD I was thinking of posting something about Scotland here as well seing as how most of the threads seem to be about English events. Nothing wrong with that at all.......... but nice to read about a Scottish night. ( wonder when the first Hipsters comment will appear..................... oops.... )

My first visit to Hendry Wood Halls and had a great night, but like Heather i'm glad i wasn't the one driving home, it was a tad stormy. Was it just me or is the hall floor a bit slippy?

Blog Entries
    Lovely to see you too Toaster Boy...and everyone else!!

First dance in weeks and weeks and weeks, felt really weird but I remembered a couple of moves, and I even got D's over the head thing after a couple of complete wronguns..(12th time lucky possibly!!!!).

Yes it was slippy, but I have to admit I prefer it that way to sticky and wasn't it just fabby to hear Son of Hickery Holler's Tramp!!!!

Commercial Operator
    Nice to see you again Chickie....you're looking as lovely as ever
    see on Friday at R66 perhaps?...

Commercial Operator
    Nice to see you again Chickie....you're looking as lovely as ever
    I knew it was slippy, but was it THAT dark?!? I heard there was a lot of darkness about, but didn't think that was what you meant.

Sorry, peeps, we'll get it sorted for the next one!!

Actually, the next one is on "Valey" night (Feb 14th for southerners) so if lights are kept that low, maybe even Stewart38's "friend" will have a chance!!!!

Commercial Operator
    Dark & slippy-just the way I like it
    A bit of track editing CJ- what was that one with the repitition you put in??
    Thanks for all the nice dances...!

Thread Information