Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2011

Re: Strictly Come Dancing 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    Since Alesha has been a judge and the general dumbing down of the programme, I stopped watching. CO
    I have really enjoyed this years shows

The judges and the audience seem more in agreeance

Russel Grant was fun and did not really get in the way of the competition

Some of the professional display dances have been incredible

World Showcase champions Craig Smith & Natalie Woolf put on an amazing show this Sunday
    Last edited by philsmove; 12th-December-2011 at 12:01 PM.

I think they've got it right for the final. Harry is favourite to win, but after this weekends performances, I really think it's anyone's game. Jason and Chelsee were fabulous.

Since Alesha has been a judge and the general dumbing down of the programme, I stopped watching. :.
    You should it Ok in 2012

Alesha Dixon leaves Strictly for Britain's Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    Just hope they get someone a little more intelligent and eloquent

So who will they get to replace her ?

my guess is, anther ex contestant or may be one of the female professionals

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just hope they get someone a little more intelligent and eloquent
    Whilst we're at it, can we have someone a little more intelligent and eloquent to replace Len? Please?

I don't think this is a "Yay!" moment, really. The replacement judge (who will have to be a woman) will be chosen on the basis of providing good ratings. And ideally, if the choice is controversial (i.e. another celeb), so much the better.

The chances of getting someone with any actual knowledge (e.g. Karen Hardy or a similar ex-pro) are nearly non-existent. As for Arlene returning, forget it.

What's more, the selection process will be drawn out to maximum publicity effect over the next few months, and probably announced with great fanfare sometime in late summer. The producers will want to keep us guessing (and so talking about the show) throughout the year.

So I'd be careful what you wish for - we may look back on Alesha Dixon as being a fount of authoritative knowledge compared to the newcomer.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Whilst we're at it, can we have someone a little more intelligent and eloquent to replace Len? Please?
    Well, I see your point but the difference with Len is that he actually knows what he's talking about and has a credible back ground in dancing. Also, he's got the likability factor, which I don't think Alesha has ever had. To coin a phrase that Alesha might say herself "She did not done good, innit!"

So I'd be careful what you wish for - we may look back on Alesha Dixon as being a fount of authoritative knowledge compared to the newcomer.
    They wouldn't dare give us another muggle, surely? Whoever it is I can't see me ever looking back on the Alesha years fondly...unless, of course, they replace her with wotserface from N-dubz.

I have to have a little chuckle to myself sometimes when I can be bothered to read some of the comments regarding this programme by forum members.
    Its a television show for heavens sake.Anyone would think that it matters who wins the damn contest.
    A collection of has-been z listed personalities trying to either resurrect their flagging careers or are desparate in case they might have been forgotten.Oh there will always be the one or possibly two who actually make a good fist of their opportunity to learn to dance and there will always be some glamour and the obligatory numpty that everyone can ridicule but nevertheless keep them in week after week just because its 'fun'.
    Add to the mix an outrageously over-hyped presenter well passed his sell by date assisted by two glamorous assistants and of course there is the panel of judges,the baddie(a pillock,does he really think that people take him seriously),the goodie(the old cockney geezer who wants to be loved by everyone),a glamorous exwinner and a foreign bloke who's only real contribution seems to be sexual innuendo.

Yes,I hate the programme.
    The only good thing about the programme was Claudia.I just loved her presentation and personality.

'can we have someone a little more intelligent and eloquent'-David/Martine.Perleeeesse.Leave off!!

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    Yes,I hate the programme.
    'can we have someone a little more intelligent and eloquent'-David/Martine.Perleeeesse.Leave off!!
    DJTrev criticise me all you like but at least take the trouble to get my name right

Actually you had some valid points, especially about Brucie be past his sell buy date – no argument from me there. I just think the programme was dumbed down. Not that it was ever in the league of programmes such as the 'Ascent of Man', but a little less pandering to the masses would be good

My apologies Maxine.

Commercial Operator

I like to have a little chuckle to myself sometimes when I see forum members getting all smug and superior over other members' supposedly 'inferior' tastes and obsess[CIRCULAR IRONY ALERT. POST ABORTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    I have to have a little chuckle to myself sometimes when I can be bothered to read some of the comments regarding this programme by forum members.
    Its a television show for heavens sake.Anyone would think that it matters who wins the damn contest.

Commercial Operator

And on a slightly more serious note, I think there's still a lot of good in Strictly. Silliness aside, I enjoy watching the keener dancers progress, I enjoy watching them get over their various mental and physical hurdles, and I think a lot of the celebs on Strictly do get utterly hooked on what they're doing - which makes for compelling viewing. For me, anyway.

Unfortunately, the increasing silliness of much of the program means that we now record each show, then skip around 60% of it while watching. Last year, for example, the "Let's watch them in training" sections involved watching them in training, and it was interesting. This year, all we get is random silliness, and we skip it.

But the good stuff still draws us back to the show - it's one of the very few bits of TV that I've been watching recently.

And some very intelligent people believe in God.

I guess I'm just stupid ;-)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Well, I see your point but the difference with Len is that he actually knows what he's talking about and has a credible back ground in dancing.
    Yes, but he's also descended into "talk in cliche" mode (see Arlene circa 2007), he's got a fetish about sportsmen, and his marks are, at best, capricious - for example, he was happy to ignore illegal lifts from competitors he liked, but he then decided half-way through this series to unilaterally change the rules (based on whose authority?) to crack down on such lifts.

He's a cariacature of himself now. It's time for him to go, he can stay in the US and do their thing.

Also, he's got the likability factor, which I don't think Alesha has ever had. To coin a phrase that Alesha might say herself "She did not done good, innit!"
    Dunno. I don't like him much.

They wouldn't dare give us another muggle, surely?
    Of course they would, if they thought it'd generate ratings. Good thing it has to be a woman, or you might see David Hasselfhof there

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    And on a slightly more serious note, I think there's still a lot of good in Strictly. Silliness aside, I enjoy watching the keener dancers progress, I enjoy watching them get over their various mental and physical hurdles, and I think a lot of the celebs on Strictly do get utterly hooked on what they're doing - which makes for compelling viewing. For me, anyway.
    I still watch it, but not obsessively.

Unfortunately, the increasing silliness of much of the program means that we now record each show, then skip around 60% of it while watching.
    Yes, same here - I typically use iPlayer.

There'd be serious money involved in an app which could automatically fast-forward past The Brucie Bits.

I want Alesha to go away.
    Spooky...

Blog Entries

Better not let Sam get mad at you, that's all I can say

Commercial Operator

Better not let Sam get mad at you, that's all I can say
    Because she'll punish you with a high-paying job on X-Factor? Yeah - that's got to hurt...

Now I just have to work out how to irritate Sam even more than Alesha does... how hard can that be?

Because she'll punish you with a high-paying job on X-Factor? Yeah - that's got to hurt...
    X factor is on it's backside, I can't believe they are even considering another series. Putting Alesha on the show, I'm sure will be the final nail in the coffin.

Annoyingly, she is now fronting the Weight Watchers campaign with her new song and is in the new advert for Weight Watchers. I like the song and I love the ad, but she's never had a weight problem in her life, so her credibility factor in this job is even worse than on Strictly.

Some good news, I hope

Darcey Bussell joins Strictly Come Dancing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17838467

Thread Information