Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blush - The Aftermath (Feb 2011)

Blog Entries

Re: Blush - The Aftermath (Feb 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    :

No doubt I'll be returning in May though
    yes so will we all.

You can stick dancers into a cold, damp, windy, awful situation with ya arse hanging out the bathroom door and yet we will not be beaten back. !! We are hard we are.

Flood in bathroom
    which swelled the door frame
    So the door jammed shut
    So I ripped the handel off the door trying to open it.
    And had to attract the attention of a passing cleaning women throught the gap in the bathroom window
    Who got the handy men to let me out.
    all in all Price-less.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    I'm also a bit surprised this thread is so quiet
    The Feb Southports were always quieter than the summer ones, even going back to Jive Addiction days, so maybe a little quieter than a summer SP. Still seemed pretty busy though.
    I'm also a bit surprised this thread is so quiet
    I'm not sure I have much to add that hasn't been said.

My chalet was worse than usual, with paint hanging down off the bathroom ceiling, and a shower that was a "dribble" until a maintenance guy applied that well-known plumber's tool, a big hammer, to it.

I enjoyed the music in the afternoons - I think Paul Foster did a very good job on Saturday afternoon.

Had some good dances, met friends again that I'd not seen since the last one, etc. etc.

I didn't notice the CerocPix folk taking photos this time- were they there?
    Love dance, will travel

- so my top tip for Pontins weekends (until the refurbs kick in) is to take a large roll of gaffer tape with you. It really does work wonders in keeping what heat you can generate in the chalet, but is a little bit of problem if you actually want to open any of the windows...

So Rocky, you take a role of gaffer tape with you when you go away for the weekend, you decadent thing.
    Last edited by Lory; 11th-February-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickC View Post
    -So Rocky, you take a role of gaffer tape with you when you go away for the weekend, you decadent thing...

Every one should.. it's useful for all sorts of shinnagins..

I had a good weekend, well up until Sunday tea-time when I suddenly became unwell, high fever and feeling sick. This meant that I never made it out on Sunday evening but apart from that I had a good time.

I did miss some regulars this weekend as well as a large part of the Scottish contingent I did miss the usual Silverfox and Zebra Woman sets.

I really didn't enjoy the majority of music I heard in the main room over the weekend and after a while on Friday i imposed a new rule on myself, 3 crap tracks - get out of the room. That seemed to work for the rest of the weekend and meant that I never got bored.

I ventured out early on Sunday for swingers hour with the intention of simply watching. After two tracks, coat was off, shoes changed and I was up there.
    to those who manage this set from start to finish, at one point I did three tracks on the trot but by the end I was hoping an oxygen mask was about to fall from the ceiling.

The music in the blues room was more to my taste over the weekend and I did enjoy some of the sets including the sack the DJ slots.

As usual, great to catch up with my Southport mates who kept me entertained over the weekend so thanks to Lory, Maxine, Sunnybunny, DTS, Rachel and Jive-ee - you all made for an enjoyable weekend. Lovely chating to Fletch and the gang ..... I think even they'll admit they're a bit old to be the Fletcherettes now!

My chalet was fine, plenty of hot water, clean (in Southport terms ) at least on the inside and everything worked. Given that I normally pay around £100 and have problems and this time I paid £39, I can conclude that money buys nothing in terms of the standard of chalet.

Looking forward to going back but it won't be May this year, off to Munich again and the weekenders are just too close together given that I'm normally ill after Southport.

Enjoy Scorch ya all XX

Good
    Have an absolutely cracking time - we enjoyed this weekender more than any other we've been to for ages!
    Saturday Afternoon - danced so much and loved the music.
    Enjoyed watching the swingers hour and watching dts try to keep up - seriously thought I'd better keep my phone handy incase an ambulance was needed ;p
    Made it out both nights we were there - have been known to sleep through them recently.
    Loved the girly tag with Battlecat and Maxine.
    So nice to see and dance with so many lovely people.
    It was less busy than normal which was great.

Bad
    Not getting dances with Darryl and Mr Darcy and a few others.
    Club chalet that had more water in it than the rain outside - floor was continually wet.
    Shower that never turned off - think we might have had the water that others were missing. We had maintenance out 3 times to the point where DTS and Anton (the maintenance man) were becoming scarily friendly. Can't complain though as mike gave us another club chalet that we could use if required.
    Fridge didn't work - didn't matter as chalet was soo cold.

Ugly
    Getting ill on sunday - again
    Having to leave early to be back to uni on Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pants View Post
    I did miss the usual Silverfox sets.
    That's what the afternoons were missing for me.

The music in the blues room was more to my taste over the weekend and I did enjoy some of the sets including the sack the DJ slots.
    I'm hoping you were there for mine

As usual, great to catch up with my Southport mates who kept me entertained over the weekend so thanks to Lory, Maxine, Sunnybunny, DTS, Rachel and Jive-ee - you all made for an enjoyable weekend.

Looking forward to going back but it won't be May this year, off to Munich again and the weekenders are just too close together given that I'm normally ill after Southport.

Enjoy Scorch ya all XX
    Lovely to see you again honey and awesome dances as always! But I'm booked for Scorch and you won't be there where will I get my funky, fabulous filth from?! Have loads of fun in Munich and I look forward to catching you at another event. x

Quote Originally Posted by jive-vee View Post

I'm hoping you were there for mine
    Course I was, that was the end of my weekend's dancing and it was a good way to go.

I too hope to see you soon X

Quote Originally Posted by jive-vee View Post
    .... where will I get my funky, fabulous filth from?!
    Not so sure about funky, but I'm willing to give fabulous filth a go I guess

Negatives
    Constant rain.. hoping May is a lot better!
    The journey there.. taking us from Doncaster about 6 hours to do a 2 hour journey due to the weather.
    Have to agree with you all about the chalets.. we were in a budget chalet at the back of the site, all okay but ate electric cards like they were going out of fashion...
    got there and kettle didn't work... got it replaced next day as didn't arrive til all customer service had closed.
    bunk bed collapsing when donna got out.. and donna isn't exactly a big girl.. luckily i wasn't in the bottom bunk
    The floors.. aching knees / ankles all weekend.. i know i don't dance as much as i did previously but it really did hurt to dance.. even ached after Friday night!
    Didn't dance with half as many people as i would have liked to due to my own lack of confidence / lack of attention to stay in one place for more than 1 track if i didn't "feel it".

Positives

the usual really..
    seeing people
    having fun
    catching up with friends etc etc

Overall...
    wishing that southport was indeed real life sometimes....

I can do bedlice and woodworm but first chalet I was given after a 200 mile drive it wouldn't be legal to board a dog there.

Next one pitch dark and dangerous but after 90mins all sorted.

Weekend as expected lots of sets I liked, lots I didn't. I think the bouncy room better then usual spent a good 55% of my time there.

Thought the third room could have been used far better then allowing it for the exclusive use of 8 couples.

Given numbers were about 20% less overcrowding on dance floor not a big issue.

Love the swingers hrs and the 70s set and nice to catch up with people I hadn't seen for a while.

8/10

I'm also a bit surprised this thread is so quiet - was the event itself less-attended?

Maybe we need to stir up some controversy by slagging off someone.
    What I don't get , it rained and rained. NEVER got that with JIVE Addiction they were well organised and had blue skies and sun.

Ceroc even organised snow at Camber in November !! Franco always had milder weather, what gives ??

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev, over on the Swish thread View Post
    Photographs are up at cerocpics
    As are the Blush photos.

Far fewer photos than were taken at Blush a year ago though.
    Love dance, will travel

Thread Information