Thread: Personal Statement for Uni

Personal Statement for Uni

My daughter is off to uni next year (sob) and she is in the process of writing her personal statement to help her get in.
    She is having some trouble starting it off so any ideas are welcome and much appreciated.
    Amy is looking to do Product Design Engineering at university next year so she would be very happy if any of you that have done similar degrees could get her started.
    Thank you

Re: Personal Statement for Uni

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D View Post
    My daughter is off to uni next year (sob) and she is in the process of writing her personal statement to help her get in.
    She is having some trouble starting it off so any ideas are welcome and much appreciated.
    Amy is looking to do Product Design Engineering at university next year so she would be very happy if any of you that have done similar degrees could get her started.
    Thank you
    My degrees were in totally different subject areas but I still have the most recent one (MA Librarianship) if you'd like me to dig it out. I might be able to find the one for my PhD as well, though that's less likely. Unfortunately the one for my undergraduate degree is lost in the mists of time...

What would probably be more helpful, though, is to look up some examples online. If you type 'ucas personal statement' into Google the first thing that comes up is the UCAS pages telling you what to include (if you haven't already seen these), and there are some pages with example statements on the first page of results as well. Hope this helps.

Re: Personal Statement for Uni

Thanks so much, she has looked at some examples online but the administrators are so strict these days that if you copy a tiny bit of someone's they will know as they scan it in to compare them.

If you have it handy she would appreciate that a lot!

Thanks for your help xx

Thread Information