Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
Can they though? I've added a few people, you included, and I don't think I can see you until you've also added me, as I get an email when you've done so. Am not 100% certain about this as I've not been on there enough to monitor it. It seems that adding someone to your circle is a bit like a friend's request on FB. For example, I've added you, you've added me and so I can see your profile/wall thing. I've added Lynn, but she's not replied yet, so I can't see anything on her G+ wall (but I can't be certain whether there is actually anything there or not - so not the best test!). I'm finding it slightly confusing at the moment.

At the moment, it's so quiet that I'm not checking it very much, but am still looking at FB each day as there's more to see going on. However I'm also not posting much on either as I'm too busy and don't have anything that I think will be of any interest to anyone else/amusing.
Putting someone in a circle is simply registering an interest in them (and they'll get a notification). They will only see what you share to that circle, and you'll only see what they've shared to any circle(s) that they may have added you to, if at all. I quite like to add public figures who's posts I find interesting, but will only see what they have to say publicly and no more than that! I personally prefer this asymmetrical model to Facebook.