Thread: New Year - New Broom?

New Year - New Broom?

I arrived earlier for a change. The Ceroc class were doing individual footwork exercises, sort of line dance style. Has the teacher been replaced by an evil clone? Apparantly not.

There is a teacher update coming up. A few venues have been told to trial warm up exercises before the beginners class and gather reaction.

These exercises are combined with footwork aimed at improving the mens style.

Allegedly HQ are also considering changing the set of beginners moves so there is less spinning for the ladies.

It might help if we state how long we have being doing Ceroc in any responses here. These changes are for raw beginners after all.

I'm puzzled as to what type of footwork you could introduce to beginners that's not salsa; I don't think that any footwork needs to be introduced except to move your body on certain moves (which is/should be taught with the move) or a basic "don't run away from your partner".

The beginner moves are a sort of "warm-up" IMHO.

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Re: New Year - New Broom?

Originally posted by bigdjiver
    There is a teacher update coming up. A few venues have been told to trial warm up exercises before the beginners class and gather reaction.

These exercises are combined with footwork aimed at improving the mens style.

This could be quite a positive thing for the ladys also, lots of beginner ladys ask me about style at which I tell them you have your own style which will develop in time. But if these warm up exercises as you called them hit off maybe it will equally help the males and females find there rythum!!

Re: New Year - New Broom?

Originally posted by bigdjiver

Allegedly HQ are also considering changing the set of beginners moves so there is less spinning for the ladies.

WHY ? The ladies don't need the moves dumbing down - do we girls? Perhaps a wee spinning warmup at the beginning might help. Anyway we ladies are experts at spinning, especially all the Dundonians , just put it down to all the jute mills, we've been spinning since the dawn of history!!!

Heather,
    X

Re: Re: New Year - New Broom?

Originally posted by Heather
    WHY ? The ladies don't need the moves dumbing down - do we girls? Perhaps a wee spinning warmup at the beginning might help. Anyway we ladies are experts at spinning, especially all the Dundonians , just put it down to all the jute mills, we've been spinning since the dawn of history!!!
    Allegedly HQ wants us to to have warm up exercises, and introduce a new style of footwork for the men. The (half) windmill and the Yo-Yo are set to disappear, and we are going to have a right handed man-spin. (I tried that in freestyle Friday night, but I span the ladies too )

I, for one, am going to try and get down to the start of the beginners class on Monday.

As for the Dundee Jute mills, my mother suffered from emphysia (lung damage) all of her adult life as a consequence of them.

Thread Information