Thread: Ceroc Scotland 10th Anniversary Championships 2011

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Ceroc Scotland 10th Anniversary Championships 2011

So, here I am, wide awake (when I should still be sleeping) after the most amazing weekend. If you don't like the gushy posts, then I suggest you stop reading now

This has been, without doubt, the best Champs we have had, and I think in no small part due to the fun and generosity of spirit brought to the event, by you all. The last minute entries, adding to the events, while maintaining the competitive element.

There are so many people involved in bringing the event together and all of them giving their services, and their time, freely and without question.

I'd like to thank the judges, as without them, nothing would work on the day. It's a long time to be on your feet, especially as Obi makes them arrive extra early. And this year, their job was even more difficult as the standard of dancing was incredible. I wouldn't have liked to have been trying to decide between the two cabarets, for example.

The door crew, always smiling and helpful and putting up with all my lists and OCD about the tables.

Obi and Laura, who work so efficiently and get those results posted so quickly, it often takes the competitors by surprise.

A special mention to both Michael Wadkins and Nicola Dundas, who made the trophies and the medals for the events. The skill involved and the finished articles are to be greatly admired, but I cannot thank them enough for the amount of time involved and the care and detail they put in for the event.

This year we asked Lory if she'd mind coming and taking some photos. She's worked so hard all weekend, and there's harder work ahead for her now, trying to upload everything. Thank you, can't wait to see your record of the weekend.

Chris Uren, Steve Lampert and Nicola Dundas (again) for DJ-ing. They did an amazing job! Great music!

Fitness Fashions for keeping the girls happy, by providing them with shoes to buy.

The Champs Children, who are always so well behaved, despite working hard and getting people to part with even more money. This year my special thanks for giving me the opportunity to dress as a Princess.

Franck, who (despite me giving him hassle and telling him to be quiet) does a great job hosting, even barefoot.
    The waffles on Sunday were fabulous, it was a brilliant Sunday of eating, chatting, relaxing and dancing but Franck had to wait until almost 3 before he managed to get a waffle for himself

And finally to you all, the dancers, competitors and spectators. To all of you who came, from near or far, and took part in the day, thank you for providing such a fabulous show of incredible dancing. And after all that, as always, we are handed back cheques from the prizewinners

I've still to empty the car, and start adding up all of the totals, but on the day we presented the Eileen McCallum Trust with £3224.50p which was the amount raised before 8pm on Saturday.
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Re: Ceroc Scotland 10th Anniversary Championships 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    £3224.50p
    An awesome amount

Sheena you forgot one name on the list of thank yous....

YOU!!

(Just had to be said )

Without you ruling us all with your twinkly fairy princess wand we would never have stayed on time. (Apart from all the before and after organisation you must go through). So Thank YOU Sheena

Brilliant time, I blame you entirely for my sore feet, but I was just enjoying myelf too too much :P

WT

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here's a little reminder of all the fun that was had!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Oh Lory slow down !!!

The Dashing Moderator

Smile Re: Ceroc Scotland 10th Anniversary Championships 2011

I was really glad I made the journey back up to the Scottish Champs.

I'd been a few times before, but the last time I went it was still being held in Musselburgh. So it was the first time I'd seen the venue, but I do like it. As another forumite mentioned at the time, it was good to see daylight rather than being stuck inside a dark room with no windows all day.

It was a good atmosphere and I was glad there was plenty of freestyle for those of us not competing (well not seriously, anyway).

As always, those of us from South of the border were given a warm, friendly welcome and it was good to get dances with people I don't see often enough.

I was struck by the patron of the charity saying how many coffee mornings it would take for their small charity to raise the kind of money that this event did - a lot of people gave their time and energies to help them.

I also enjoyed the tea dance on Sunday - a more relaxed vibe without the pressures of Saturday. And the famous waffles, of course.

Thanks to Sheena and Franck for organising it, Lory for the photos, and all the other folks who made it a fab event.

Here are the links to Lory's photos if anyone hasn't discovered them yet- but be warned you may spend a long time on these pages as they're very good:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4995.640654807
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5003.640654807
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5014.640654807
    Love dance, will travel

Lovely to see Lory's photos - really gave a good idea of what it was like - looks like a lot of fun had by a lot of people! Makes me want to visit Scotland again!

I think most of what I'd like to say has already been said. I had a brilliant time, and thought it was the best Scottish Competition I had been to. Thank you to everyone who made the day what it was

Sadly if you do not have a facebook account you cannot see the photos :<

Thread Information