Thread: 15 hours non stop dancing!

15 hours non stop dancing!

This Saturday, Lisa Wilde, ceroc teacher from Cheltenham, is doing a 15 hour dance-a-thon for charity: to raise money for the LINC fund (Lukaemia and Intensive Chemotherapy).

She and a host of willing male partners start at 6am in The Brewery - an open air shopping/entertainment centre.
    She'll dance continuously - all day, including a flashmob routine at 2pm. At 6, she and Tom Baker will continue to dance on the back of a flat bed lorry as it takes them to the Pitville Pump Rooms, where she'll continue at a freestyle, including a live band, John Baker DJing and free hair dos!

This isn't a plug or an ad for the event, so I hope it's allowed (pls remove if it's not), and Lisa doesn't even know I'm writing this.
    But having seen her over the last few months; planning / organising / training / promoting incessantly - her efforts really do deserve to be acknowledged.

Hopefully, it'll generate a lot of awareness of ceroc in the area, as well as raising money for a worthy cause:
    http://www.lincfund.org/15hourdanceathon_110.php
    http://www.justgiving.com/Lisa-Wilde

Re: 15 hours non stop dancing!

She is to be congratulated.

But Ceroc used to do it a lot and I have twice Ceroced for 24 hours non-stop.

I'm dancing from 10-11. Plus I might stick around for the busk thingy at 12.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prian View Post
    She is to be congratulated.

But Ceroc used to do it a lot and I have twice Ceroced for 24 hours non-stop.
    Ah, yes, those were the days

Is this 15-hour thing an actual non-stop dance session? Or are there breaks every hour? Because if the former, that'd be astonishing, and possibly dangerous.

But I hope she does well.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Ah, yes, those were the days
    I am probably in a minority of one, but I would like to see the "Ceroc Marathons" replace the Champs. At least bring them back again.

But a few years ago I inquired on behalf of a friend who wanted Ceroc's advice on putting on a dance-a-thon. And I was told by Head Office that Ceroc doesn't help with charities. Just a couple of years after they stopped the marathons and Ceroc changed ownership. Though this may just be coincidence

Is this 15-hour thing an actual non-stop dance session? Or are there breaks every hour?
    I'd be interested to know that too.

My last marathon was in 1994 and according to the rules laid down by the charity we were supporting, in order to claim that one had danced for 24 hours, we had to dance a minimum of 12 hours non-stop. So two songs danced, two songs rest or something like that, Don't know if the same rules apply.

Because if the former, that'd be astonishing, and possibly dangerous.
    I agree. But then "They Shoot Horses Don't They?"

Her aim, as far as I'm aware, is to do the whole thing as much as is possible, apart from loo visits and quick snacks/drinks between songs but that, of course, remains to be seen.
    The thing that has impressed her locals so much is that she has come up with and organised the whole thing. The charity have it on their website but they're not involved in running it, neither are Ceroc.
    She's single handedly arranged the 2 venues, the 15 hour supply of partners, food for them, the transport, choreographed and taught the flashmob routine at private sessions, liased with the band and all the trimmings at the evening event. She's had posters made, been on local radio and in the local press a lot. Plus she's been training seriously for months, including long dance sessions at freestyles / Camber to build up stamina.
    Will feedback on how she does.
    Fingers crossed it's a dry day and people support her...

Well she did 15 hours non-stop.. apart from a few loo breaks she didn't stop. she started off in the pouring rain, snacked on the dancefloor, had lots of people supporting/joining in all day. It was a lovely atmosphere as the sun came out, felt a bit like dancing outside at Southport!.
    She had continuous music and didn't miss a song despite back, knees and feet complaining as the hours went by, even kept dancing in the corner while the lesson was going on at the evening do, had a manically fast track to finish on, which was spotlighted and met thunderous applause. She raised over £6,800 and it's still coming in.
    Pretty impressive stuff!

Well, that's impressive, I don't think I could manage one hour non-stop let alone 15!

Thread Information