Thread: Levels of accommodation at Southport

Levels of accommodation at Southport

I've been looking at the different accommodation available at SP in May. Cant work out from the descriptions what the differences are between budget,classic and club. Apart from free electricity, that is!

May be staying in Club. What do you get for your buck?

Re: Levels of accommodation at Southport

Hi Captain Jack

I've only stayed in Club at Southport and would say it is definitely worth paying the extra in winter as you can keep the fires on (better heaters as well)all day (and night) if you wish; so you never have to face a cold chalet.

I the summer the Club chalets are right in the heart of all the outdoors action as they are in a big circle surrounding the grass where the games take place.

If you can afford it I'd say go for a club as the equipment is better plus you get towels and microwave as well as the electric.

the only time I don't stay in a club is at the VLV in the summer at Camber - chalet serves my needs don't need the heating etc.

The Forum Legend

Umm. For the extra cost of the club chalets, you can easily put enough cards into the meter to have the heaters on the entire time, and have plenty of cash left over.

As for the towels, and microwave, I don't really count that as an issue either.

The only reason I can see for having a club chalet is to be closer to the venue. But again, for the difference in price, I'm prepared to walk 2 mins more :p

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Umm. For the extra cost of the club chalets, you can easily put enough cards into the meter to have the heaters on the entire time, and have plenty of cash left over.
    Not entirely true because the heaters are better and more efficient and have heard people say that they have had the heaters on all weekend and that the chalets don't get warm.

I agree with you about some of the other things towels etc (I prefer my own anyway).

I just prefer the Club chalets - Southport is so well set with it's circular design that it does not really matter as distance is not an issue.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I forgot my towels one year and had to hired some and found out that, for £5 you can hire a full chalet's worth of towels and change them as often as you want.
    I can't remember how much but I think there was a small deposit but you got that back as soon as you returned the towels to the reception.

As for the differences between budget and club, as said before, it basically just boils down to a microwave, free electricity but most importantly, position!

I had a classic once and preferred the position to the clubs for winter, as it was practically next to the Blues room but you can also get unlucky with those too.
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I stayed in a £39 budget chalet earlier this month and must say that it was better than the last classic and club chalets I had at Southport. In fact the last club I stayed in had mould all over the sofa and a horrible brown water leak in the living area, by Sunday night the towels we had put down on the floor were fit only for the bin.

I think as far as standards are concerned at Southport, more money does not mean a better quality chalet.

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    Not entirely true because the heaters are better and more efficient and have heard people say that they have had the heaters on all weekend and that the chalets don't get warm.
    Ours was lovely and toasty. I've not noticed any difference in the heaters between the club and the normal ones to be honest. I didn't realise there was a difference.

Thread Information