Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morning Stroll

Blog Entries

Re: Morning Stroll

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
    How about this and this? I don't think that's fair. And in any case, research suggests the extra wealth won't even add anything to their life.
    That's interesting, I could save a fortune in tax. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    That's interesting, I could save a fortune in tax. Thanks.
    But what will you do with all the tax you evade (apart from getting your vehicle pimped by Overfinch)?

Blog Entries

But what will you do with all the tax you evade (apart from getting your vehicle pimped by Overfinch)?
    Well I had to look that one up (am I too old or too poor?) for starters, but no, no pimped cars.
    I think I'd use my saved tax by burning it to keep warm whilst I stand and watch the protesters.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I think you mean "avoid" , not "evade" . Denis Healey said:

“The difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion is the thickness of a prison wall”.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post

Not just publicly owned companies. It happens with councils and NHS and it really annoys me because it seems unnecessary. How can you quantify if the logo is responsible for an increase in profits?

Public Owned Companies hit the headlines more.. The latest section of one that I know about is The BBC rebranding BBC 7 (Classic Comedy repeats, Crime Fiction, Sci Fi, audio books and a bit of factual content) as BBC Radio 4 Extra - WHy???? What was the point?? They haven't actually changed the format that much (My Monday morning still remain saneish from The Navy Lark repeats and the Goons ) so Why Change at all???

The bit that I can't get over is, when quite a few of the banks have been propped up by public funds ... Why on EARTH are we not protesting against the Blachguards that got us into this mess allowing themselves slaps on the back and bonuses..???

Some of the Golden handshakes CEOs of banks have been allowed to get away with lately could have paid for quite a few of ordinary mortals like teachers, nurses, or even better, tax inspectors - to round up the rest of the unpaid taxes. (Idea anyone??)

OK it wouldn't fill the whole gap in income, but it would at least leave the mortals that are losing jobs feel slightly less squashed, and maybe reduce the number of people that lose their jobs in the first place..

WT runs to get her flak jacket and tin hat

"The price of this financial crisis is being borne by people who absolutely did not cause it, now is the period when the cost is being paid, I'm surprised that the degree of public anger has not been greater than it has." Mervyn King – to Treasury Select Committee

Thread Information