Thread: Breeze aftermath thread

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Breeze aftermath thread

Surprised there's no thread already on this. You can't all still be asleep...

How was it?

Re: Breeze aftermath thread

Some comments elsewhere:-

http://www.southernjive.co.uk/forum/...pic.php?t=1670.

I doubt there is much different, apart from the weather changing from year to year.

The only significant thing that might have changed could be a different mix due to a clashing WCS event.

As can be seen from the online schedules Ceroc DJs and Ceroc teachers change incrementally for better or worse.

Normal characteristics are:-

Relatively more women than other weekends.

Doesn't tend to sell out so will be less busy than other major Ceroc weekends
    (or put another way there should be more space to dance)

Slow Ceroc competition (with perhaps a couple or two dancing blues).

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    Normal characteristics are:-

Relatively more women than other weekends.

Doesn't tend to sell out so will be less busy than other major Ceroc weekends
    (or put another way there should be more space to dance)
    It sold out this year but NOT, IMHO overcrowded

One class I attended, had men over , another had only one lady over.

The tango classes did however have a lot of women over

I had a great time and will be going again

Magic dance, early Sunday evening- lady with long blonde hair and very little else

It was a fantastic weekend.
    Lots of magic outside dancing in hot sunny weather..
    I spent the entire time outside on the terrace or in the blues room - didn't dance the main room at all.. and there were some stonking sets from all the DJs..
    Having the Blues comp attracts lots of great dancers... my first 10 dances on the Friday were all so exeptional, I remember saying to a friend that if I'd gone home then, it would have still been worth it! So that set the scene for a fantastic weekend.
    The Lucky Dip was really good fun. The Open winners were Ben Davies and Emily Attwood - nice to see young blood rising to the top!
    I think having the MSO on the same weekend actually helped as it wasn't taken over by west coast as so often happens now.
    Other personal pluses were reuniting with lots of friends from Medfest, getting Mark Kerr in the lucky dip and getting an extra bedroom and free electricity in our chalet!!

The only negative was not being able to work my key, hence wasting an hour at 5am one morning before I could get in and go to bed, and another day having to hang out the window and pass my key to a random stranger to open it from outside..
    oh - and the pain!! I am really trying to learn to sit down more - but my poor poor feet were suffering big time!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with everything Carol said I personally don't think that having the MSO on the same weekend had a negative affect, apart from the fact, my best friend went to that, instead of Breeze

But the upside of that was, my sister came instead and it was fabulous experiencing a weekender through totally fresh eyes once more.
    She was like a kid on Christmas day and her enthusiasm and excitement was infectious.

Obviously the weather was a huge bonus and it does help to elevate the whole atmosphere.

We had a club chalet, which was clean and near to the venue but they're definitely smaller than other sites and I wished I'd got one facing the other way around, as just as I was going to bed, the sun started shining directly in my room. Argggg

Rocky's set on Sunday afternoon was the highlight of my weekend!! Those couple of hours had every ingredient I love ... Dancing outside in the sun.. Old school classics (that I know every word to)... happy smiling faces.. Bacardi's and cokes flowing.. great dancing and much silliness!

Also, I have to say apart from 'one set', I loved all the music. Mike Sailsman, Marc and Rachel, John Baker and Oxo's all excelled themselves

I sent my sister off to the fast room on Sunday night, as I thought she should experience it and she came back raving how awesome it was and even tried drag me back over but I'd had it by that point (she'll learn lol)

Roll on SP (I'm praying for good weather)
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A VERY small taster of the weekend

MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Thread Information