Thread: Advice Needed Regarding Spain

Advice Needed Regarding Spain

Hi, I am looking for some advice. I need to go to Spain in June for my niece’s wedding so want to go for a long weekend. The wedding is in Malaga but I don’t necessarily have to stay there; as long it’s no more than about a half hours drive away. I have not been to Spain for over 20 years, so I am really not au fait with the area anymore

Any recommendations where to stay and is it better to book flights and accommodation separately?

Re: Advice Needed Regarding Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    Hi, I am looking for some advice. I need to go to Spain in June for my niece’s wedding so want to go for a long weekend. The wedding is in Malaga but I don’t necessarily have to stay there; as long it’s no more than about a half hours drive away. I have not been to Spain for over 20 years, so I am really not au fait with the area anymore

Any recommendations where to stay and is it better to book flights and accommodation separately?
    I would book flights and accommodation separately. I had a good experience with Owner's Direct website. You can contact people directly, usually Brits, and negotiate your requirements. Hopefully you will end up in a pleasant village apartment or cottage somewhere. On the other hand, maybe you'd prefer a high rise hotel with a pool, although I'd probably hate that!

There is a nice seaside town with an old quarter out to the East of Malaga, can't remember what it's called, maybe about 30 mins away. Lots of steep cobbled streets and geraniums, that sort of thing. I'll try to look it up later.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    Hopefully you will end up in a pleasant village apartment or cottage somewhere. .

There is a nice seaside town with an old quarter out to the East of Malaga, can't remember what it's called, maybe about 30 mins away. Lots of steep cobbled streets and geraniums, that sort of thing. I'll try to look it up later.
    That sound perfect.

Actually checked the invitation last night and noticed that it is not in Malaga but in a place called Velez-Malaga about 20 mins away. I did some research and found that Nerja is about 30 mins away from there and this looks like a nice quaint beach resort. Have you been there?

Hi, The town i was thinking of is Salobrena.
    http://www.spain-holiday.com/Salobrena
    It might be as much as an hour away from Velez-Malaga. Don't think i've been to Nerja but it is a fairly big town. All the hills along that coast are dotted with small villages, I would imagine you could find somewhere pleasant, here for example. http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain-costa-tropical.htm
    I booked a cottage in the Alpujarras with this site and it was easy and good value.

Hi, The town i was thinking of is Salobrena.
    http://www.spain-holiday.com/Salobrena
    It might be as much as an hour away from Velez-Malaga. Don't think i've been to Nerja but it is a fairly big town. All the hills along that coast are dotted with small villages, I would imagine you could find somewhere pleasant, here for example. http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain-costa-tropical.htm
    I booked a cottage in the Alpujarras with this site and it was easy and good value.
    thanks for the advice, will check this out and compare against Nerja.

I think I must be the only person who has not been to Spain for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    thanks for the advice, will check this out and compare against Nerja.

I think I must be the only person who has not been to Spain for years.
    I haven't been to Spain for years - I usually seem to have rubbish holidays there for a whole variety of reasons. The one in the Alpujarras was the only good one!

Thread Information