Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Southport Weekender 14-17 May 2004

Awesome Foursome in practice
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's a tough life but someone has to do it!

Two DJ's hard at work
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Forum Legend

Re: It's a tough life but someone has to do it!

Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
    Two DJ's hard at work
    Well.... I was working. You're just drinking Bud in your pajama bottoms

Trampy

Re: What sun! What dancing!! What people!!! What a weekend !!!!!!

Originally posted by ianhadling

Big 11 out of 10 for Martin's teaching style ... keeping everyone moving around efficiently the way he wanted, and having total clarity with his instruction (Cha-cha-cha workshop, or should that be playshop!!). Also for gorgeous {Scottish} Lisa (or is it Liz) for wonderful demonstrating, and helping Martin out when the girl's footwork got tricky with the hockey stick. You two certianly fooled me into thinking you'd been teaching together for years!

And for showing sense and safety (and equal clarity) in the low-strength aerials. - Both 'play-shops' carried out in the slightly more challenging 'Dancer's Den'.

Thanks, it is always good to get encoraging feedback, even for an "old hand" like myself.
    I have never taught cha cha before but frequently intergrate it into my freestyle, so when Wes asked if I could do a cha cha lesson I was pleased to do so.
    My gorgeous co-teacher was the lovely Lisa from the forum (as the Scots will know a fantastic teacher), who I was fortunate to meet up with on my trip to Scotland to visit Linda (such great people in Scotland). We went through the routine a couple of hours before. She certainly made a huge difference to the "playshop".

The Ariels class was great fun for me, as everyone was so keen to learn. Yes I did make it challenging, the more you do the easier it gets.
    To all of you who attended, practice-practice-practice and don't forget safety and those spotters.
    I know some of you missed it, as it was the last class on Sunday, so we had the real "die-hards" attending.
    I did get some comments from those having to travel back for work monday and would have liked to have been there.
    Also had some feedback from some who would have liked to do it Saturday and have a chance to practice and get back to me and ask questions, a thought for next time.

Big big thank you to Anne who demoed the ariels for me, not an experienced ariels person but picked it up on the Friday and delivered on the Sunday - total respect She comes from Exeter way and made the trip up especially with her friend Lara (they also did the double trouble demos with Ren).

All in all I had so much fun, saw the dawn break every day. A great week-end. Don't miss fellow Aussies Mark and Simone coming over for September, they are great teachers and fab dancers.
    Last edited by Martin; 19th-May-2004 at 11:07 PM.

Re: Re: What sun! What dancing!! What people!!! What a weekend !!!!!!

John Wes and the team
    thankyou ever so much for a fantastic weekend. John and Wes deserve the utmost credit for providing a weekend to remember.

The customer service was second to none. you were always approachable smiling and willing to spend time with the "punters".
    Do not ever lose that it will serve you well.

The venue was just so so good, the amount of seating for us (punters) was great, much much better than at some other venues where there is virtually no seating capacity and the dancers are crammed on the floor is like sardines.

Don't try to overfill the hall in the future as the space made the weekend for us all.

The blues room was a real fun place to be and I saw the dawn in all 3 nights

The weekend has made me a better dancer I have never danced and been so relaxed on the dance floor. I had several lovely dances with Marianne and Chris. Please thank them for me.

All the lessons I attended were excellent.

teachers and djs second to none.

Your efforts at this inaugural event ( and all helpers) need to be broadcast far and wide.

Never ever lose your appoachabilty or excellent customer service and I garantee everyone will look forward to enjoying EXTRAVADANCA 2010, 2011 and 2012 and beyond

Good luck for the future. See you in September.

Originally posted by Mikey
    I am so so so so sorry !!! Bardsey baby.. it was the nerves , honest... I don't think i could cope with Milkey and any woman saying she has been full of Milkey goodness one day !!!

Pals again
    Milkey goodness.............good one! Thanks for the lovely pic, of course we're pals, always

Commercial Operator

What sun! What dancing!! What people!!! What a weekend !!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Wes & I are slowly recovering from the weekend that was, and are truly touched by the many kind comments that have come our way. Thank you, it means a lot to us.

Overall it was a great weekend, despite a few niggles about accommodation. I suppose that was to be expected, but we'll do all we can to put that right come September. However, the classes, the teachers, the music and all the dancers were simply brilliant. The atmosphere and friendliness surpassed anything Wes & I have experienced before at similar events. Quite scary really, cos how do we top it?

We have a lot of people to thank for helping us to make the first Southport Extravadanca a success. To everyone we say a BIG BIG THANK YOU! To our wives, Mariane and Chris, we say thanks for putting up with us for the past 4/5 months cos it can't have been easy! And, to that "rogue" who had the 'bloody' cheek to nick my shampoo etc what can I say!

Mikey, you went above and beyond our expectations to help us make Southport a hit. Your performance on Saturday night was something special and highly memorable.

But you know payback is coming!

Hope to see you all again at Jiving You Wild! in September.

The Oracle
    Almost forgot about these. Will 'volunteering' to get his eyebrows plucked by Janine whilst being held down by Kate & Daisy.

The Oracle
    and another

Originally posted by DavidB
    Almost forgot about these. Will 'volunteering' to get his eyebrows plucked by Janine whilst being held down by Kate & Daisy.
    Will does appear to be enjoying the experience.

Can't say I blame him, actually my eyebrows need doing!!!

Thank You All

Well that was the best dance weekend I've ever had!! Totally brilliant. Congratulations to Wes and John.

The Forum meeting was a great start to the weekend, I was really impressed with how friendly everyone was, and of course the sublime dancing. Thanks Bardsley and Trampy for starting the introductions, and great follow up from the Dreadful Scathe.

The Scottish/Northern element of the weekend was a huge plus for me, everyone was so friendly and such great dancers. I have never had so many wonderful dances with strangers (who didn't feel as strange as I'd thought as I'd already read their postings). The Forumites definitely made my weekend, thank you all.

The only problem is, I dream of kilts...the way they swish against my thighs...

Alison

Ps. See you all in September

Just wanted to quickly add my thanks to all involved for a fantastic weekend. Totally agree with all the positive comments above.

Sunday night/Monday morning - Wow! Thanks to Marc, Steve, Ash & Mikey for making it unforgettable!!! And a special thanks to Rachel for letting me have so many dances with Marc. Had to make up for not being with you all this weekend. Gutted that I couldn't make it to Aberdeen but Colorado has its compensations. Have Fun!

Janet

Re: Re: Re: What sun! What dancing!! What people!!! What a weekend !!!!!!

Originally posted by under par
    John Wes and the team
    thankyou ever so much for a fantastic weekend. John and Wes deserve the utmost credit for providing a weekend to remember.

The customer service was second to none. you were always approachable smiling and willing to spend time with the "punters".
    Do not ever lose that it will serve you well.

Never ever lose your appoachabilty or excellent customer service and I garantee everyone will look forward to enjoying EXTRAVADANCA 2010, 2011 and 2012 and beyond

Good luck for the future. See you in September.
    I'm a bit late posting but I would like to add that we had an absolutely fab weekend and are already looking forward to September. We are convinced that Wes had cloned himself, because everytime we turned around he was there smiling

We think there should be a "How many times can you spot Wes in an hour" quiz

It was great to see everyone looking so relaxed and friendly, unlike some events where they look stressed and harassed. Even if Wes and the team were stressed it didn't show and this encouraged everyone else to relax.

I did manage to catch up with some of the Scots, thanks Chickie for the lovely chat will see you all in September.

Thread Information