Thread: Ceroc Fleet

Ceroc Fleet

Hi, Great night at Fleet last night, class from Dan the Man who made a flying visit, The venue looked great, well done to Simon and crew.
    We was meant to finish at 1.00 played last track at 2.10
    Glad I did not have to clear it all up
    Happy New Year

Re: Ceroc Fleet

Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
    Glad I did not have to clear it all up
    I did
    It was 3.30 by the time we had finished clearing up......

Thanks to Pete for playing a stonking set, and thanks to everyone else that came down. Sorry I didn't have time to dance with all of you

Re: Re: Ceroc Fleet

Originally posted by RobC
    Thanks to Pete for playing a stonking set
    Hear hear

It was a great night - first time for ages I went home with sore feet from dancing, there were so so many great dancers there (and I got a dance with Rob C - thank you )

Great funky dance with Tony smooth & sexy with Chris A and I even got to dance with LL on the stage, he was great as usual

Always like dancing with Spindctr - such a good dancer (not a lot a people know that )

Not forgetting Birthday Boy - we did some music interpretation and some new move thanks Steve

Would like to mention more of my wonderful dances but would only bore you all with a long post - thank you all

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Advanced Jive Class this Thursday

While we may not have Nigel & Nina teaching at Fleet anymore, that's not to say that we are stopping the monthly advanced classes on the 1st thursday of the month.

Coming up this thursday (8th Jan) we have Mick Wenger coming down to teach the advanced jive class in lieu of the usual intermediate class. We also have a new beginners lindy hop class starting at 7.45pm.

For more details, see the new Ceroc Plus website or PM me.

I do like the new Ceroc Plus website - it is advertising more than one sort of dance (even if Lindy isn't my personal interest, it seems a nice step forward as far as the Ceroc UK image is concerned). It might well be a special case (existing Jive Bug format?) but it suggests that the Ceroc corporation as it were embraces DANCE as opposed to a single type of dance. On such small moves great things might be built.

Commercial Operator
    I've just had a look at the site. One interesting development is that the dances taught are described as 'modern jive' and 'lindy hop'. Does this mean that 'Ceroc' is now the name of the company rather than the style of dance.

If Ceroc are going to teach other styles of dance this must happen. To leave things as they are would be like having a company called 'Waltz' teaching 'quickstep' and 'cha-cha'. Who would say 'I went to a waltz night to learn quickstep'?

Interesting times

Saturday Freestyle

Freestyle Evening in Fleet

This saturday (17th Jan) we have our 'monthly' saturday freestyle in Fleet. Doors open at 8.30 pm. Admission £8 (£6 students).

We will be starting the evening with a 'fun class' 8.45 - 9.15pm and then freestyle through until midnight when free tea/coffee/biscuits are served.

See the CEROC Plus website for more details.

This month's fun class will be a reverse-roles class taught by myself and Debi

Commercial Operator

Re: Saturday Freestyle

This month's fun class will be a reverse-roles class taught by myself and Debi

Does this mean you're both dancing as men?

Re: Saturday Freestyle

This saturday (17th Jan) we have our 'monthly' saturday freestyle in Fleet. Doors open at 8.30 pm. Admission £8 (£6 students).

We will be starting the evening with a 'fun class' 8.45 - 9.15pm
    Sorry, correction to that - Doors open at 8.15pm with the fun class 8.30 - 9.00pm.

And spinning the discs for us, we have the fabulous Peter Philips (the Lounge Lizard himself)

CerocPlus

Any one going to Fleet tonight ?

I'm going with my mate Kate (swing dancer) and looking forward to it - DJ is Peter (LL) so the music will be good

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Re: CerocPlus

Originally posted by Minnie M
    Any one going to Fleet tonight ?

I'm going with my mate Kate (swing dancer) and looking forward to it - DJ is Peter (LL) so the music will be good
    Hope you had a good night over there all. Sorry I couldn't be with you, but I was with Colin Shaul in Ashtead (which is really close to my house - 4 miles). He got a superb turn out and deserves to after his performance last Sunday at Bognor - that set he played that night was a stormer !

Jon

Re: Re: CerocPlus

Originally posted by Jon L
    ..........Colin Shaul in Ashtead (which is really close to my house - 4 miles). He got a superb turn out and deserves to after his performance last Sunday at Bognor - that set he played that night was a stormer !
    Really really pleased Colin had a good night, felt a little disloyal not supporting him and he does play great music

We had a fab time in fleet - Peter did us proud - FANTASTIC SET !

