Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the good men ?

Where are all the good men ?

A female ceroc friend who is not on this forum (hasn't the time she says) said the following re Windor ceroc

"Love life crap - non-existent, and last Wed all old men asked me for dances and horrible. So fed up! "

Is this a new thing ? (she is 30)

Re: Where are all the good men ?

Wouldn't that depend on why she attends this venue....?

Most male dancers in Edinburgh/Scotland are older than me (until next Fri I am the same age as your friend) but I still have a fabulous time.

I could lend her azande - he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's a lovely gentle dancer (and he's under 35!).

Commercial Operator
    I was there on wednesday i was practicing but she only has to ask I know of three or four others that were there. why dont ladies come and ask anymore
    who they scared of I always get your to good to ask but thats crap we all want to dance with new people
    I thought that was the idea of social dancing

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: Re: Where are all the good men ?

Originally posted by Aleks
    I could lend her azande - he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's a lovely gentle dancer (and he's under 35!).
    Don't you dare!!!!!!!! We need to keep Azande here thankyou
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Commercial Operator

Originally posted by Aleks
    (until next Fri I am the same age as your friend) but I still have a fabulous time.
    wow Aleks....is it really a year since your fab 30th party?.....

Anyway...who wouldn't have a great time dancing with you....

Where are all the good men ?

I'm here.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Originally posted by stewart38
    A female ceroc friend ......../snip/........said the following re Windor ceroc

"Love life crap - non-existent, and last Wed all old men asked me for dances and horrible. So fed up! "

Am sorely tempted to just answer "no" - you get shallow, rude people, like your friend, at every venue once in a while"

and what does it mean - "asked me for dances and horrible?" They were horrible dances or they were horrible old men or it was horrible that old men asked her to dance?

And what's old - 32,38,41,50,60,75?

Originally posted by Simon r
    I was there on wednesday i was practicing but she only has to ask ......./snip/.....we all want to dance with new people

Does your friend ever ask men to dance?

Originally posted by Neil
    I'm here
    Great reply Neil - but "here" is too far from Scotland - when are you coming up to the Beach Ballroom?

Stewart, if your friend looks as grumpy and critical, as your quote from her suggests, then I'm not sure I'd ask her to dance either.

At every venue I go to I get asked to dance by men who are older than me (and yes Graham, they do exist ) and have a wonderful time dancing with them, as wonderful as I do dancing with younger men and men of exactly the same age.
    I also ask people to dance - I'm not gonna sit out if there's a great record playing

I'm sure there are lots of fabulous men at Ceroc Windsor - in fact, that should be our mission now girls - to get down there and show Stewart's friend how wrong she is

Simon - directions and details please
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by Sheena

Does your friend ever ask men to dance?
    Have to agree with Sheena on this one. It's not just men that can ask women to dance. And in fairness most women just do ask.
    But it's not right, Stewart, for your friend to moan about not getting any 'good' dances if she's not willing to put in some effort to find them herself. I know of many good men out there that would be glad of a dance, but not if they were described as old and horrible.........

Originally posted by stewart38
    A female ceroc friend who is not on this forum (hasn't the time she says) said the following re Windor ceroc

Well, I had the same problem when I first started, yes I was honoured to be asked to dance by anyone, and grateful, but after a few weeks I fancied some variety, now I just GRAB men,all ages as they come off the dance floor
    So my own advice would be...don't wait to be asked, walk on the dance floor as the dance finishes and grab whoever you want, but don't leave the older gents out, they would like to dance with all ages too!
    Fruitcake

Originally posted by fruitcake
    So my own advice would be...don't wait to be asked, walk on the dance floor as the dance finishes and grab whoever you want, but don't leave the older gents out, they would like to dance with all ages too!
    Fruitcake
    Our class here is still small enough that its easy to get to know folk and just ask them up, but last Nov I was in London and didn't know many. My friend said I would get asked up for more dances than her, but I didn't think so as she is prettier. But I was - I think for the simple reason that I stood at the edge of the dance floor smiling and she went and sat down behind a table.

