Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Southport Weekender 14-17 May 2004

Originally posted by Lynn
    so all those workshops and late night freestyles...
    Lynn, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get as many N.I. people to Southport as possible. The craic will be mighty!

Obviously, dancers from the Republic are equally welcome. Guinness all round! Hurrah!

Neil

Originally posted by Neil
    Lynn, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get as many N.I. people to Southport as possible. The craic will be mighty!

Obviously, dancers from the Republic are equally welcome. Guinness all round! Hurrah!

Neil
    Mission accepted! (Have already been working on two people in phone calls tonight, just wait till I get to the class on Friday!) I'll use all my charm - umm, maybe that won't be enough

Haven't heard of any MJ venues 'down south' (as we call the Republic), if I had I would try and get along sometimes.

Haven't heard of any MJ venues 'down south' (as we call the Republic), if I had I would try and get along sometimes.
    Did a www search and found an Irish MJ organisation. Have emailed them to ask if they run any events and also mentioned the Southport weekend.

Quoting myself, worrying...

Just wanted to say thank you to you all for such lovely comments -Marc works hard on his teaching and he'd be delighted to hear that his efforts were appreciated.

Ceroc politics were always difficult in the past. But now they seem to be relaxing somewhat and it's possible that Marc can teach elsewhere nowadays.

Ceroc even passed on Marc's name to give some hip hop lessons over Chrismas. Although, I guess hip hop isn't competition to Ceroc....

Well, whatever happens, we'll definitely come along for the weekend. I need something to look forward to like that! And I can't wait to meet Martin, Bardsey, Lynn ...

See you on 22nd I hope, John, Neil, Wes. Can I have some dances from you all, please?

(Hey Liz - where do you dance? I can think of a couple of Liz's at Ceroc, but don't know which, if any, you might be. We must owe you at least a few drinks for the wonderful things you said!!! You're not the Ceroc teacher Liz, are you?)
    Rachel

Commercial Operator

Southport Location

Received quite a few emails asking where Southport is. So to enlighten those who don't know - it is not in the south, but in North West England between Liverpool and Blackpool. check out www.jiveaddiction.com for full details of how to get there.

Commercial Operator
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Rachel
    [B]Just wanted to say thank you to you all for such lovely comments -Marc works hard on his teaching and he'd be delighted to hear that his efforts were appreciated.

See you on 22nd I hope, John, Neil, Wes. Can I have some dances from you all, please?

Rachel, Marc is deserving of recognition. He is a talented young teacher and would be a welcome addition to the MJ teaching circuit.

Yes, I look forward to a dance on the 22nd as I'm sure Neil and Wes will too.

The Forum Legend
    Shame I didn't get to meet you at Bognor, Jonnah. I understand from Lory that you were there.

I did see Wes in the distance once, but wasn't able to say hello at that point.

Steve

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by TheTramp
    Shame I didn't get to meet you at Bognor, Jonnah. I understand from Lory that you were there.

I did see Wes in the distance once, but wasn't able to say hello at that point.

Steve
    Saw you at a distance too Steve, but you were either dancing or dj-ing, didn't want to disturb your enjoyment! Must say though that as far as I'm concerned your music set was one of the best at Bognor. Looking forward to a repeat performance at Southport and hope I get a chance to have a dance or two.

We'll meet up before too long.

Originally posted by johnah
    Rachel, Marc is deserving of recognition. He is a talented young teacher and would be a welcome addition to the MJ teaching circuit.

Yes, I look forward to a dance on the 22nd as I'm sure Neil and Wes will too.

Marc's just been asked to teach West Bridgford Ceroc tomorrow night as well. I can't come - working in Margate, unfortunately. But I'll definitely be there on 22nd - look forward to seeing you!
    R.

Could well think of coming North for this one, but if I do please could you North and Scots members give me a warm welcome as I might well be on my own :sorry

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't come!

I wouldn't have missed it for anything else, other than my sisters Hen weekend in Ibiza!

Oh why do 2 great things have to happen on the same weekend!

I hope it's a great success and you all have a brilliant time!
    I'm sure you will!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Originally posted by Jon L
    Could well think of coming North for this one, but if I do please could you North and Scots members give me a warm welcome as I might well be on my own :sorry
    Don't forget the Northern Ireland member! It will be nice to see you again

Of course Jon. Just keep in touch as I'm hoping to arrange a forumite meeting at some stage over the weekend. Would be a shame for so many forumites to be there and not meet up.

Originally posted by Bardsey
    Of course Jon. Just keep in touch as I'm hoping to arrange a forumite meeting at some stage over the weekend. Would be a shame for so many forumites to be there and not meet up.
    Great idea! I was thinking the same. Count me in too!

The Forum Legend
    Can I come too please??

Steve

Great idea! I was thinking the same. Count me in too!
    Ok Lynn you're on my list. I'll sort something out and do a posting before the event.

Originally posted by TheTramp

Can I come too please??

Steve
    But of course, would I dare, or even want to, leave you out Steve.

Jill

Exclamation

An idea which might be worth organising - how about if we had a ceroc forum badge designed each with our personalised forum name on it which we agree to wear at Southport - Andy McG came up with an idea at Camber of us wearing white t-shirts, but a badge on our own clothing which will also help for the forum weekend in September?

The reason I mention this is I am still tracking down members and putting faces to names - last weekend for example I met Lory twice the first time we didn't know who each other was all sorted now.

An idea which might be worth organising - how about if we had a ceroc forum badge designed each with our personalised forum name on it which we agree to wear at Southport - Andy McG came up with an idea at Camber of us wearing white t-shirts, but a badge on our own clothing which will also help for the forum weekend in September?
    Great idea! Why don't you PM Andy and see what he can come up with?

Jill

Exclamation

better still why don't I take up the initiative - /moderators or Franck can I have permission to reproduce the ceroc forum logo on the badge please ????

If anyone knows of a good badge supplier then please get in touch with me

Another thread coming soon.....

That would be helpful, though I am very bad at remembering names the first few times I meet folk, so if their forum name is different I might get confused, but then what's new!

Was already looking forward to what will be my first weekender, getting to meet up with other forumites will make it even more fun!

Thread Information