Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrested for Dancing

Commercial Operator

Re: Hitler Wasn't the First!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    I don't think exterminating Jews was law in Germany. The majority of Germans are of high moral standing and I believe the German people wouldn't have supported a law which made it compulsory to exterminate a race, faith or clan.
    I didn't say there was a law. However, the legalities of that system were that the "Final Solution" was a direct order and was carried out as such.

The reference was a hark back to David arguing about "English" and "Jewish".

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    The reference was a hark back to David arguing about "English" and "Jewish".
    Oh rubbish. That was a simple example of ethnicity, not a reference to the Holocaust. I could have substituted any nationality / ethnicity.

You Godwinned, you have officially lost

Commercial Operator

I do hope anyone with Parkinson's is warned off ever visiting the memorial!

Greg

Re: Arrested for Dancing

I've been at a party (hosted by people that now live in Bristol) that had the police called on it. The neighbours didn't appreciate the Royal Marine brass band* that arrived at 1am and started giving an impromptu concert.

We only found out the next day - apparently the police said, "sounds like a great party, it's a one-off and they're self-contained. We're not getting involved"

* I strongly recommend inviting the Royal Marines to any party. Because it was a civvie party, they were grateful for the free beer, slept in the garden and were up at 7am giving the whole place a thorough tidy up while the rest of us slept

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by cederic View Post
    I've been at a party (hosted by people that now live in Bristol) that had the police called on it. The neighbours didn't appreciate the Royal Marine brass band* that arrived at 1am and started giving an impromptu concert.

We only found out the next day - apparently the police said, "sounds like a great party, it's a one-off and they're self-contained. We're not getting involved"

* I strongly recommend inviting the Royal Marines to any party. Because it was a civvie party, they were grateful for the free beer, slept in the garden and were up at 7am giving the whole place a thorough tidy up while the rest of us slept
    Of course there was nothing the police could do. The police are there to prevent crime. Late night noise is nothing to do with them unless there's a crime or they believe a crime is likely.

Late night noise is the responsibility of the local Council. Usually the Environmental Health Department. I had the police attend my daughter's 17th birthday party because it was noisy. I simply told them than noise was nothing to do with them and they went away. I did get a letter from Environmental Health - I called and said 'sorry' and the case was closed.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    I called and said 'sorry' and the case was closed.
    You're an asbo in waiting you are

Thread Information