On the age thing, if you are going to try and find romance then I suppose you might want partners closer to your own age, but if you are going to dance, then surely the age doesn't matter. If you are there to dance then I think a smile and genuine enjoyment of the dance are more important than when a guy was born.

Re: Re: Re: Where are all the good men ?

Originally posted by Lynn

On the age thing, if you are going to try and find romance then I suppose you might want partners closer to your own age, but if you are going to dance, then surely the age doesn't matter. If you are there to dance then I think a smile and genuine enjoyment of the dance are more important than when a guy was born.
    I agree, but if someone is looking for romance, and that is the sole reason she is there, she may not find it, shame, but flirtations can be nice, of any age, and have fun too.
    I sometimes ask people who are complete strangers-how else do you get to know them, and men can be shy too, of any age.

Fruitcake

Nail on the Head!!!

I reckon you two have hit the nail on the head - the lady in question has just stated that her'love life was crap' .
    Well she's not the only one in THAT particular boat, but if the ONLY reason she is going along to Ceroc is to find romance then she's wasting her time and there under false pretences.
    Maybe the lady in question needs to lighten up a little bit and see the dances with 'older' men for what they are - JUST DANCES!!!! I dance with older and youger men all the time, I certainly ain't kidding myself on, that one day I'll find the perfect man of my dreams at Ceroc, but I certainly intend to enjoy every minute of my evening dancing and meeting lots of male and female friends.

PS. Sorry your friend has such a pessimistic view of dancing, it's not the be all and end all to have a man in your life, sometimes they are more bother than they are worth

Sorry, cannae resist replying to this one, I would not go as far as to say men are sometimes more bother than they are worth....i have to say BOYFRIENDS are extremely hard work for me, but thats just me!Men as friends and dancing partners are GREAT.
    But as I've previously mentioned, my philosophy would change if Brad Pitt turns up....sorry(hippocrite)
    Fruitcake

Originally posted by Sheena
    but "here" is too far from Scotland - when are you coming up to the Beach Ballroom?
    I'll make a big effort to get to the one next month, after failing to turn up to the last one

Neil

As with anything romance can strike at anytime where ever you are. So it could happen at a ceroc venue but as they say if you look for it you won't find it.

I too am in the same boat of wanting to meet people my own age or younger for a relationship but at most venues the majority of people tend to be older. But I also love dancing and go to venues to dance, have fun and make friends with people of any age. If one day she walks in then it's fate.

Just had a thought given the number of people registered on the forum, prehaps this website could be expanded to allow people to search for other people looking for:

Dance Partners or Dating Partners.

Originally posted by Jon
    Just had a thought given the number of people registered on the forum, prehaps this website could be expanded to allow people to search for other people looking for:

Dance Partners or Dating Partners.
    That is such a cool idea, ceroc singles chat room might be a good idea ,I personally would like Brad Pitt to be my plaything....!!!! ( wonder if he does ceroc?)Fruitcake

I personally would like Brad Pitt to be my plaything....!!!! ( wonder if he does ceroc?)
    Strangely enough, he came to a Nottingham freestyle once. He was complete rubbish. Couldn't even do an arm jive properly. All the women went right off him.

Neil

Originally posted by Neil
    Strangely enough, he came to a Nottingham freestyle once. He was complete rubbish. Couldn't even do an arm jive properly. All the women went right off him.

Neil
    Well, Neil, ALL men require SOME training, we can't expect Brad to be any different,but I will take that task on myself, honestly, no problem......

ALL men require SOME training, we can't expect Brad to be any different,but I will take that task on myself, honestly, no problem
    OK, next time I see my mate Brad I'll tell him you've volunteered to give him some intensive one-on-one tuition. Very noble of you

Neil

Thread Information