Had really great dances with Rob C, Spindr and Mr. Cool (Chris A) and even had a great dance with LL on the stage

Kate asked me to thank all the above for her wonderful dances with you guys too She is primarily a swing dancer but enjoys dancing with GOOD dancers - thank you again on her behalf (it means she might come out with me more)

--ooOoo--

Re: Re: Re: CerocPlus

Originally posted by Minnie M
    Had really great dances with Rob C, Spindr and ChrisA and even had a great dance with LL on the stage
    Yes, it was a good night - but a big mistake for me to have gone. I'd been ill all week, felt better yesterday, decided to go dancing, felt ok during the evening - but the exertion brought my cough back big time, so I had a terrible night, and a splitting headache from all the coughing for much of today - so missed Amir's tea dance

Finally feeling better, and the cough seems to be abating, but this obsessive dancing when not quite fit for it has its downside.

Ceroc Plus is Closed next week

CLOSED next week
    Ceroc Plus in Fleet will be closed next thursday (10th June) due to the local elections.

Rest assured that we will be back to normal again the following thursday (and you might even see me teaching as well !)

Commercial Operator

Re: Ceroc Plus is Closed next week

Quote Originally Posted by RobC
    CLOSED next week
    Ceroc Plus in Fleet will be closed next thursday (10th June) due to the local elections.
    Funnily enough, Rocsters venue, which is The Shoreham Centre, Pond Road, Shoreham by Sea,
    IS OPEN
    next Thursday - 10th June If anyone would like to come who usually goes to Fleet I would like to invite them as my guest - when you speak to the door person use the pass phrase "I usually go to Fleet where that fantastic dancer Rob Coward teaches" and you will be let in for free.

But please don't tell everyone as I've got rent to pay

N.B. The Shoreham Centre is usually used for counting the votes in the election but this time the count is being done elsewhere and on Friday morning. We have a very sensible council who wouldn't stand in the way of a decent night dancing.

And, for those of you that know I am a Councillor - after next Thursday I won't be any more. I'm taking a break from politics as I'm busy with work and family
    Last edited by Andy McGregor; 6th-June-2004 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    Funnily enough, Rocsters venue, which is The Shoreham Centre, Pond Road, Shoreham by Sea,
    IS OPEN
    next Thursday - 10th June If anyone would like to come who usually goes to Fleet I would like to invite them as my guest - when you speak to the door person use the pass phrase "I usually go to Fleet where that fantastic dancer Rob Coward teaches" and you will be let in for free.

But please don't tell everyone as I've got rent to pay[/i]

I think it an insult that regulars who attend have to pay but those who happen to come from Fleet with a nice "phrase" get in for free.. come on Andy, be fair.. one rule for all .. All pay or all free... You're starting to sound just like Jeff Jasper now with the freebies... Not exactly a distinguished path to follow

Re: Ceroc Fleet

Funnily enough, more people turned up at Shoreham when they had to pay compared with the week before when it was free!!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    I think it an insult that regulars who attend have to pay but those who happen to come from Fleet with a nice "phrase" get in for free.. come on Andy, be fair.. one rule for all .. All pay or all free... You're starting to sound just like Jeff Jasper now with the freebies... Not exactly a distinguished path to follow
    Mikey is on my ignore list (he is the only one!). I usually don't bother to look at Mikey's posts but I thought this one might be having a dig at me - and I was right

I let the regulars in for free the week before last, we had a great night and Sue and I were even bought a drink by one greateful regular we were driving so had to stop there.

I don't expect many people to come from Fleet, it is a long way to drive and will use up a lot of very expensive petrol - I've said they can come in for free as they'll already have gone to some considerable expense to be there: so it would still be an expensive night for them. And, in my opinion, if people come from Fleet they will enrich the night (especially if some of their fab dancers like Marilene, Tas, Adam, Simon and Rob come) and make it more fun for those that do pay - who, as I said, had a free night 2 weeks ago.

I'm just trying to be nice and friendly it takes a certain mentality to find fault with that

And, on the subject of Jeff Jasper, he has some very successful nights and, although it pains me to say so, not everything he does is wrong

Thread Information