Thread: Nightmares

Nightmares

Many movies have plot lines along the lines of "your worst nightmare!" or nightmares involving hell's demons.

Well, has anyone actually had such a nightmare? In my opinion Terry Pratchett explains it best.....

Nightmares are usually rather daft things and it’s very hard to explain to a listener what was so dreadful about your socks coming alive or giant carrots jumping out of the hedgerows.” ~Terry Pratchett, Eric

I had one recently whereby I had to take a lady to a Ceroc class on my bicycle. and would get to date her after. The venue was one street away, but I could not find it.

Have you had truly gory/gruesome nightmares, or the silly (when you try to explain it later)?

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by Prian View Post
    Have you had truly gory/gruesome nightmares, or the silly (when you try to explain it later)?
    The most disturbing dreams I have are ones which are plausible, weirdly enough - for example, I woke up early on Thursday morning (4am) because I thought I heard a noise outside. I then went back to sleep, and had a dream about some intruders - in short, they dumped rubbish outside, I chased them, they called the police complaining about me assaulting them, and I came back home to find a full team of detectives combing tthrough my front garden looking for evidence of my crime and looking to arrest me.

See, whilst that's implausible (the police responding to a call within minutes?), it's not totally impossible, it's the sort of thing that could happen. So I woke up around 5:30am, and I just couldn't go to sleep, because I was worrying about this ficticious scenario... Weird.

Similarly, if I get angry at someone I know in my dreams, I sometimes stay annoyed at them when I wake - silly, I know.

But I don't really have "evil monster" type of nightmares, or at least if I do I don't remember them.

Blog Entries

I think dreams are related to what has happened that day or something that you are worried about.

I dreamt yesterday that Danny was dancing in lycra. God knows what put that idea in my head. !!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I think dreams are related to what has happened that day or something that you are worried about.

I dreamt yesterday that Danny was dancing in lycra. God knows what put that idea in my head. !!
    Can't imagine.

Correct

I dreamt yesterday that Danny was dancing in lycra.
    Is that a nightmare?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prian View Post
    Correct

Is that a nightmare?
    Oh yes. !!! He is definately not right for lycra. !! Now a bit of leather.. oh yes.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Similarly, if I get angry at someone I know in my dreams, I sometimes stay annoyed at them when I wake - silly, I know.
    I'm the same!

Sometimes mines are but sometimes they're just so random, like I went through a horrible spate of dreaming about having to look after babies and I kept inadvertently hurting them. It was absolutely terrible and I have no idea why?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

My recurring nightmare at the moment is that it's my wedding day (that's not the nightmare bit) and everything goes wrong. Every night I'm having these dreams and I'm not even organising the wedding.

The one night I didn't dream about the wedding was a few nights ago, when an even worse nightmare crept into my brain. I blame Gav, there was nothing much on the telly so channel surfing he happened across a film called . Just watching the trailer again gives me the willies.

Blog Entries

I think dreams are related to something that you are worried about.

I dreamt yesterday that Danny was dancing in lycra.
    Hmm, something you're worried about eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    My recurring nightmare at the moment is that it's my wedding day (that's not the nightmare bit) and everything goes wrong. Every night I'm having these dreams and I'm not even organising the wedding.

The one night I didn't dream about the wedding was a few nights ago, when an even worse nightmare crept into my brain. I blame Gav, there was nothing much on the telly so channel surfing he happened across a film called . Just watching the trailer again gives me the willies.
    Hilarious
    Well you got caught with a flat
    Well how 'bout that
    Well babies don't you panic
    By the light of the night
    It'll all seem alright
    I'll get you a Satanic mechanic

Rocky Horror anyone?

I do like the "100% medically accurate" statement at the end of the trailer too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Hmm, something you're worried about eh?
    well yes because in my dream, I was dancing right next too him in bright pink leotard.

Blog Entries

well yes because in my dream, I was dancing right next too him in bright pink leotard.
    Well, that's... ummm... an image.

Blog Entries

Well, that's... ummm... an image.
    thanks x x

I thought I was the only one who did this. I can be in an absolute mood with someone because of what I have dreampt. Luckily I rarely remember dreaming.

Blog Entries

thanks x x
    Lurve you really

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    I thought I was the only one who did this. I can be in an absolute mood with someone because of what I have dreampt. Luckily I rarely remember dreaming.
    Well, a dreamologist (or whatever) might say that we were unconsciously angry at that person anyway, for some reason, and we simply expressed that anger in our dreams, then had that genuine feeling when we woke up.

Could be rubbish of course.

Blog Entries

Lurve you really

Well, a dreamologist (or whatever) might say that we were unconsciously angry at that person anyway, for some reason, and we simply expressed that anger in our dreams, then had that genuine feeling when we woke up.

I dreamt all my teeth fell out when I was pregnant and Im sure I read somewhere that this is a common dream in pregnant ladies.

I find that quite weird.

Dreamologist indeed!!!

Oh I'm so glad I'm in the right!!!

Thread Information