Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Really? Most of the events he runs are either normal freestyles, chill out events or multi room events which are hardly new or 'interesting'. Richard and Jo who run Ceroc Fever looked at running an event at The Spinnaker Tower months before it appeared on KB's radar, which I think is probably the event you're referring to, (they actually live opposite it!) and decided it wasn't a good enough venue: it costs a fortune to park, the main room floor is very poor and the two upstairs room are tiny and only accessible by a lift, so there is no natural flow to the rooms - none of this seemed to bother him!
I fail to see your point. Richard and Jo of Ceroc Fever LOOKED at running an event and decided that it was a poor venue and decided not to use a particular venue. Somone else used that venue to run an event. They may or may not have lost money. If they lost money then they are putting themselves out of business. If they made money then they saw something in the venue that Ceroc Fever didn't although if it was as unfavoforable as you claim they will have trouble doing it again.

Or is the point that someone that dances in various organsations event uses these events to promote his events? You do not actually say that.

As for "interesting" new events. With so many creative minds around the country trying to come up with interesting events it must be getting harder to do something that someone, somewhere has not done. I would settle for a decent floor and some interesting music right now where I am. They do not seem to have even heard of modern jive (or even Ceroc) here in Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
His event in Winchester which has since been cancelled (L'Attitude) had the blues room in the entrance foyer! Interesting maybe, but hardly conducive to creating an intimate environment...
So, the guy cannot plan out a decent event. It doesn't sound like any organisers will need to worry about him for long then. So was it really worth the effort of getting together (something of a cosmic event in itself) when he is so poor an event organiser? This thread simultaneoulsy makes him sound like an irritiating flea and a hopeless oevent orgniser while at the same time the sledgehammer of this multi organisation national ban is reached for to crush him.

I don't know the guy or his events and heck, I am not even in the same country anymore but if anyone had a decent blues room that actually played real bllues music I wouldn't have cared one bit if it was in the kitchen. I had been getting fed up of going to things billed as "blues" rooms only to have two hours of dreary latin style music played to me.

As for Mr Bennet. either say why you have been banned and let us make our own minds up or just stop whining for sympathy for some injustice you won't tell us about. Did I mention that "vaguebooking" was something I hate?