Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Southport Weekender 14-17 May 2004

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by Bardsey
    Of course Jon. Just keep in touch as I'm hoping to arrange a forumite meeting at some stage over the weekend. Would be a shame for so many forumites to be there and not meet up.
    Can I come too please? Maybe we could get JohnAH from Jiveaddiction to give us some kind of 'special' welcome? I'll email him if you think that's a good idea.

I sent the deposit cheque off today, so should be coming North.

I look forward to meeting and dancing with lots of the forumites

Commercial Operator

Southport - Forumites meeting

Hi Lizzie,

Been following this, no need to email me now. Sure, closer to the Extravadanca, and once I have a good idea how many from the Forum are coming along, I'll see what I can arrange for you.

Our website was updated yesterday, and Forumites may wish to view www.jiveaddiction.com

Following the thread about "Top Teachers", we've introduced a page detailing what we are confident is - "The North's BEST EVER line-up of Teachers"!

Check it out and form your own opinions.

www.jiveaddiction.com

Originally posted by Jon L
    I sent the deposit cheque off today, so should be coming North. I look forward to meeting and dancing with lots of the forumites
    Good news, Jon L! I shall certainly look forward to meeting you in Southport.

Amid all this justified talk of Northern Pride (sounds like a type of bread), let's not forget that there will be a very warm welcome for all our southern friends who make the trip. And Southport is dead easy to get to, even from the Centre of the Universe (M1, M6, that's about it...).

Neil

Originally posted by Rachel
    Hey Liz - where do you dance? I can think of a couple of Liz's at Ceroc, but don't know which, if any, you might be.
    I found out who Liz was tonight. Turns out she's someone I've been dancing with for years. A beautiful lady and a gorgeous dancer - yet another reason for us gents to make the trip to Southport

Neil

Hiya folks,
    Am thinking of booking for the Southport weekend, but you all sound Sooooooo experienced at MJ/ceoc what ever, as I'm relatively new to ceroc, I have a feeling I will be completely out of my depth, so will thee be something thats not too much for me(like a nursery slope in skiing!), or will I just be watching!!!!
    Tips, advice, encouragement??
    Fruitcake.

Commercial Operator
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Neil
    Amid all this justified talk of Northern Pride (sounds like a type of bread), let's not forget that there will be a very warm welcome for all our southern friends who make the trip. And Southport is dead easy to get to, even from the Centre of the Universe (M1, M6, that's about it...).

You're spot on Neil! I've quite a few dancing friends in the South and, it goes without saying that they'll all receive a warm welcome at Southport.
    Indeed, all dancers, from wherever, will receive a very very warm welcome.

The Southport Jive Extravadanca is all about dance, meeting up with friends old and new and, importantly - sheer fun!!

www.jiveaddiction.com for latest info'

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by fruitcake
    Am thinking of booking for the Southport weekend, but you all sound Sooooooo experienced at MJ/ceoc what ever, as I'm relatively new to ceroc, I have a feeling I will be completely out of my depth, so will thee be something thats not too much for me(like a nursery slope in skiing!), or will I just be watching!!!!
    Fruitcake. [/B]
    Hi Fruitcake, the beauty about the Southport Jive Extravadanca! is that there is something for all levels of dancers. Sure, some will be more experienced than others but that's an opportunity for the less experienced to improve. I was once told that "it's all about the number of hours you put in" and, speaking personally, I"ve found that to be a very accurate assessment. At Southport you will have the opportunity to put in as many "hours" as you want to, with over 40 hours of dance workshops and nightly freestyles until 4am. You can learn and have lots of fun at the same time and, there will be plenty of dance partners too.

www.jiveaddiction.com

Commercial Operator

Encouragement

Hiya folks,
    Fruitcake.
    Hi Fruitcake
    Don't think you will be out of your depth at Southport. In my past (but not vast) experience there have been dancers of all levels. The classes have been brilliant fun where you can improve your dancing, possibly making new friends and witnessing some inspirational dancers at the freestyles. Feel sure you won't just be watching!

Hiya folks,
    Fruitcake.
    No way will you be out of your depth, these week-ends attract dancers of all levels.

I am even teaching a beginners cha cha session

You will have a great time.

You have probably mostly heard from the more advanced dancers, a lot of them teachers or demoers who are keen to come along, take it from me I actively seek out less experienced dancers to dance with (most teachers and experienced dancers love to dance at all levels, it's all about having FUN). It is so much fun and so rewarding.

Make sure you find me - I do not always walk round with a girl on my shoulder, but it has been known. Looking forward to dancing "in a bun dance" with the fruitcake.

Marty

A bun dance? I think of buns(as in bums) I think of us having our hair up in buns, What could it be?
    Fruitcake

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Martin
    Heh! Sign me up for this one.

We are allowed to heckle, aren't we??

Steve

A bun dance? I think of buns(as in bums) I think of us having our hair up in buns, What could it be?
    Fruitcake
    Abundance ( profusion, great quantity, plenty, loads )

Bum dances are also fun...

Originally posted by TheTramp
    Heh! Sign me up for this one.

We are allowed to heckle, aren't we??

Steve
    Heckle away big boy - yet to choose my victim (opps demoer) - maybe you want to do the followers part on stage?

The Forum Legend
    Heckle away big boy - yet to choose my victim (opps demoer) - maybe you want to do the followers part on stage?
    Sure. I'll demo for you if you want!!

And for the aerials class?

Steve

Originally posted by TheTramp
    Sure. I'll demo for you if you want!!

And for the aerials class?

Steve
    If the Oracle is not up to it, or not at the week-end, then I suppose you will have to do...

Was looking for a slightly more sexy (from a guys perspective ) partner. Still, it would be funny, maybe we will get more laughs than Mikey

The Dashing Moderator
    Originally posted by Neil
    I found out who Liz was tonight. Turns out she's someone I've been dancing with for years. A beautiful lady and a gorgeous dancer - yet another reason for us gents to make the trip to Southport

Neil
    I'm intrigued now as I guess this would be at Marcus Garvey...

Liz, do I know you?
    Love dance, will travel

No way will you be out of your depth, these week-ends attract dancers of all levels.

Make sure you find me - I do not always walk round with a girl on my shoulder, but it has been known. Looking forward to dancing "in a bun dance" with the fruitcake.

Marty
    Abundance?
    Oh yeah.
    I am bit slow with jokes like that-ask anyone who knows me, can be a bit of a strain-but I do have my good points!

Cha cha sound sgreat, glad to hear there is a beginners something.
    As for hecklers Steve-be afraid...be VERY afraid,,,,,I will sort YOU out!

fruitcake

Abundance?
    Oh yeah.
    I am bit slow with jokes like that-ask anyone who knows me, can be a bit of a strain-but I do have my good points!

Cha cha sound sgreat, glad to hear there is a beginners something.
    As for hecklers Steve-be afraid...be VERY afraid,,,,,I will sort YOU out!

fruitcake
    Looking forward to meeting up and dancing with you fruitcake - glad to see someone happy to take the Tramp on...

Look forward to dancing with U2 Martin, yep, reckon I can take the Tramp on, though he is a bit bigger and stronger than me, can definitely sort hm out-ooh! I think he's getting scared now!

Thread Information