Prompted by a sentence in Lory's Hemsby report with regard to the inability to interpret music.

Having spent most of the evening in the main room we passed thro the blues room and watched for awhile.
In particular we watched one guy dancing with two separate girls and I was impressed with the connection and intense sensual chemistry from their dancing.
But,and here is the problem for me.To me they were dancing as if in freeze frame mode.God knows how one or the other knew what the other was going to do next,however impressive.Not only that but whatever they were doing had absolutely no connection,in my small musical interpretation brain to what was playing at the time.The music might just as well have been God save the Queen played on a Jews harp for all the relevance it had.Given that part of me would dearly love to be able to even contemplate taking part in this form of dance,I fear that I have neither the ability to interpret the music in such a way nor the necessary ability to make it appear or feel anything other than the blues dance that it is.
It is very easy to see how some people feel inadequate and intimidated in such situations(yes I know this subject has been done to death).
The shame of it is that there were times when I felt very much in that situation this weekend.