Thread: The future of modelling womens clothes?

The future of modelling womens clothes?

I think most people are aware that catwalk models aren't usually the most curvaceous women around.

Then today I saw this, and wondered if it could be the future of catwalk models. There's some more pictures of the same model here and here.

Could we have a situation in the future where womens clothes are never modelled by women on the catwalk?

Re: The future of modelling womens clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
    I think most people are aware that catwalk models aren't usually the most curvaceous women around.

Then today I saw this, and wondered if it could be the future of catwalk models. There's some more pictures of the same model here and here.

Could we have a situation in the future where womens clothes are never modelled by women on the catwalk?
    He is rather beautiful!!

I think the problem with most high fashion is it is designed by gay men and their ideal woman is actually a man: so there is little hope for the a more curvaceous model

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    He is rather beautiful!!
    No he isn't. He's all wrong. Yuk!

I think the problem with most high fashion is it is designed by gay men and their ideal woman is actually a man: so there is little hope for the a more curvaceous model
    The problem with most high street fashion is that they only fit six foot men with no boobs, but 20 stone teenagers think, because it's fashion that they need to apply a massive shoe horn to their arses and squeeze themselves into these garments and look utterly vile in them.

I like the new "isme" advert with the Lynda Bellingham. It must be my age, but that's exactly how I feel when I go shopping.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

The problem with most high street fashion is that they only fit six foot men with no boobs, but 20 stone teenagers think, because it's fashion that they need to apply a massive shoe horn to their arses and squeeze themselves into these garments and look utterly vile in them.

I like the new "isme" advert with the Lynda Bellingham. It must be my age, but that's exactly how I feel when I go shopping.
    ooh yeah, thats reminded me, i must look that up cause im convinced "its for me"

He is rather beautiful!!
    I just had another look here, there's another 7 images I didn't see the first time around. He's definitely a very pretty boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

Commercial Operator

Heterosexual men like women with curves. However, they aren't the ones shopping for women's clothes or looking at catwalk fashions. If heterosexual men were watching the catwalk they'd notice what the curvy women were wearing before they noticed the waifs.

However, heterosexual men have zero influence on what women buy. The evidence is stearing us in the face - tights!

Thread Information